X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JakeNbake
    replied
    Originally posted by B Real 15 View Post
    sounds more to me like u need to get over it. I think any good QB can fit any system and the system would tend to the QBs strengths kinda like our system did for KO this year. I just feel that we would be a better offense and definitely a more threat passing down the field on offense.
    You think Brady could even Fathom what Manning does for the Colts? I don't think he has that kind of brain power.

Systems help make good QB's Great.

Leave a comment:

• Tombstone RJ
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    ... not individual players, win or lose games; go to the playoffs and succeed or "choke" in them.

"Systems" are playbooks, O & D & ST. Football players learn them under the tutelege of their position coach, coordinator and HC at practice, in meetings and in the film room. It isn't magic or rocket science.

Donovan McNabb would be an upgrade over any of the current Denver QBs because of his experience, mobility and production. He has years of playing time left.

It does seem as if the Eagles were reaching out to the Broncos with the number of draft choice below which they will not go.

It's up to the Broncos' FO and coaches. McNabb wants an extension. He isn't interested in Oakland or Buffalo. Arizona will probably get him because Warner has retired.

If the Broncos want Donovan McNabb and are satisfied with his "value", then they should move expeditiously.

Acquisition of McNabb could spell the expendability of Orton.
    I seriously doubt McD has any interest in McNabb. McD thinks he can work with Orton and this will be Orton's second year in McD's spread offense. He also thinks Quinn has potential and Quinn is familiar with McD's spread offense. These two reasons alone preclude McD bringing in McNabb.

I agree that McNabb is a very good QB. I've been a fan of his for a long time and can you imagine how many games the Broncos could have won with a Shanny/McNabb combination? I think that would be a match made in heaven.

That being said, Shanny is gone and so is his offense.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Football teams, ...

... not individual players, win or lose games; go to the playoffs and succeed or "choke" in them.

"Systems" are playbooks, O & D & ST. Football players learn them under the tutelege of their position coach, coordinator and HC at practice, in meetings and in the film room. It isn't magic or rocket science.

Donovan McNabb would be an upgrade over any of the current Denver QBs because of his experience, mobility and production. He has years of playing time left.

It does seem as if the Eagles were reaching out to the Broncos with the number of draft choice below which they will not go.

It's up to the Broncos' FO and coaches. McNabb wants an extension. He isn't interested in Oakland or Buffalo. Arizona will probably get him because Warner has retired.

If the Broncos want Donovan McNabb and are satisfied with his "value", then they should move expeditiously.

Acquisition of McNabb could spell the expendability of Orton.

Leave a comment:

• BlueOrange7
    replied
    Donovan McNabb is indeed a very talented QB, in this league, in the system he’s been in and probably any offense philosophy he gets thrown into. With that being said, I do not think he is a good choice for McDaniel’s to go after, even with just a second round pick for a QB that’s probably one of the top 5 in the past decade at his position. Denver has needs that need to be addressed at other positions if they want to contend for a SB. Going after a debatable hall of fame QB does not pave the road to an AFC ring. Orton is only in his second year in the offense and is coming off of a pretty good rookie season with McDaniels. Not saying that Orton is more talented than McNabb but I do believe that Orton can take the Broncos deep into the playoffs if we address our interior lineman/backers and decide whether Marshall is going to stay or not (don’t fix something if it isn’t broke). Our QB situation may not be as solid as others in the league but it is stable enough to win games and get us in the playoffs, after that is said, we will really see what Orton is made of. Until Orton does poorly, I am a fan of his work.

Leave a comment:

• crash123go
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
    We sure did look fine that game without Marshall, I mean Derrick Johnson scampered for 2 45 yard+ TD's. Can't beat that production, um, errr wait, Derrick Johnson? oops nm he plays for the Chiefs right?

I do agree the passing game won't miss Brandon Marshall, we got Holy Stokley for miracles and Orton showed he can lock onto 1 of the other receivers the whole game to give em 200+ yards and 15+ receptions if need be.
    so what your saying is the production was there without brandon marshall hmm. maybe thats why we got a much more talented QB in brady quinn.

Leave a comment:

• crash123go
    replied
    sounds more to me like u need to get over it. I think any good QB can fit any system and the system would tend to the QBs strengths kinda like our system did for KO this year. I just feel that we would be a better offense and definitely a more threat passing down the field on offense.
    whatever man you got a hardone for mcnabb and im glad your not running this team cause we would be like the raiders version 2 just worse.

Leave a comment:

• NDBroncosFan
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
    I've seen a MLB team get rid of its most talented players, and become World Champions. Twice. Does that count?

:salute!:
    Maybe, I don't watch MLB. So, I don't even have an Opinon on that.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosTX77
    replied
    Originally posted by crash123go View Post
    I think that we looked just fine without marshall you know orton threw for 430 yards in that game without marshall and royal. if the defense couldve stopped something we might of won that game. besides we got big play ability in brandon loyd
    We sure did look fine that game without Marshall, I mean Derrick Johnson scampered for 2 45 yard+ TD's. Can't beat that production, um, errr wait, Derrick Johnson? oops nm he plays for the Chiefs right?

I do agree the passing game won't miss Brandon Marshall, we got Holy Stokley for miracles and Orton showed he can lock onto 1 of the other receivers the whole game to give em 200+ yards and 15+ receptions if need be.

Leave a comment:

• B Real 15
    replied
    Originally posted by NDBroncosFan View Post
    If Kyle would not have thrown the ball to wrong team, I think we might have won!

Why do you use that game, IMO that was Kyles worst game.
    I agree..........good post.

Leave a comment:

• crash123go
    replied
    If Kyle would not have thrown the ball to wrong team, I think we might have won!

except for the fact he threw for 430 yards and he had 1 just 1 bad pass and the other int. was a good play by derrick johnson he came out of the blitz and jumped into the throwing lane.

Leave a comment:

• B Real 15
    replied
    stop thinking this is madden you cant just plug a player in and succeed this is the real world where real players have a real set of skills and mcnabbs dont fit our system ok just get over it.

Leave a comment:

• NDBroncosFan
    replied
    I think that we looked just fine without marshall you know orton threw for 430 yards in that game without marshall and royal. if the defense couldve stopped something we might of won that game. besides we got big play ability in brandon loyd

Leave a comment:

• crash123go
    replied
    I know what u are saying and either u aren't comprehending or u just don't like my answer because its different than yours. I dont think McNabb is a step back, IMO he is better than any QB on our roster regardless of system. And I wouldn't have called u childish if u weren't being it. Just because I feel like we should throw a 2nd round pick out there for McNabb means I am on his jock now lol? Its laughable but I guess perception is everything right?
    stop thinking this is madden you cant just plug a player in and succeed this is the real world where real players have a real set of skills and mcnabbs dont fit our system ok just get over it.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosTX77
    replied
    B Real, If we get rid of Marshall...I don't think it will matter anyway.
    I have yet to see a team get rid of its most talented players, and become a Super Bowl contender!
    I've seen a MLB team get rid of its most talented players, and become World Champions. Twice. Does that count?

:salute!:

Leave a comment:

• BroncosTX77
    replied
    I told him to agree to disagree but I guess no1 else can have an opinion on this subject.
    Funny, sounds alot like my wife~

Leave a comment:

Working...
X