X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BuffsBroncos
    replied
    Originally posted by mystic View Post
    Consider that Denver was at the forefront of the McNabb rumors. Long ago Denver and McNabb rumors were swirling.

Now that McNabb is guaranteed to be traded, Philly is saying they require a top 42 pick. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5028997

How odd, just the top 42 picks. So let's look at who has the 42, 43, 44, and 45 pick? Bucs, Fins, and Patriots all have no interest in QB. Why even include the Bucs in Philly's statement? And why cut it off right there, such an odd number 42. I wonder whether this suggestion is directed at Denver with the 45 pick.
    Wayyy over thinking this one.

Maybe - and I know, CRAZY - "42" represents a first round pick or a top-10 2nd round pick... 32 +10 = 42... WHOA!

I find it funny to think of Andy Reid and whoever the GM is sitting down to scheme on how best to force a deliberately targeted team to give up exactly what they want in return for an aging QB.

Perhaps the Eagles just want good value for a good player they are ready to move on from? Crazy thought I know...

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    Originally posted by broncozone View Post
    This whole system thing is absolute crap. I think McNabb will be more successful in spread offense because of his mobility than WCO.

Don't worry once we start winning games you will start liking him.
    Don't worry we'll never get him

Leave a comment:

• JerseyAdam
    replied
    Please..NO. I've watched tooo many Eagles games..and while McNabb is a better then avg. QB have some great moments, he is on the downside of his stay in the NFL and CHOKES come crunch time. He would be like a two year "fix".

Get on the Quinn wagon, because he's the wildcard. If McD can turn him into what I think is POSSIBLE we have our starting QB for the next 5-7 years. A lot of "if's" though..

Leave a comment:

• broncozone
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
    I'd take Orton all day over McNabb, ALL DAY. McNabb doesn't know our system, and isn't the type of QB to run our O.

I'm not saying McNabb isn't a good QB or isn't better than Orton, just that he's not the type of player for us.

Plus I don't want him.
    This whole system thing is absolute crap. I think McNabb will be more successful in spread offense because of his mobility than WCO.

Don't worry once we start winning games you will start liking him.

Leave a comment:

• DBfan_916
    replied
    Last i checked we dont have a Pro Bowl Qb on our roster or any Qb thats been to the playoffs so i'd say lets do this trade! Orton is TRASH!!!and who knows about Quinn.. McNabb has played with sub par talent for the most part of his career and has excelled and was a healthy T.O. away from a Super Bowl win...Oh! and we still might trade Marshall for a first rounder so you know what that might mean!!!!

McNabb to T.O. once again!!!

haha jk but that would be nice though!

Lets just hope McNabb doesnt go to Oakland...I actually think he can turn things around for them...

Leave a comment:

• Kilroy
    replied
    if all it takes is a second rounder i would have to consider it. Sorry KO

I like McNAbb, have always liked McNabb, nothing anyone here can post will change my mind. 216 TD's to 100 Int's, constant playoff presence, and gifted athlete, that's all i need to know.

3rd and twenty what?!?! Srry Had to was a very angry Bronco fan that day.

Leave a comment:

• Mel B.
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
    Or maybe it's because McNabb is a grown up. Maybe it's because he's not a whiny little girl. Maybe it's because he realizes that pro football is a business, and that it's run like a business, and that may not always be to his liking. And because he's a professional, he acts like a professional.

Of course I could be wrong. I'm not. But I could be.

By the way, how pissed is Chicago right now? They sent two firsts and a third to Denver for Whiny McThrowsteammatesunderthebus when they could have sent the #42 -- originally theirs -- to Philly for McNabb, who is a chicago guy and has actually proven himself to be something more than "just" a strong arm.

Feel better?

Now my truthful sarcasm aside...I totally agree with you!!!

And in all honesty McNabb has acted beyond grown up and professional considering how he's always poorly treated by the Philly media & fans.

Hell at this point he has every right to be un-professional (whine) if he chose to!

Leave a comment:

• raziel
    replied
    With all your damn posts about Mcnabb, I have two theories.

One: You are Donovan McNabb himself and just want to come to Denver.

Two: You're just a 10 year old Philly fan. Shut up with McNabb, please. If he comes, he comes, nothing we can do about it, shut up

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    Originally posted by broncozone View Post
    We don't know yet how this Orton experiment will turn out and there is difference of opinion. My personal opinion is we should get McNabb rather than wait and see approach.

