Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    It will be interesting, thats for sure.

Good debate, I have always viewed you as a very good poster
    Yes sir, i appreciate it, same to you.

Leave a comment:

• JayJack
    replied
    Also, Fry was drafted in round 5 (even if he was projected 3-4)

He was drafted by St. Louis and released from the practice squad a year later.

He was then signed to the Browns practice squad, got a future contract but cut in training camp.

He spent 2009 on the Panthers practice squad.

Now we brought him in, the 4th team to do so. The previous 4 viewed him as a practice squad player, will he make the hugh jump to starter for us??? Possible but very very very unlikely.

I'm not knocking him, just giving the facts
    I know all of this, but that's the nature of being an O-Lineman. It's not a fancy position and sometimes get thrown away. We carried 5 safties on our roster last year, i'm pretty sure somebody got cut who could've made our team. James Harrison was cut from the Ravens PS about for times, look at what he is doing now. Some of the ProBowl O-Lineman that alot people like was in the same situation as Fry. They either got drafted in the 6th/7th rd or went undrafted. Dominik Hixon gets picked up by the Giants and Bronco fans are wondering, why wasn't he playing like that with us? Now he is a important part of their offense. It happens all the time.
    Last edited by JayJack; 03-28-2010, 04:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Originally posted by *Atwater* View Post
    If we pass up on Williams and he ends going to the Chargers I will puke.
    The only thing with Williams is it worrys me that his game tape made him a #2 round pick and he has one good senior bowl week and he's suddenly a round 1 selection. Now we want him at #11??

I don't think he's as good as Raji last year.

Due to the demand for NT's he probably goes top 15 but I don't want us to take him.

I want Dez.............possibly Odrick if we can't get Dez.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Originally posted by JayJack View Post
    Hey, you never know. Fry may shock the whole NFL for all we know. This is how i see it. In so many ways, McD has shown that he is more into technique than the next flavor of the month. He may draft Olsen, who i believe benched more than any O-Lineman at the combine. Now i wasn't impressed with Olsen in the drills at the Senior Bowl, but if his problem is hand placement or stance, and McD and the O-Line coaches believe that they can tweek some things, and then it wouldn't suprise me if we draft him. Anything is possible.
    It will be interesting, thats for sure.

Good debate, I have always viewed you as a very good poster

Leave a comment:

• *Atwater*
    replied
    If we pass up on Williams and he ends going to the Chargers I will puke.

Leave a comment:

• JayJack
    replied
    Yep, he'll compete in camp and there's a small chance he could start but the bottom line is that its very unlikely and almost everyone agree's that we need to draft a center high.

I like 2 starters at center in this draft. We won't take Pouncey so we need Walton.

I really hope the C battle in camp isn't between Fry and Olsen/Tennant
    Hey, you never know. Fry may shock the whole NFL for all we know. This is how i see it. In so many ways, McD has shown that he is more into technique than the next flavor of the month. He may draft Olsen, who i believe benched more than any O-Lineman at the combine. Now i wasn't impressed with Olsen in the drills at the Senior Bowl, but if his problem is hand placement or stance, and McD and the O-Line coaches believe that they can tweek some things, and then it wouldn't suprise me if we draft him. Anything is possible.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Also, Fry was drafted in round 5 (even if he was projected 3-4)

He was drafted by St. Louis and released from the practice squad a year later.

He was then signed to the Browns practice squad, got a future contract but cut in training camp.

He spent 2009 on the Panthers practice squad.

Now we brought him in, the 4th team to do so. The previous 4 viewed him as a practice squad player, will he make the hugh jump to starter for us??? Possible but very very very unlikely.

I'm not knocking him, just giving the facts

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    I never said that Fry is the starter. This is what i said. "McD has mentioned that he liked Dustin Fry coming out of Clemson, so if we do draft a center, i believe it will be in the 3rd rd, and it will be someone who can play OG also, just in case this is Kupers last season here. I believe that is one position that you should let the players battle for." Just because other teams didn't want or need him, does't really mean anything. Fry could have every trait that McD looks for in a Center, who knows.
    Yep, he'll compete in camp and there's a small chance he could start but the bottom line is that its very unlikely and almost everyone agree's that we need to draft a center high.

I like 2 starters at center in this draft. We won't take Pouncey so we need Walton.

I really hope the C battle in camp isn't between Fry and Olsen/Tennant

Leave a comment:

• JayJack
    replied
    I give everyone a chance but to nail Fry in as a starter is madness. He was released from other teams who felt he wasn't good enough even as a back-up and we picked him up cheap to compete in camp.

