No announcement yet.

Vote Top RB in the 2010 draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and usc still had a good d. not great. asu's d was really good at stopping the run this year and they couldnt stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob333 View Post
      he is more than just a between the tackles runner. he ran sweeps all the time. yeah he is extremely physical but he is really fast too. yeah he doesnt have the huge playmaking ability of a spiller or best but he is an every down back which they arent. he is more complete than both of them as a rb.
      Yeah he ran sweeps in college against college linebackers and corners. I'm not saying he can't do it in the pros, but he definitely won't be as effective.

And Gerhart ran 4.58, that isn't really fast, but it's fast enough for his size.

And Gerhart isn't yet an every down back. He is going to be taken off the field on 3rd down because he's not a very good receiver and he has limited experience in pass blocking. Adrian Peterson is the shiz, but he's not an every down back which is why the Vikings always stuck Chester Taylor in on 3rd downs.

Gerhart is a tough, in between the tackles short yardage and goal line runner who will most likely play a hybrid Fullback/Halfback role in the NFL.

Comment

i think cj spiller is easily the best back in the draft and would be a great running back in the nfl. However i would like to see us draft Jahvid best if he fell to us in the second at #45 overall. I know it is highly unlikely but would add explosion to the offense.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
          i think cj spiller is easily the best back in the draft and would be a great running back in the nfl. However i would like to see us draft Jahvid best if he fell to us in the second at #45 overall. I know it is highly unlikely but would add explosion to the offense.
          We don't need Jahvid Best. We already have Moreno and even if Best did fall to us in the 2nd round (which I doubt) I still wouldn't take him because we need to fill a lot of holes on defense.

Comment

I think 2nd is too high for a runner, but I think the 3rd would be a good place to grab one. Ben Tate or Montario Hardesty are two players I really like that would be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
              Hooray for random unnecessary pot shots who's only intent is to steer the thread off course into another Knowshon sucks convo WOOOHOOOO
              LMAO, has to be a Knowshon hate thread. But i say Matthews, i hope he goes anywhere but SD.

Comment

i just think we need to add some explostion to our offense.

Comment

We can worry about offense in later rounds. Our first 2-3 rounds needs to be focusing on defense.

Comment

I wouldn't mind Jacoby Ford in the 4th

Comment

i would love jacoby ford in the 4th, imo that would be a steal, i think he'll be very good in the NFL

back to the original post though, CJ Spiller by far,
                      best back in this draft :salute!:
                      Team Tebow Member #14

Comment

Ive been thinking this for awhile now could he be a player like josh cribbs who could be a running back and wide reciver. I think he would be great on screen plays and anything that could give him room to move on the outside.

He could be like dexter mcluster, just with more weight, more speed, and for a 4th round pick. He can also return punts which is an area we need help with.

Sorry for going off topic

Comment

Ive been thinking this for awhile now could he be a player like josh cribbs who could be a running back and wide reciver. I think he would be great on screen plays and anything that could give him room to move on the outside.

He could be like dexter mcluster, just with more weight, more speed, and for a 4th round pick. He can also return punts which is an area we need help with.

Sorry for going off topic
                          Umm for returning punts we already have Mckinley and Royal. Now one could block for Royal so it was difficult for him to do anything.

Comment

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/fea...eid=34945&pg=1

1. Ryan Mathews, Fresno State

Height/Weight: 6'0/218
                            College Experience: Third-year junior
                            Combine #s: 4.45 forty, 19 x 225, 36" vertical, 10'1" long jump, 4.33ss
                            Style Comparison: Terrell Davis
                            2009 Stats: 276 - 1,808 (6.6) - 19 Tds, 11 - 122 (11.1) - 0 Tds

Positives: The NCAA's leading rusher in 2009, Mathews beat out Lonyae Miller -- a legit pro prospect -- to be Fresno State's clear lead back for his final two years. A one-cut runner with breakaway buildup speed and a brutal stiff arm, Mathews was virtually unstoppable in Bulldogs coach Pat Hill's zone-blocking heavy, pro-style offense. Mathews is powerful and instinctive running to the inside, and offers NFL-caliber strength in the lower and upper body. He is ready to break tackles in the pros, rarely loses his balance, and fumbled just three times in college.