McNabb has played really well even with subpar offensive line and lack of great receivers and made plays with his legs in a very tough NFC east division.
    I'd take Orton all day over McNabb, ALL DAY. McNabb doesn't know our system, and isn't the type of QB to run our O.

I'm not saying McNabb isn't a good QB or isn't better than Orton, just that he's not the type of player for us.

Plus I don't want him.

Leave a comment:

• CTM
    replied
    McNabb will be a Buffalo Bill.

The Bills can deal their 2nd rounder to Phi, and could sweeten the pot by adding either Donte Whitner, who has underachieved but is still a quality safety, or Aaron Schoebel who is getting up there in years but could still be useful for Philly as a pass rush threat opposite Trent Cole.

Leave a comment:

• broncozone
    replied
    Originally posted by mystic View Post
    Consider that Denver was at the forefront of the McNabb rumors. Long ago Denver and McNabb rumors were swirling.

Now that McNabb is guaranteed to be traded, Philly is saying they require a top 42 pick. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5028997

How odd, just the top 42 picks. So let's look at who has the 42, 43, 44, and 45 pick? Bucs, Fins, and Patriots all have no interest in QB. Why even include the Bucs in Philly's statement? And why cut it off right there, such an odd number 42. I wonder whether this suggestion is directed at Denver with the 45 pick.

Let's face facts. Philly is not sending McNabb to an NFC team if they can help it. Furthermore, McNabb will make it impossible to trade him to a dog like Buffalo or STL. So there's really only one team for McNabb. And that's Denver. But McDaniels has been sent a message. McDaniels seems to think everything in the world is going to go his way. Though he has done pretty well in these trades. But he's a fool if he thinks he has Philly backed into a corner. They won't hesitate to send McNabb elsewhere if McDaniels plays games and does not offer the requested compensation... a reasonable price tag (45th pick).

Well Denver, I hope you have McNabb shortly... to compensate for life without Marshall.
    We don't know yet how this Orton experiment will turn out and there is difference of opinion. My personal opinion is we should get McNabb rather than wait and see approach.

McNabb has played really well even with subpar offensive line and lack of great receivers and made plays with his legs in a very tough NFC east division.

Leave a comment:

• elway 1987
    replied
    To the OP nowhere in that article does it say Denver is interested in McNabb. The only teams listed that have the most interest in him are Oakland, St. Louis, and Buffalo. Oakland has the 8th and 39th picks. St. Louis has the 1st and 33rd picks. Buffalo has the 9th and 41st picks.

McNabb himself said he wants to go to Minnesota (who has the 30th pick in the draft). Minnesota's interest in McNabb is depending on whether or not Favre decides to come back.

Also McNabb is 33 and has been in the league for 12 years so no he would not be a long term solution.

Leave a comment:

• broncolassiter
    replied
    There is only ONE scenario that would land McNab in Denver! That is if some one bit on Orton and offered us more than we could turn down. Short of that, McNab will NOT be coming to Denver.

You guy's need to get over your dislike for Orton! Orton did very well for a QB in his FIRST year in a new system and a new team. I do not believe any QB could have come in and out preformed Orton in the same situation.
    Season G S ATT CMP CMP% YDS YPA TD INT LG S/YDS RTG
    2009 16 15 541 336 62.1 3802 7.0 21 12 87 29/159 86.8

Now what in those numbers show you that Orton is not a good QB?
    Im not saying that he is our future, but let's give the guy a chance.
    Last edited by broncolassiter; 03-26-2010, 09:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• crash123go
    replied
    this is a dumb post, WE ARE NOT GOING TO TRADE FOR MCNABB, hes to old and he probably couldn't beat orton OR quinn out for the starting job sense both of them know the system pretty good and he hasnt played in anything but a west coast system his entire carrier. what makes anyone think he could even work mcdaniels offense

Leave a comment:

• Tombstone RJ
    replied
    Originally posted by TheRealMoose View Post
    Or maybe it's because McNabb is a grown up. Maybe it's because he's not a whiny little girl. Maybe it's because he realizes that pro football is a business, and that it's run like a business, and that may not always be to his liking. And because he's a professional, he acts like a professional.

Of course I could be wrong. I'm not. But I could be.

By the way, how pissed is Chicago right now? They sent two firsts and a third to Denver for Whiny McThrowsteammatesunderthebus when they could have sent the #42 -- originally theirs -- to Philly for McNabb, who is a chicago guy and has actually proven himself to be something more than "just" a strong arm.
    Oh the irony.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X