X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JakeNbake
    replied
    Originally posted by broncozone View Post
    Our system so far has been checkdowns and running plays and that qualifies Orton to be better Qb than a Qb who has proven all his years in this league.

Well then we disagree.
    Our System was such because the players were still learning the basics, this year they'll be able to do more. Which is why bringing in a QB who doesn't know this only sets us back another year.

Leave a comment:

• mystic
    replied
    Our system so far has been checkdowns and running plays and that qualifies Orton to be better Qb than a Qb who has proven all his years in this league.

Well then we disagree.
    As memory serves, McNabb was always great with the checkdown. That's why Westbrook was getting 600-700 receiving yards constantly. His manuevrability always bought him some time to find the checkdown breaking backs.

Didn't Celek torch the Broncos on a checkdown as well?

McNabb can checkdown just as good as Orton. The difference is McNabb can do it all. And teams are less inclined to stick with checkdown fodder, when McNabb can make the chains really move. McNabb can do anything Orton can do... BETTER.

Look, it's only been recently that the Eagles developed this extreme downfield approach. They used to be much more conservative. But some people have short memories.

Speaking of Philadelphias recent downfield assault. How much does that look like the McDaniels led Patriots offense? I am guessing McDaniels likes his Patriot style offense.... rather than his checkdown Bronco offense.

Leave a comment:

• broncozone
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
    No, I don't agree about not liking his face. Infact I like his face better than Ortons, but faces don't make QB's. Contrary to popular beliefe.

He may be a better QB in the West Coast Offense but that doesn't mean he's a better QB is our "spread" offense.

Well then we disagree.

Leave a comment:

• mystic
    replied
    No, I don't agree about not liking his face. Infact I like his face better than Ortons, but faces don't make QB's. Contrary to popular beliefe.

He may be a better QB in the West Coast Offense but that doesn't mean he's a better QB is our "spread" offense.
    Poppycock.

McNabb not better in this offense? How ridiculous. McNabb has all the tools. There is not 1 thing Orton does better. There really isn't. OK, Orton's got age and an inch or two on him. Everything else is McNabb!

I don't think for one minute people would be wondering the same things about McNabb's counterparts. No way in the world would question Romo, Rodgers, Schaub, Roethisberger, Schaub, Manning, Rivers, or Brees. Sorry, I don't think anybody will complain about their ability to grasp the offense (AND ONE OF THEM APPEARENTLY DOESN'T HAVE A BRAIN!). And I have seen a lot of names discussed, mostly draft players. But only one seems to be suspected of not grasping the offense. Really people?

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    So you mean you agree what I said is that system thing is absolute crap but you just don't like his face and you don't want him even though he is good.

You are entitled to your opinion but you can't discard facts that he is better QB on our roster than anyone we have currently.

Leave a comment:

• Tombstone RJ
    replied
    After Favre retires, Minny should bring in McNabb. In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if Minny doesn't make a bid for McNabb now. Sure, the Iggles probably want McNabb out of the NFC, but still, it'd make a lot of sense to bring McNabb in and play behind Favre, if Favre comes back.

Can you imagine how great the Vikes would be if they had Favre and McNabb? McNabb could be the #2 and if Favre goes down, well, yah, bring in Donovan.

This would in essence assure that Favre would not be coming back after 2010. NcNabb could step in immediately and the Vikes would be ligit SB contenders.

Leave a comment:

• broncozone
    replied
    Don't worry we'll never get him
    So you mean you agree what I said is that system thing is absolute crap but you just don't like his face and you don't want him even though he is good.

You are entitled to your opinion but you can't discard facts that he is better QB on our roster than anyone we have currently.

Leave a comment:

• mystic
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    It was rumored in Oakland, that Asante Samuels would get traded with McNabb.I would love to see Asante Samuels and Champ Bailey together,it would be the best CB tamdem in the NFL.

I would take McNabb,Brady Quinn,and Brandstater as QBs for Denver.
    That's interesting.

I know people hate reading it. But I would trade Dumervil for those two. I don't expect Denver to pay Dumervil the Peppers type money he deserves. Dumervil's price tag is probably bigger than McNabbs. Dumervil is worth 13.5 million per year! And then you have the situation where McDaniels didn't like Nolan blitzing so much. So you'll have Dumervil doing less of what he's good at and more of what he's not. Not that I want this to happen. Just I don't see it working out and would rather get compensation, than rent him for one year and lose him.

