No announcement yet.

Philly sends Denver a message?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think we'll go after McNabb but lol at people saying McNabb I'd a choke artist. People said the same thing about John Elway before his Super Bowls and Peyton Manning before his. It's not always the QBs fault, sometimes it's just the talent around him.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockoutOrton8 View Post
      That's why, playoffs nearly every year with no payoff. I'll be one to admit that I enjoy watching McNabb play in the regular season and when he's good he's good, but he chokes in the playoffs. That's why Philly fans are done with this dude, they want to get to the SB and McNabb seems incapable of doing that.
      McNabb got his team to the Super Bowl. One team wins and one team loses. Elway lost three long before he won two. It's very far fetched to say that McNabb is incapable of getting his team to the Super Bowl or winning it. It takes more than a quarterback to win. If McNabb and the Eagles had five cracks at the Super Bowl they would probably win at least one of them.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

The original post here is just silly.

The Broncos have finished each of the last 2 seasons at 8-8. They've disappointed down the stretch and they've done it with Jay Cutler and then Kyle Orton at QB.

All of last off-season was spent dealing with our QB situation. We made a move THIS off-season to get another QB.

Why would the Broncos continue to screw around with that position? We're more than a QB away from being a contender. This is all BS conjured up by the Eagles to simulate an actual demand.

The first step was making it sound like the rams would give up #33 AND a starting DB. They weren't. They never were. But this makes other teams think there's interest in a player, when there simply isn't.

McNabb ain't coming to Denver...so why keep making posts about it??

And before you chime in with stats and all that other stuff...this post has nothing to do with McNabb's production or lack thereof. I couldn't possibly care any less about that.

What I care about is that the Broncos work to fill EVERY hole on the team...not just keeping trying to fill the same hole.

Jim

Comment

Mcdaniels stated they we plan to win now and we are not rebuilding!!! Well Mcnabb helps us win now!!! He would be great to have Quinn learn from. Orton is the king of 3 and out and with Denver he should be 1 season and out! Go get McNabb!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeCrushinMi View Post
            How come McNabb isn't whining about being involved in trade talks? Does he feel that he can never trust Reid again after all this?

Just a hunch but maybe cause Reid is being open and up front about it and not lying, sneaky and under-handed!

Comment

Originally posted by Buenacolt11 View Post
              First, Im not the biggest McNabb fan of all time but to say you wouldnt rather have him than Kyle Orton or Brady Quinn is simply absurd.
              Been to the Pro Bowl 6 times, 2004 NFC Offensive Player of the Year, 87 career passer rating, career 60% completion percentage. He may not be a top 5 QB but over the course of his career he has taken his team to what, what, 4 NFC championships and a SB? a 9-6 playoff record!!! And done it with the likes of Freddie Mitchell, Hank Baskett, Reggie Brown, Kevin Curtis. Only legit threat they had was TO (before Jackson) and look what he did.
              McNabb throws a great deep ball. He can be spotty with his accuracy at time but overall he is better than 70% of the QB's in teh NFL.

I hear lots of blind homerisms in here but youve gone way over the edge with this "I'd rather have Orton than McNabb" stuff.
              It's not homerism, I just like Orton more than McNabb, it's my opinion. Is Orton as flashy a QB as McNabb? No, but I would just prefer to have Orton & Quinn (who I think has great potential but just got a bad gig in Cleveland) over McNabb, who is at best a 2 year solution :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                McNabb got his team to the Super Bowl. One team wins and one team loses. Elway lost three long before he won two. It's very far fetched to say that McNabb is incapable of getting his team to the Super Bowl or winning it. It takes more than a quarterback to win. If McNabb and the Eagles had five cracks at the Super Bowl they would probably win at least one of them.
                I forgot the Eagles have been to one, but I just don't know if he can get back there, and I think the Eagles organization feels the same way. McNabb is a good QB sure, and he may be a more flashy QB than Orton but I just like the QB situation we got here now. Plus I can't see McDaniels going after him and having 4 QBs on the roster after he just went and got Quinn, so I can't see us in the market for him anyway :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by vannestjc View Post
                  The original post here is just silly.

