Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we trade down in the first round, who would you like to see us get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
    Because McDaniels has said he likes Olsen and because he has said in interviews that Olsen may be the center.

There is better use for a 4th rounder than to fill a position already filled.
    what is a better need than getting a successful OG for a 4th round pick, just because he says something in an interview doesnt mean it is going to happen. For example when the season finished he said he was looking to use hillis more in the offense next season, that aint guna happen.

anyway there is no indication yet that olsen is starting material and i doubt josh mcdaniels will go into camp with only one option at centre and guard. Also I no it has been a whole season since last preseason and players improve alot over that time but seth olsen was terrible in my opinion

Leave a comment:

• GridironChamp
    replied
    Originally posted by Den615 View Post
    If we traded down in the 1st it would almost certainly be for Pouncey. Who knows what we would do with the extra 2nd. I'd probably grab Cam Thomas (NT) and Damian Williams (WR) with the two 2nd's.

Demaryius Thomas is a late 1st or very early 2nd round pick. He will not last 10 picks into the 2nd round, count on it.
    Out of curiosity, why do you think that?? I understand his upside...

But he hasn't shown the ability to run average routes, let alone NFL caliber routes.
    Who knows how he looks in and out of breaks. And to top it off, he isn't necessarily
    carrying around glue for hands.

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied
    Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    how do you know they are working seth olsen out at centre, also what dont you understand i said draft pouncey in the first and get rob simms also with the 4th. How do you know olsen is even starting material?
    Because McDaniels has said he likes Olsen and because he has said in interviews that Olsen may be the center.

There is better use for a 4th rounder than to fill a position already filled.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    So thats why they have been working Olsen at center? So he can be a backup guard?

We have two natural guards in Olsen and Hochstein and one natural center in Dustin Fry. Getting a center is of way more importance than a guard.

how do you know they are working seth olsen out at centre, also what dont you understand i said draft pouncey in the first and get rob simms also with the 4th. How do you know olsen is even starting material?

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied
    no it wouldnt mean that russ or seth would be centres, they would be backups. We do not need to trade for Rob Simms if we sign an offer sheet, he is tendered at a 4th round level and then if you read the top of my post it says take pouncey and the line would go:

clady.....simms.....pouncey.....kuper.....harris
    .....hoistein... .....olsen.....polumbus
    So thats why they have been working Olsen at center? So he can be a backup guard?

We have two natural guards in Olsen and Hochstein and one natural center in Dustin Fry. Getting a center is of way more importance than a guard.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    If we traded for Rob Sims, that means either Seth Olsen or Russ Hochstein end up as our center. I cant lie, Im not very comfy with either of them at center. Neither are natural centers and, considering our OLine play last season....Id prefer the Guards play Guard and draft a true Center.

no it wouldnt mean that russ or seth would be centres, they would be backups. We do not need to trade for Rob Simms if we sign an offer sheet, he is tendered at a 4th round level and then if you read the top of my post it says take pouncey and the line would go:

clady.....simms.....pouncey.....kuper.....harris
    .....hoistein... .....olsen.....polumbus

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied
    I would also love to give up our 4th for OG-Rom Simms from seatle, much better than any guard in the draft appart from Mike Iupati
    If we traded for Rob Sims, that means either Seth Olsen or Russ Hochstein end up as our center. I cant lie, Im not very comfy with either of them at center. Neither are natural centers and, considering our OLine play last season....Id prefer the Guards play Guard and draft a true Center.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    i would love to trade down and get a first and two seconds but i doubt it would happen. However if we traded down with new england get there first and one of there seconds for our first i would go:

#22(from NE): OC-Maurkice Pouncey

#44(from NE): DE-Tyson Alualu

#45: ILB-Brandon Spikes

i still dont think brandon spikes will fall to the third.

I would also love to give up our 4th for OG-Rom Simms from seatle, much better than any guard in the draft appart from Mike Iupati

Leave a comment:

• marcus_miller
    replied
    Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I don't see the need for Thomas. He is a FS and we have McBath there who looked fantastic before his injury and was pushing Hill to take over, he was probably our best rookie last year.
    Our Safeties are over the hill, love them, we need exceptionaly talented youth at the spot to learn from the one of the best in Dawkins.. In all honestly, I view S as one of the most important positions on a football team and wouldn't take a chance on hopeing Mcbath can be one of the best S in the league next year or the year after that, IMO he will be good at best not one of the best in the league unless some miricale happens:salute!:

Leave a comment:

• marcus_miller
    replied
    if we could get a 2nd or 3 rd pick for trading for a late 1st.. Pouncey all the way.....I want that damn 6th and 11th.. to grab berry and bryant in that order.. thats my perfect world.

Leave a comment:

• Hoserman117
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    The 2 best picks of the draft
    Defense

Brandan Graham DL
    Terrance Cody DL

Offense

Jahvid Best RB
    Bruce Campbell OL

These picks are automatics
    Oof. I hope not.

And dude, what is with your mock draft in the sig?! :brick: I've asked so many times but gotten no responses

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSexyDaddy
    replied
    The 2 best picks of the draft
    Defense

Brandan Graham DL
    Terrance Cody DL

Offense

Jahvid Best RB
    Bruce Campbell OL

These picks are automatics

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Originally posted by Northern Lights View Post
    Iupati or Earl Thomas
    I don't see the need for Thomas. He is a FS and we have McBath there who looked fantastic before his injury and was pushing Hill to take over, he was probably our best rookie last year.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    Well a lot of people are dropping Dez down in the first round. A mock on NFL.com has him all the way down to the Jets.

And I've read things saying McDaniels is looking to move Royal inside, and not play him as an X receiver so much.

I think Tate is good, and wouldn't be upset if we got him, but I'd prefer a legitimate #2 and potential starter if Marshall leaves by getting Bryant, Benn, or Thomas.
    If this is true then its FANTASTIC, I have said for ages that Royal is best suited to the slot, not the outside where he sometimes struggles to beat the jam.

I would os LOVE to get Bryant at 11 and have BM or Gaffney as the #2 possession WR pushing Royal to the slot, that would open the WHOLE offense.

Leave a comment:

• Northern Lights
    replied
    Iupati or Earl Thomas

Leave a comment:

Working...
X