X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheBroncoEra
    replied
    Originally posted by emack1230 View Post
    I agree with this. I haven't warmed up to Orton as our QB. Just when I thought he might have figured things out, our season started south. I realize not all our losses were due to QB play, but we couldn't score to overcome the other areas.

I was watching Fox Sports and they did a spot about Zac Robinson and saying he could be a sleep QB in the draft. What does everyone think about him? Especially if we end up with Bryant, and they played together, could be a good combo.

Just some thoughts.
    I like Zac Robinson, but I can't see us drafting a QB with us signing Quinn and with Brandstater still waiting in the wings.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    It probably just has to do with their draft board and where they think there's a cut off of talent. I don't think it's about sending a message.

Leave a comment:

• emack1230
    replied
    Originally posted by soloking View Post
    So do I, let's send them the 45th pick and they can have Orton as a backup! Finally we can have a real QB!
    I agree with this. I haven't warmed up to Orton as our QB. Just when I thought he might have figured things out, our season started south. I realize not all our losses were due to QB play, but we couldn't score to overcome the other areas.

I was watching Fox Sports and they did a spot about Zac Robinson and saying he could be a sleep QB in the draft. What does everyone think about him? Especially if we end up with Bryant, and they played together, could be a good combo.

Just some thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• marktippins1981
    replied
    Originally posted by kratos_godofwar View Post
    just because he can't get philly to the sb, doesn't take away the fact that when healthy. he's the best qb in the nfc.
    what???????????

Leave a comment:

• marktippins1981
    replied
    Originally posted by Bahshay View Post
    Please god no.

I want a QB upgrade, but this guy isn't it. Hes a good QB for the Eagles, but so were Jeff Garcia and AJ Feeley. The system they run there is very friendly to QBs. They run screens to WRs and RBs and throw long bombs to open up the field for more screens. McNabb is a solid fit for that. However, he struggles with accuracy on slants, timing patterns, etc. While he is better than Orton overall, for OUR offense he will not be any better.
    I kind of agree

Leave a comment:

• kratos_godofwar
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    I don't think there is any interest in McNabb by the Broncos now that they have Orton for the short term and Quinn for the long term, with still the possibility of drafting a quarterback within the first three rounds.
    Actually, Quinn isn't here for the long term. I believe he has about 2 years left on his contract. And Denver has yet to offer him an extension, which is a sign that they don't plan on him staying here too long unless he shows improvement.

I doubt Broncos go QB early in the draft, the earliest they might go is the 4th round. McNabb is a real possibility in Denver. He's a great QB who has been mistreated in Philly. They have no clue as to how a great QB should be.

Just because he can't get Philly to the SB, doesn't take away the fact that when healthy. He's the best QB in the NFC. Give him a real WR, like when he had TO. Stop giving him tiny speedsters who can't take a hit. Give him an OL that can protect him like they did when McNabb was at his greatest. Andy Reid is the real problem as to why the Eagles have struggled, and McNabb has been the reason why Reid isn't fired yet.

Leave a comment:

• JakeNbake
    replied
    Originally posted by broncozone View Post
    The fact is nobody knows how McNabb situation will play out. I don't even understand why you are so happy that good QB is not in your team.

Why you want his autograph if you don't want him here.
    LOL LOL LOL LOL

(this is the good stuff CanDb is talking about in his thread)

Leave a comment:

• broncozone
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
    McNabb's not here? Do you see him? where is he? OMG! McNabb is here! OMG get me an autgraph!
    The fact is nobody knows how McNabb situation will play out. I don't even understand why you are so happy that good QB is not in your team.

Why you want his autograph if you don't want him here.

Leave a comment:

• RainyTX
    replied
    I'd love to have him, but I highly doubt that it will happen. If we hadn't picked up Quinn then the chances would be more likely. I just don't understand the guys who are completely opposed to the idea, yet they think Kyle Orton walks on water? Orton's inability to stretch the field will be what keeps this offense from reaching it's true potential.

Leave a comment:

• elway 1987
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
    I've seen a MLB team get rid of its most talented players, and become World Champions. Twice. Does that count?

:salute!:
    But it took them six years after the first time they did that. I know because the Marlins are my favorite baseball team.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Well, ...

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
    Fact is, you don't have a clue as to what your talking about. Your completely making this stuff up.

Unless your in the meeting rooms and locker room with the players and Orton and with McD and his staff and can verify all of your above opinions, your just talking out your ear

Try not to wonder off into fantasy land too much, esp. if you have a problem distinguishing reality from fantasy...
    ... the same might be said of your own take on this topic unless you have sources of inside information to share.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Clarification.

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
    You think Brady could even Fathom what Manning does for the Colts? I don't think he has that kind of brain power.

Systems help make good QB's Great.
    Do you mean fathom or phantom?

Six feet, or oooooohhhhhh scaaaareee?

Leave a comment:

• TheBroncoEra
    replied
    Originally posted by mystic View Post
    Seriously, you going to post that in every thread? Reid said the same thing about McNabb a couple of weeks ago, and look at where McNabb is now, probably going to be traded. So then can I clutter your threads with the article where Reid says McNabb will "absolutely" be an Eagle once he's traded?

Leave a comment:

• mystic
    replied
    Originally posted by KnockoutOrton8 View Post
    Oh and if you want to head over to the other McNabb thread Jason La Canfora said that we're not interested....... so, ya know.... there's that
    Cutler will not be traded.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/03/mcda...traded-period/

Leave a comment:

• TheBroncoEra
    replied
    Originally posted by mystic View Post
    What makes people so sure McNabb will help? Well simply based on his performance. Instead you and other want people to believe in magical sceanrios where Orton or Quinn becomes the prince of the NFL. The Ortonites are the ones being ridiculous. McNabb is a proven 6 pro bowl QB whom is broderline HOF. McNabb is playing his best football ever. And he is healthy as ever. On top of that, yeah I would like to have a McNabb who is out to make the Eagles regret this.

Orton will be traded if McNabb is traded for. Assuming you are an Orton fan (not a Denver fan), you can follow him to St. Louis or wherever.
    Ortonites? That's cute, but I CHOOSE to support our QBs, call me crazy I guess. And um, I never really said that Orton & Quinn were elite, I HAVE MY OWN OPINION, AND MY OPINION IS THAT I PREFER ORTON OVER MCNABB. IT DIFFERS FROM YOUR OPINION OBVIOUSLY, BUT THE BEAUTY OF OPINIONS IS EVERYBODY HAS ONE AND IS ENTITLED TO ONE!

So you said that McNabb is playing his best football ever? So his best football ever is playoffs with no SB? Healthy as ever sure, but if the playoff's were indication of his best football ever, keep him in Philly. And yeah I'm just an Orton fan, I'm not a Bronco fan C'mon man, I support the players that are here, not Philly's QB, I support the Denver players. I am allowed to be both a Bronco and an Orton fan right? Oh and if you want to head over to the other McNabb thread Jason La Canfora said that we're not interested....... so, ya know.... there's that

Leave a comment:

Working...
X