The Broncos have finished each of the last 2 seasons at 8-8. They've disappointed down the stretch and they've done it with Jay Cutler and then Kyle Orton at QB.

All of last off-season was spent dealing with our QB situation. We made a move THIS off-season to get another QB.

Why would the Broncos continue to screw around with that position? We're more than a QB away from being a contender. This is all BS conjured up by the Eagles to simulate an actual demand.

The first step was making it sound like the rams would give up #33 AND a starting DB. They weren't. They never were. But this makes other teams think there's interest in a player, when there simply isn't.

McNabb ain't coming to Denver...so why keep making posts about it??

And before you chime in with stats and all that other stuff...this post has nothing to do with McNabb's production or lack thereof. I couldn't possibly care any less about that.

What I care about is that the Broncos work to fill EVERY hole on the team...not just keeping trying to fill the same hole.

Jim

This is a really good post, because it is true. I will admit even I was in awe of our QB Jay Cutler when we had him, I bought his jersey, had a T-shirt and would love to sit down each sunday with a can of Orange Crush to watch my favorite sport in the whole world.....

HOWEVER.......

Everyone (even I will admit) complained and whined about Orton when we gave up JC for him. So many of us thought the team would blow to helll

Well ladies and Gents, Cutler never got us better than 8-8
                  Orton also got us to 8-8

As I have been trying to say all along A ALONE QB DOESNT MAKE THE ENTIRE TEAM. It does not matter who is at the helm next year, whether it be KO, BQ, McNabb, or hell even Cutler again.... we will still get the same results

Comment

Originally posted by KnockoutOrton8 View Post
                    I forgot the Eagles have been to one, but I just don't know if he can get back there, and I think the Eagles organization feels the same way. McNabb is a good QB sure, and he may be a more flashy QB than Orton but I just like the QB situation we got here now. Plus I can't see McDaniels going after him and having 4 QBs on the roster after he just went and got Quinn, so I can't see us in the market for him anyway :salute!:
                    Do keep in mind too, Orton does not call the plays. If he passed like he did in the Redskins game EVERY time he steps foot on the field I'm sure, almost positive that he would get the Tony Romo type publicity.

Comment

McNabb for a 2nd round pick? McD should be all over this. I dunno why some people think that McNabb is a choke artist. He never had much offensive talent around him, yet he was still successful and IMO would give us a better chance of winning games late that Orton would. I just think this is something that Denver shouldn't pass on especially since we already have no long term answer at the position, so what could it hurt? If we are trying to win now then getting McNabb would definitely better our chances of that.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
                        Just a hunch but maybe cause Reid is being open and up front about it and not lying, sneaky and under-handed!
                        So is McDaniels doing that to Orton then?

Comment

I dont think that Mcnabb is a spread system qb sure he has a big arm but his skills sets screams Mike Shananhan west coast offensive system, not McDaniels spread system.

Comment

I think there are better fits for McNabb than Denver, and that Philly will have better trade partners than Denver as well.

I just don't see this trade as being the best option for either team, and really don't see it happening. Stranger things have happened though.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeCrushinMi View Post
                              So is McDaniels doing that to Orton then?

I don't know is he? I could care less about how that BUM is or is not being treated!!!

Orton should just be happy to have an NFL job (which he is and why he'll stay 'hush')...he knows nobody would really come calling for him other than a coach that screwed things up to begin with!
                              Last edited by Mel B.; 03-26-2010, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
                                Or maybe it's because McNabb is a grown up. Maybe it's because he's not a whiny little girl. Maybe it's because he realizes that pro football is a business, and that it's run like a business, and that may not always be to his liking. And because he's a professional, he acts like a professional.

Of course I could be wrong. I'm not. But I could be.

By the way, how pissed is Chicago right now? They sent two firsts and a third to Denver for Whiny McThrowsteammatesunderthebus when they could have sent the #42 -- originally theirs -- to Philly for McNabb, who is a chicago guy and has actually proven himself to be something more than "just" a strong arm.
                                In Manning I trust.

Comment

Working...
                                X