Negatives: Durability is a concern. Mathews suffered a concussion as a junior, and missed five games as well as parts of three others as a sophomore due to nerve damage in his knee. He has enough shake to make defenders miss, but runs with a high, upright style that leaves him susceptible to hits. Mathews caught just 19 passes in three college seasons (11 receptions in '09 was his career high) and projects as only a two-down back initially.

Outlook: Mathews will be an immediate NFL starter with the potential to make a major impact in year one. He showed smooth receiving ability in position drills at the Combine and possesses the physicality to improve as a blitz protector. Mathews does not lack upside to someday be a three-down asset. He has a higher ceiling than any draft-eligible back, and appears to be a surefire first-round pick after an outstanding offseason.

2. C.J. Spiller, Clemson

Height/Weight: 5'11/196
                            College Experience: Fourth-year senior
                            Combine #s: 4.37 forty, 18 x 225
                            Style Comparison: Jamaal Charles
                            2009 Stats: 216 - 1,212 (5.6) - 12 Tds, 36 - 503 (14.0) - 4 Tds

Positives: Exceptionally quick footed with ideal speed, Spiller scored 21 of his 52 college touchdowns from 50+ yards out. As a senior, Spiller operated as an every-down back and impressively kept track star teammate Jacoby Ford on the bench for returns. An instant impact player in the latter area, Spiller is fearless in the kicking game. He wastes no steps after hauling in kicks or punts, and accounted for nine career return TDs, including five as a senior. Tigers coach Dabo Swinney did a terrific job of getting Spiller the ball in space, but he is plenty effective on inside runs with a low, angular running style, willingness to lower his shoulder, and consistent tendency to fall forward. Spiller is a silky smooth pass receiver, possesses outstanding vision and moves, and has some of the draft's biggest hands (10 1/8"). He fumbled just twice in four years.

Negatives: Spiller had 20+ carries only five times in his college career. Though he played in 52-of-53 games at Clemson, durability is an unavoidable concern due to his size. Spiller spent just one season as a full-time player, sharing duty with Browns 2009 sixth-round pick James Davis in his first three. Rarely asked to pass protect by Swinney, Spiller is not an overly physical back. He will struggle to pick up blitzers in the pros -- at least initially -- and prefers to make defenders miss rather than run through them. Spiller is also unlikely to be an effective short-yardage runner. He suffered from turf toe as a senior, although Spiller showed toughness by playing through it.

Outlook: Not a great bet to ever be a 300-carry workhorse, Spiller's best fit would be on a team capable of pairing him with a bigger, more powerful "change of pace" complement. Still, game-breaking ability like Spiller's doesn't come around often. He won't fall out of round one.

Looks like people think he runs like TD

too bad we will never draft him since we picked up moreno. I'm happy with moreno i guess

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                              Umm for returning punts we already have Mckinley and Royal. Now one could block for Royal so it was difficult for him to do anything.
                              Royal needs to focus on being a reciever more than anything as he should be our full time slot man. Mckinley from what i saw of his returns in the regualr season was that he is soft. That kick return against the eagles when he got hurt he ran it back like a girl, no wonder he got hurt. Also in the preseason i remember he struggled to catch the ball on returns and had a fumble. However he looked a bit better on punt returns and i would love to see what he can do in the passing game.

Comment

Royal needs to focus on being a reciever more than anything as he should be our full time slot man. Mckinley from what i saw of his returns in the regualr season was that he is soft. That kick return against the eagles when he got hurt he ran it back like a girl, no wonder he got hurt. Also in the preseason i remember he struggled to catch the ball on returns and had a fumble. However he looked a bit better on punt returns and i would love to see what he can do in the passing game.
                                Mckinley got hurt because he had no blockers so he ran backwards and got messed up. Nothing new because Royal did that all season on punt and kick returns. He would always have to run backwards and try to make a play even though 20 guys were heading his way. I want to see Mckinley in the passing game to and it makes me wonder why people want Jordan Shipley so bad. Its kind of obvious McD doesn't know how to use Royal ( which is ludacrous) as a slot otherwise he would of had a good of a year like he had in the 09 season. If Marshall goes hes going to have to be effective because he will be our #1 receiver at that point

Comment

Working...
                                X