McDs top 11 draft board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jgod654 View Post
    Berry already being on the list I guess its Thomas then :-)

So, if I get this right. In the insane scenario that Russel Okung drops to 11, we pass on him and take Earl Thomas to be backup-backup safety behind Dawkins, Hill, McBath and maybe Bruton instead?

Not buying that.

I would do it with Berry because in my book he falls into the must-grab-if-available category. But not Thomas.
    Sorry didn't see Berry.

And Thomas would not be backup-backup safety. Worst case scenario he splits time between backup to McBath and plays Nickel Back.

Mayock has Thomas ahead of Berry because he sees where the NFL is going in the future which is going to require teams to have a ball hawking center fielder that can cover receivers one on one, take TE's out of the game, and still play great zone. Mayock generally knows what he's talking about and he's watched these guys way more than all of us combined have so I'm inclined to lean his way.

He had Gerald McCoy over Suh before anybody else did and they called him crazy, and now a good number of people are going that direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
      Sorry didn't see Berry.

And Thomas would not be backup-backup safety. Worst case scenario he splits time between backup to McBath and plays Nickel Back.

Mayock has Thomas ahead of Berry because he sees where the NFL is going in the future which is going to require teams to have a ball hawking center fielder that can cover receivers one on one, take TE's out of the game, and still play great zone. Mayock generally knows what he's talking about and he's watched these guys way more than all of us combined have so I'm inclined to lean his way.

He had Gerald McCoy over Suh before anybody else did and they called him crazy, and now a good number of people are going that direction.
      Didnt we draft Phonz to play Nickelback?

My point was. Using a first to draft a backup is just as bad with DBs as with OTs. In such a scenario you go with the best player. Okung.

And if he turns out to be the next Ryan Clady - then just trade the original for a heap of picks
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jgod654 View Post
        Didnt we draft Phonz to play Nickelback?

My point was. Using a first to draft a backup is just as bad with DBs as with OTs. In such a scenario you go with the best player. Okung.

And if he turns out to be the next Ryan Clady - then just trade the original for a heap of picks
        We drafted Phonz to be a starter. He just didn't play that well last year so he's most likely a nickel back this year.

And it's a very different situation. All of our starters in the secondary last year were over 30. Clady and Harris are very young, we don't need another rookie there.

Comment

Working...
        X