No announcement yet.

Cam Thomas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cam Thomas or Terrance Cody would be great in the 2nd round our OL and DL depth would look like this

LT- Clady
    LG- Iupati
    OC- Walton
    RG- Kuper
    RT- Harris

Off takle run play to the left would be unstoppable,

LDE- Bannan, Fields
    NT- Williams, Cody/Thomas, Baker
    RDE- Mcbean, Green

Comment

i think if we draft a NT high it may indicate that fields or baker may play the end.

I hope mcbean gets cut

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
        exactly and seth olsen...... is in his second year and will be the starter thanks for making my point for me
        Olsen will start at LG, not center. JD Walton or Maurkice Pouncey will be our starting center next year.

Comment

Agility for Cs is overrated. Why does a C need great agility? They're not going to be asked to move as much as an OT or even an OG. As long as he's smart and can make the line calls and run block good, take him. Arm length is overrated too. Ryan Harris has short arms and he's a solid RT.

Cam Thomas is good, but I'd like Cody better. I just want our d-line to reach 1000 lbs. while only have 3 guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
            Olsen will start at LG, not center. JD Walton or Maurkice Pouncey will be our starting center next year.
            no because it makes us overall bigger and better to start olsen or fry at center and draft lupati who is a much better prospect the pouncey or walton, his combination of size and strength and athleticism cannot be matched by any other interior lineman in this draft
            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              Agility for Cs is overrated. Why does a C need great agility? They're not going to be asked to move as much as an OT or even an OG. As long as he's smart and can make the line calls and run block good, take him. Arm length is overrated too. Ryan Harris has short arms and he's a solid RT.

Cam Thomas is good, but I'd like Cody better. I just want our d-line to reach 1000 lbs. while only have 3 guys.
              exactly then whats so wrong with sticking with dustin fry if he can make the right calls, he isnt agile but just a staight road plow at center plus he is 330 lbs thats a huge center

Comment

i dont wanna start fry at centre until i see how he goes in training camp and the preseason. Same with olsen. I am however torn between iupati and pouncey and who i would rather take. I would love to see olsens tape from preseason last year. Anyone know where you can watch the games from last years preseason.

Comment

Back to Cam Thomas. I think a second round is better used someplace else. Like linval joseph possible in the third or maybe in the 4th. Also some UDFA like Kade Weston out of the university of gerogia. He is 6-5 and 325 pounds. In his senior year he had 28 tackles, 6 for a loss and 2 sacks.

Comment

I just dont think NT is that big of a priority, we got jamal williams, justin bannan, ronald fields, and chris baker all of these guys can play NT and 3 of them play DE why do we even need to draft another guy who will sit behind all these guys cause 1. they have more expierence with the 5 technique and 2. fields and baker have been in the system for a year.

Comment

I just dont think NT is that big of a priority, we got jamal williams, justin bannan, ronald fields, and chris baker all of these guys can play NT and 3 of them play DE why do we even need to draft another guy who will sit behind all these guys cause 1. they have more expierence with the 5 technique and 2. fields and baker have been in the system for a year.
                      I do agree to some point. I think marcus thomas will play at defensive end this year on a rotational role and am exited to see it. Also i wanna see chris baker play at end aswell. Cut mcbean and maybe smith. Get kade weston who should be UDFA. This would leave us with:

Justin Bannan..........Jamal Williams..........Chris Baker=987 pounds
                      Jarvis Green.............Ronald Fields...........Marcus Thomas=916 pounds
                      .............................Kade Weston..............................

Kade Weston could take the role oof chris baker from last year.

Comment

exactly then whats so wrong with sticking with dustin fry if he can make the right calls, he isnt agile but just a staight road plow at center plus he is 330 lbs thats a huge center
                        Don't really have a problem with Fry but I don't think he's shown the ability to master the playbook and learn to recognize defenses to make the line calls. If he has he wouldn't have gone through so many teams. He has pretty good potential but it's probably not there mentally.

I think he's better suited for RG imo.

Comment

no because it makes us overall bigger and better to start olsen or fry at center and draft lupati who is a much better prospect the pouncey or walton, his combination of size and strength and athleticism cannot be matched by any other interior lineman in this draft
                          Pouncey is a better center than Iupati is guard.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                            I do agree to some point. I think marcus thomas will play at defensive end this year on a rotational role and am exited to see it. Also i wanna see chris baker play at end aswell. Cut mcbean and maybe smith. Get kade weston who should be UDFA. This would leave us with:

Justin Bannan..........Jamal Williams..........Chris Baker=987 pounds
                            Jarvis Green.............Ronald Fields...........Marcus Thomas=916 pounds
                            .............................Kade Weston..............................

Kade Weston could take the role oof chris baker from last year.
                            I dont think we cut any of our lineman and I dont think we draft any either, I really think mcdaniels likes this group he has assembled there is alought of expierence and youth behind all the starters. why cut mcbean he has a whole years expierence playing the 5 technique. you just want to cut him cause he was a undrafted free agent even though he shows promise
                            Last edited by crash123go; 04-03-2010, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X