Samuel excelling in New Englands defense for all those years sure makes hi mattractive.

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    Originally posted by tombstone rj View Post
    fact is, you don't have a clue as to what your talking about. Your completely making this stuff up.

Unless your in the meeting rooms and locker room with the players and orton and with mcd and his staff and can verify all of your above opinions, your just talking out your ear

try not to wonder off into fantasy land too much, esp. If you have a problem distinguishing reality from fantasy...
    qft...........

Leave a comment:

• Buenacolt11
    replied
    So, Ive read this whole thread, and here’s my thing with this subject and with someone like McDaniels in general. In essence, it’s the problem I've had with him since he became the coach. The objective is to make your team better. Generally that means more talented players. McNabb is a more talented athlete, QB and football player than Orton. Brady Quinn is probably a more talented athlete to be honest. The system argument doesn’t hold much water with me to be honest. A good athlete will learn and thrive in any system he’s in if he is coached properly. All these guys played in different “systems” in high school, then went on to a college where they had to adapt and learn a new one and then where drafted into the NFL where the learning curve was even more steep.
    I get a “long term” view versus a short term fix, and McNabb would probably be three years at most but in those three years you can build around him AND his eventual successor.
    In the end, if you have a chance to get a quality player relatively cheap, you make it happen. A lot of people had heart ache over the whole Favre episode last year but there aint a snow balls chance in the hot place that Minny is playing in a playoff game last year with T Jack or Sagey baby much less the NFC championship. Childress knew what his team needed and he got it and the move paid off.

Leave a comment:

• Tombstone RJ
    replied
    Originally posted by mystic View Post
    Because McNabb is a MAN.

And that's one of the biggest reasons why McDaniels wants him in Denver. Like Dawkins, he wants McNabbs ethic and character to rub off on youngsters. Orton's a good guy too, but nobody looks up to Orton. Orton lacks that certain je ne sais quoi. Maybe he's just too Iowa. Wish him well.
    Fact is, you don't have a clue as to what your talking about. Your completely making this stuff up.

Unless your in the meeting rooms and locker room with the players and Orton and with McD and his staff and can verify all of your above opinions, your just talking out your ear

Try not to wonder off into fantasy land too much, esp. if you have a problem distinguishing reality from fantasy...

Leave a comment:

• broncozone
    replied
    Originally posted by crash123go View Post
    he doesnt throw short passes very well, he isnt very accurate with the ball. and you dont understand the system thing Huh????? oh you must not know alot about football cause it takes 3 years of hard work for a QB to learn a offensive system and last I checked orton has a year on mcnabb in this system and and from what mcdaniels said about quinn knowing 80% of what we do I wouldnt be so sure mcnabb could beat quinn out IN THIS SYSTEM. in the west coast he would beat them out but not in the spread
    who said he doesn't throw short passes very well. Just think for a moment.
    Throwing short passes is now common in this league and every qb I know does it.

Brady Quinn played longer than Orton in this system so you say we should start Quinn over Orton. McD himself said that Orton will be starter.

Kyle Orton is checkdown machine. Heck who doesn't want him to throw deep.
    This whole thing was exposed after week 6 and we were on losing streak.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSexyDaddy
    replied
    It was rumored in Oakland, that Asante Samuels would get traded with McNabb.I would love to see Asante Samuels and Champ Bailey together,it would be the best CB tamdem in the NFL.

I would take McNabb,Brady Quinn,and Brandstater as QBs for Denver.
    Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 03-26-2010, 02:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mystic
    replied
    Originally posted by OrangeCrushinMi View Post
    How come McNabb isn't whining about being involved in trade talks? Does he feel that he can never trust Reid again after all this?
    Because McNabb is a MAN.

And that's one of the biggest reasons why McDaniels wants him in Denver. Like Dawkins, he wants McNabbs ethic and character to rub off on youngsters. Orton's a good guy too, but nobody looks up to Orton. Orton lacks that certain je ne sais quoi. Maybe he's just too Iowa. Wish him well.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosTX77
    replied
    You think Brady could even Fathom what Manning does for the Colts? I don't think he has that kind of brain power.

Systems help make good QB's Great.
    Inorite?

Ask Tim Tebow, he'll tell ya all about it~

Leave a comment:

Working...
X