IMO Walton is a very very very good center and as tough as nails. He is alot better than Tennant and Olsen and will not make in out of the second.
    I never said that Fry is the starter. This is what i said. "McD has mentioned that he liked Dustin Fry coming out of Clemson, so if we do draft a center, i believe it will be in the 3rd rd, and it will be someone who can play OG also, just in case this is Kupers last season here. I believe that is one position that you should let the players battle for." Just because other teams didn't want or need him, does't really mean anything. Fry could have every trait that McD looks for in a Center, who knows.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    I guess i'm the kind of person who doesn't write everybody the Broncos bring in, that is not a "Big/Known Name" off as a camp body. J.D. Walton is "projected" to be drafted between the 3rd-4th rd. When Fry was coming out in 07, he was "Projected" to get drafted in the 3rd rd.

We don't know why Fry has been on a couple of teams. He could've been behind a good Center, he could've got released to make room for somebody else, it could've been a number of reasons, but that still doesn't mean that he wouldn't be a good NFL Center. Also, don't forget that we hired an Assistant O-Line Coach too, so he can help Fry, Walton, Tennant, Olsen or who ever we draft on technique or what ever their problem is.
    I give everyone a chance but to nail Fry in as a starter is madness. He was released from other teams who felt he wasn't good enough even as a back-up and we picked him up cheap to compete in camp.

IMO Walton is a very very very good center and as tough as nails. He is alot better than Tennant and Olsen and will not make in out of the second.

Leave a comment:

• JayJack
    replied
    I would rather get someone like Petrus in the 4th or Marinelli (RT and OG) in the 6th.

Fry, IMO, is a camp body, back-up at best (thats why I said no REAL center, I meant no starter).

Center is a very important position and I would feel better if we got a real good one like Walton there for 10-15 years rather then settle for someone like Tennant or Olsen who are OK but nothing special.
    I guess i'm the kind of person who doesn't write everybody the Broncos bring in, that is not a "Big/Known Name" off as a camp body. J.D. Walton is "projected" to be drafted between the 3rd-4th rd. When Fry was coming out in 07, he was "Projected" to get drafted in the 3rd rd.

We don't know why Fry has been on a couple of teams. He could've been behind a good Center, he could've got released to make room for somebody else, it could've been a number of reasons, but that still doesn't mean that he wouldn't be a good NFL Center. Also, don't forget that we hired an Assistant O-Line Coach too, so he can help Fry, Walton, Tennant, Olsen or who ever we draft on technique or what ever their problem is.
    Last edited by JayJack; 03-28-2010, 04:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    I don't care for McClain myself. I would prefer Odrick. McD has mentioned that he liked Dustin Fry coming out of Clemson, so if we do draft a center, i believe it will be in the 3rd rd, and it will be someone who can play OG also, just in case this is Kupers last season here. I believe that is one position that you should let the players battle for.
    I would rather get someone like Petrus in the 4th or Marinelli (RT and OG) in the 6th.

Fry, IMO, is a camp body, back-up at best (thats why I said no REAL center, I meant no starter).

Center is a very important position and I would feel better if we got a real good one like Walton there for 10-15 years rather then settle for someone like Tennant or Olsen who are OK but nothing special.

Leave a comment:

• JayJack
    replied
    I don't care for McClain myself. I would prefer Odrick. McD has mentioned that he liked Dustin Fry coming out of Clemson, so if we do draft a center, i believe it will be in the 3rd rd, and it will be someone who can play OG also, just in case this is Kupers last season here. I believe that is one position that you should let the players battle for.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Jared Odrick to the Ravens is a frightening thought.
    Although I like Wright I don't like McClain at 11 and I don't like his logic.

He needs to realize that Haggan was our LB captain last season and is a very good run tackler who's natural position is inside. We also moved Larsen inside for depth and have Woodyard there. As well as the good point MUG made about having by far the 2 most expensive 3-4 ILB's in the league in DJ and McClain.

I think McClain is pretty good but is not #11 good. If we chose him over Bryant I would go mad!!!!!!!

Also, in round 2, I like Ducasse but you should lock Walton in there for us. We brought him in for a visit, HAVE NO REAL CENTER and he is the tough, run mauling leader that McD loves. He will not fall to 3 either.

Leave a comment:

• JayJack
    replied
    Jared Odrick to the Ravens is a frightening thought.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X