Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kra88yPa77y
    replied
    i have no feelings on Mcnabb coming here, tho that certainly stops Quinn from starting. However your post makes no sense at all. it was very Glenn Beckish-throw a bunch of words together and maybe in the end itll have a point.

Leave a comment:

• Denver Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by mystic View Post
    Consider that Denver was at the forefront of the McNabb rumors. Long ago Denver and McNabb rumors were swirling.

Now that McNabb is guaranteed to be traded, Philly is saying they require a top 42 pick. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5028997

How odd, just the top 42 picks. So let's look at who has the 42, 43, 44, and 45 pick? Bucs, Fins, and Patriots all have no interest in QB. Why even include the Bucs in Philly's statement? And why cut it off right there, such an odd number 42. I wonder whether this suggestion is directed at Denver with the 45 pick.

Let's face facts. Philly is not sending McNabb to an NFC team if they can help it. Furthermore, McNabb will make it impossible to trade him to a dog like Buffalo or STL. So there's really only one team for McNabb. And that's Denver. But McDaniels has been sent a message. McDaniels seems to think everything in the world is going to go his way. Though he has done pretty well in these trades. But he's a fool if he thinks he has Philly backed into a corner. They won't hesitate to send McNabb elsewhere if McDaniels plays games and does not offer the requested compensation... a reasonable price tag (45th pick).

Well Denver, I hope you have McNabb shortly... to compensate for life without Marshall.

Dude you're at it again?!?! Can we make a compromise and just agree? McNabb is a good quarterback, yes. He still has some good years in him, yes. Is he the answer?, No. Hall of Famer?, No.

McNabb is a great QB
    But not the right QB

Leave a comment:

• Buenacolt11
    replied
    Originally posted by KnockoutOrton8 View Post
    That's why, playoffs nearly every year with no payoff. I'll be one to admit that I enjoy watching McNabb play in the regular season and when he's good he's good, but he chokes in the playoffs. That's why Philly fans are done with this dude, they want to get to the SB and McNabb seems incapable of doing that.
    Just wondering but did you, as a Bronco fan, use this same rationale with John Elway?

Lets see... playoffs, championship games... no playoffs... tough choice.

Leave a comment:

• OrangeCrushinMi
    replied
    How come McNabb isn't whining about being involved in trade talks? Does he feel that he can never trust Reid again after all this?

Leave a comment:

• Buenacolt11
    replied
    Originally posted by KnockoutOrton8 View Post
    I don't really want McNabb here, i'm perfectly content with Orton & Quinn as our two main QBs. Plus with McNabb's tendency to choke in the playoffs he's not a long term or short term solution for us, let some other team cough up a 2nd round pick for him, I just hope it's not us :salute!:
    First, Im not the biggest McNabb fan of all time but to say you wouldnt rather have him than Kyle Orton or Brady Quinn is simply absurd.
    Been to the Pro Bowl 6 times, 2004 NFC Offensive Player of the Year, 87 career passer rating, career 60% completion percentage. He may not be a top 5 QB but over the course of his career he has taken his team to what, what, 4 NFC championships and a SB? a 9-6 playoff record!!! And done it with the likes of Freddie Mitchell, Hank Baskett, Reggie Brown, Kevin Curtis. Only legit threat they had was TO (before Jackson) and look what he did.
    McNabb throws a great deep ball. He can be spotty with his accuracy at time but overall he is better than 70% of the QB's in teh NFL.

I hear lots of blind homerisms in here but youve gone way over the edge with this "I'd rather have Orton than McNabb" stuff.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    I don't think there is any interest in McNabb by the Broncos now that they have Orton for the short term and Quinn for the long term, with still the possibility of drafting a quarterback within the first three rounds.

Leave a comment:

• gcver2ver3
    replied
    the Broncos aren't in the market for Mcnabb...

Leave a comment:

• TheBroncoEra
    replied
    Originally posted by mystic View Post
    Considering that Denver already has been knockin on Philly's door about McNabb.... I'm going to assume the coach knows his offense... and can figure out McNabb would do well in the offense.

This is beyond ridiculous folks. Now McNabb is a product of the system? He can't learn a new offense either? Sad.

The guy is a 6 time probowler. He is a big win away from the HOF. He has his team in the playoffs nearly every year. And some people want to avoid him like the plague. Why? Because the reasons I have seen make NO SENSE.
    That's why, playoffs nearly every year with no payoff. I'll be one to admit that I enjoy watching McNabb play in the regular season and when he's good he's good, but he chokes in the playoffs. That's why Philly fans are done with this dude, they want to get to the SB and McNabb seems incapable of doing that.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosTX77
    replied
    I been saying since the night Eagles lost to Cowboys in playoffs Denver should go after McNabb and all it should cost is a 2nd round pick. 2+ months later here we are.

