Clear All

• GridironChamp
    replied
    Kareem Jackson, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Quote:
    Haden has the supreme blend of size, strength, athleticism and speed necessary to be a shut-down corner on the next level. He’s a highly-competitive player who was consistently asked to take on No. 1 SEC receivers in press-man coverage. Is a playmaker with impressive ball skills. Was a consistently productive player in college on a great team defense. Durable throughout career.
    Quote:
    Haden has had an outstanding career for the Gators as their most active defender in their secondary during that time. Haden is an excellent combination of size, strength and athleticism. He has great foot quickness, balance and agility to maintain proper body positioning in coverage. Haden has excellent hips to open turn and run with receivers as well as burst to stay in his opponent’s hip pocket. Haden is a solid run support defender on the perimeter but can be inconsistent being physical. He understands route progressions but doesn’t always react quickly as plays unfold. Haden can be too aggressive with the ball in the air at times but shows very good ball skills which make him a great playmaker. Haden is one of the top cornerbacks in the 2010 draft and should go early on day one.
    I bolded the important parts that backs up my stance on him not being a good fit for our defense. I don't think he'll be a shutdown CB either. He allows catches but is always there before the WR can get YAC.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Haden is a terrible fit for off man coverage. He doesn't have the speed, reaction time, or the CoD ability to make plays in our off man scheme. Wilson is more of a press CB imo and we don't run press coverage.
    On Haden...

Haden has the supreme blend of size, strength, athleticism and speed necessary to be a shut-down corner on the next level. He’s a highly-competitive player who was consistently asked to take on No. 1 SEC receivers in press-man coverage. Is a playmaker with impressive ball skills. Was a consistently productive player in college on a great team defense. Durable throughout career.
    Haden has had an outstanding career for the Gators as their most active defender in their secondary during that time. Haden is an excellent combination of size, strength and athleticism. He has great foot quickness, balance and agility to maintain proper body positioning in coverage. Haden has excellent hips to open turn and run with receivers as well as burst to stay in his opponent’s hip pocket. Haden is a solid run support defender on the perimeter but can be inconsistent being physical. He understands route progressions but doesn’t always react quickly as plays unfold. Haden can be too aggressive with the ball in the air at times but shows very good ball skills which make him a great playmaker. Haden is one of the top cornerbacks in the 2010 draft and should go early on day one.

Leave a comment:

• #24 Next Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by Iron Clady View Post
    really? there is no chance perrish cox is better than joe haden n he isn't in the top 2. the top 2 corners r haden n wilson n I'm not just a person who listens to other people n says what they say. I know what I'm talking about n haden n wilson r the best. joe haden will be a great corner n wilson will be pretty good. haden is now underrated. they r also great fits for us cuz they specialize in man to man which is mostly what we run. I don't think we will draft either though since we still have champ n goodman, just brought in nate jones, n have 2 young guys to develop in alphonso smith n tony carter
    well I agree with the end of this because I do think we already have our CB's ... but I have to agree to disagree with you on Haden, I just don't think he's any type of special...

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    haha i cant take this seriously. haden is perfect for man coverage n wilson is also a very good fit
    You can't take me seriously because you don't know what you're talking about. You're thinking (for whatever reason) that Haden is going to play in a normal man defense here when our CBs line up in off man coverage. We give to big of a cushion for Haden to be good here. He's going to be good in a system where he can play press man coverage but not in our off man coverage.

Leave a comment:

• Sheik Yerbouti
    replied
    The more I see him, the more Kyle Wilson looks like Asante Samuel to me

Leave a comment:

• Iron Clady
    replied
    Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Haden is a terrible fit for off man coverage. He doesn't have the speed, reaction time, or the CoD ability to make plays in our off man scheme. Wilson is more of a press CB imo and we don't run press coverage.
    haha i cant take this seriously. haden is perfect for man coverage n wilson is also a very good fit

Leave a comment:

• D_Broncs_913
    replied
    why does everybody think MUG is God?
    You mean you don't?..............

May the power of MUG compel you! *throws water at face*

But in all reality, he's respected around here, he knows his stuff, and he isn't bias

A really good guy

Leave a comment:

• JayJack
    replied
    I don't think anybody thinks that MUG is God. He is very knowledgeable, and he is correct a lot of times, and if he isn't, he will man up an admit he was wrong. He is just a good person to get info/opinions from, and have a intelligent debate with.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    lol I don't think anyone thinks he's god but he does know what he's talking about.

Leave a comment:

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    really? there is no chance perrish cox is better than joe haden n he isn't in the top 2. the top 2 corners r haden n wilson n I'm not just a person who listens to other people n says what they say. I know what I'm talking about n haden n wilson r the best. joe haden will be a great corner n wilson will be pretty good. haden is now underrated. they r also great fits for us cuz they specialize in man to man which is mostly what we run. I don't think we will draft either though since we still have champ n goodman, just brought in nate jones, n have 2 young guys to develop in alphonso smith n tony carter

Leave a comment:

• Iron Clady
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Iron Clady
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BroncosTX77
    replied
    Originally posted by JayJack View Post
    Joe Haden is 5'11 193

Patrick Robinson is 5'11 190
    Ask MUG Mayock his expert opinion on Patrick Robinson.

Leave a comment:

• JayJack
    replied
    Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    One scout had Kyle at 4.39. I was a little disappointed in his time. Last year during spring ball he ran 4.35-4.37. I wonder if taking a little time off to let his hammy heal slowed him a bit. I think Kyle is probably a bit faster than Haden, but not much. I would still prefer Haden due to his size.
    Joe Haden is 5'11 193

Patrick Robinson is 5'11 190

Leave a comment:

Working...
X