• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by housemouse View Post
    Did you just call Haden slow?
    Lolz.

No type of ballhwak?
    LOLZ.
    just cuz the Quarterback underthrows the receiver 4 yards and you just happen to be there....that doesn't make you a ballhawk.... go look at his picks, almost all of 'em are gimmies...

and he runs mid 4.5's, that's only gonna go up with time, how long is he gonna be able to run with receivers?...and I mean more agility wise, he's stiff

Comment

Originally posted by #24 Next Champ View Post
      just cuz the Quarterback underthrows the receiver 4 yards and you just happen to be there....that doesn't make you a ballhawk.... go look at his picks, almost all of 'em are gimmies...

and he runs mid 4.5's, that's only gonna go up with time, how long is he gonna be able to run with receivers?...and I mean more agility wise, he's stiff
      Haden and Kyle Wilson both ran a 4.43. I'm not saying one is better than the other but their speed is pretty similar. I think both of them as well as McCourty will all be great pros and I would be happy with any of them on my team.
      sigpic

Comment

He ran a 4.43. But sure.

Have you seen him play? He reacts to the ball extremely well in the air and he's a physical corner.
        And it must be coincidence that he just happens to be near the ball when the QB doesn't get it right to the receiver.

Comment

I'd rather have Patrick Robinson on our team though. He fits the type of defense we run the best even if I don't like the defense. He has very fluid hips, great footwork, and gets a good break on the ball. With our CBs playing so far off, a CB like Robinson fits perfectly.

Also I love Akwasi Owusu-Ansah. He has work to do to be a CB in this league but he's a great return man and can play CB or even FS.

Comment

isn't ur avatar of a Nugget???
            Good one.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
              Haden and Kyle Wilson both ran a 4.43. I'm not saying one is better than the other but their speed is pretty similar. I think both of them as well as McCourty will all be great pros and I would be happy with any of them on my team.
              One scout had Kyle at 4.39. I was a little disappointed in his time. Last year during spring ball he ran 4.35-4.37. I wonder if taking a little time off to let his hammy heal slowed him a bit. I think Kyle is probably a bit faster than Haden, but not much. I would still prefer Haden due to his size.
              sigpic
              Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Well I didn't know about his off the field issues, but the guy is a talent at corner/ST....that was obviously included in this guy's draft status and talent...and Joe Haden is so overrated, I'm not impressed with him at ALL...people just listen to ESPN too much...and Kareem Jackson I can't find any tape on so I can't say...
                I like this thread very much. I'm big on Haden - but only because I've been swept up in the hype. Honest.

If you buy into the ESPN draft pundits, then read the ad-nauseum mock drafts that seem to take off from there, then read the these threads . . .

. . . it becomes an echo chamber of preceived "wisdom."

Then Draft Day rolls around and not only do the Broncos choose someone out of left field, but so do the Giants and the Cowboys and the 49ers, etc. etc.

The 32 teams have their coaches, scouts and opinions. You can WRITE IT DOWN, those opinions DO NOT MATCH the "wisdom" of ESPN.

Not to call for rebellion . . . its just something to keep perspective on.

Again, like your thread/opinion.

I agree that we could improve at CB.

Comment

Originally posted by trenchwar08 View Post
                  I like this thread very much. I'm big on Haden - but only because I've been swept up in the hype. Honest.

If you buy into the ESPN draft pundits, then read the ad-nauseum mock drafts that seem to take off from there, then read the these threads . . .

. . . it becomes an echo chamber of preceived "wisdom."

Then Draft Day rolls around and not only do the Broncos choose someone out of left field, but so do the Giants and the Cowboys and the 49ers, etc. etc.

The 32 teams have their coaches, scouts and opinions. You can WRITE IT DOWN, those opinions DO NOT MATCH the "wisdom" of ESPN.

Not to call for rebellion . . . its just something to keep perspective on.

Again, like your thread/opinion.

I agree that we could improve at CB.
                  good post, I know what you're gettin' at....alot of times you see teams pick players you would've NEVER guessed, and it's true, everybody has their own scouts....

and for every1 sayin' haden ran a 4.43.....that was unofficial, same with Wilson...so maybe they are the same speed, maybe not, but idk I just don't like how Haden's play is choppy, he doesn't have fluent hips at all like Champ, and he's been out of position on alot of his picks (just gets bad throws)

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                    I'd rather have Patrick Robinson on our team though. He fits the type of defense we run the best even if I don't like the defense. He has very fluid hips, great footwork, and gets a good break on the ball. With our CBs playing so far off, a CB like Robinson fits perfectly.

Also I love Akwasi Owusu-Ansah. He has work to do to be a CB in this league but he's a great return man and can play CB or even FS.
                    ya he's a talent too....but I'd rather get Perrish Cox in the later rounds...cuz Robinson'll prolly be 2nd round I think

Comment

I like Haden just because I believe Denver could put him at FS or CB. I feel he is versatile enough to do that. With #11 pick you take a versatile player if he is BPA instead of a need.

Comment

ya he's a talent too....but I'd rather get Perrish Cox in the later rounds...cuz Robinson'll prolly be 2nd round I think
                        But McDaniels and Xanders are running the Denver Broncos Organization and Perrish Cox is the antithesis of what they are looking for in an NFL player.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                          One scout had Kyle at 4.39. I was a little disappointed in his time. Last year during spring ball he ran 4.35-4.37. I wonder if taking a little time off to let his hammy heal slowed him a bit. I think Kyle is probably a bit faster than Haden, but not much. I would still prefer Haden due to his size.
                          Joe Haden is 5'11 193

Patrick Robinson is 5'11 190
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                            Joe Haden is 5'11 193

Patrick Robinson is 5'11 190
                            Ask MUG Mayock his expert opinion on Patrick Robinson.

Comment

really? there is no chance perrish cox is better than joe haden n he isn't in the top 2. the top 2 corners r haden n wilson n I'm not just a person who listens to other people n says what they say. I know what I'm talking about n haden n wilson r the best. joe haden will be a great corner n wilson will be pretty good. haden is now underrated. they r also great fits for us cuz they specialize in man to man which is mostly what we run. I don't think we will draft either though since we still have champ n goodman, just brought in nate jones, n have 2 young guys to develop in alphonso smith n tony carter
                              Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

why does everybody think MUG is God?
                                Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

Working...
                                X