I'm all for McNabb, but I feel it really is too late. McDaniels got the QB he tried to get last year for a blue light discount this year.

OTOH if McDaniels pulls trigger for McNabb, I won't be disappointed, that means he has a plan, and he has yet to disappoint so far with his well laid offseason plans.

Leave a comment:

• mystic
    replied
    Originally posted by Bahshay View Post
    Please god no.

I want a QB upgrade, but this guy isn't it. Hes a good QB for the Eagles, but so were Jeff Garcia and AJ Feeley. The system they run there is very friendly to QBs. They run screens to WRs and RBs and throw long bombs to open up the field for more screens. McNabb is a solid fit for that. However, he struggles with accuracy on slants, timing patterns, etc. While he is better than Orton overall, for OUR offense he will not be any better.
    Considering that Denver already has been knockin on Philly's door about McNabb.... I'm going to assume the coach knows his offense... and can figure out McNabb would do well in the offense.

This is beyond ridiculous folks. Now McNabb is a product of the system? He can't learn a new offense either? Sad.

The guy is a 6 time probowler. He is a big win away from the HOF. He has his team in the playoffs nearly every year. And some people want to avoid him like the plague. Why? Because the reasons I have seen make NO SENSE.

Leave a comment:

• mystic
    replied
    Originally posted by soloking View Post
    So do I, let's send them the 45th pick and they can have Orton as a backup! Finally we can have a real QB!
    I don't buy into the notion Philly considers the 42 and 45 pick fundamentally different. I assume that to be wake up call to Denver to get this done NOW. McNabb has got be pissed by now. All he asked for was the trade was done quickly. If Philly really requires something added to the deal... give them some scrub. But I don't buy it. However I wouldn't play games at this point if I am McDaniels. Philly would surely get better compensation for other teams... but McNabb would be happy in Denver/Denver is an AFC team. They will try to please McNabb and keep him out of the NFC.

Philly doesn't want Orton... they are trying to purge their QB logjam.

Orton would get traded if McNabb is brought in. STL?

Leave a comment:

• Bahshay
    replied
    Please god no.

I want a QB upgrade, but this guy isn't it. Hes a good QB for the Eagles, but so were Jeff Garcia and AJ Feeley. The system they run there is very friendly to QBs. They run screens to WRs and RBs and throw long bombs to open up the field for more screens. McNabb is a solid fit for that. However, he struggles with accuracy on slants, timing patterns, etc. While he is better than Orton overall, for OUR offense he will not be any better.

Leave a comment:

• TheBroncoEra
    replied
    I don't really want McNabb here, i'm perfectly content with Orton & Quinn as our two main QBs. Plus with McNabb's tendency to choke in the playoffs he's not a long term or short term solution for us, let some other team cough up a 2nd round pick for him, I just hope it's not us :salute!:

Leave a comment:

• soloking
    replied
    So do I, let's send them the 45th pick and they can have Orton as a backup! Finally we can have a real QB!

Leave a comment:

• mystic
    started a topic Philly sends Denver a message?

Philly sends Denver a message?

Consider that Denver was at the forefront of the McNabb rumors. Long ago Denver and McNabb rumors were swirling.

Now that McNabb is guaranteed to be traded, Philly is saying they require a top 42 pick. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5028997

How odd, just the top 42 picks. So let's look at who has the 42, 43, 44, and 45 pick? Bucs, Fins, and Patriots all have no interest in QB. Why even include the Bucs in Philly's statement? And why cut it off right there, such an odd number 42. I wonder whether this suggestion is directed at Denver with the 45 pick.

Let's face facts. Philly is not sending McNabb to an NFC team if they can help it. Furthermore, McNabb will make it impossible to trade him to a dog like Buffalo or STL. So there's really only one team for McNabb. And that's Denver. But McDaniels has been sent a message. McDaniels seems to think everything in the world is going to go his way. Though he has done pretty well in these trades. But he's a fool if he thinks he has Philly backed into a corner. They won't hesitate to send McNabb elsewhere if McDaniels plays games and does not offer the requested compensation... a reasonable price tag (45th pick).

Well Denver, I hope you have McNabb shortly... to compensate for life without Marshall.
Working...
X