Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colt McCoy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Colt McCoy

    Why no posts after his pro day. I've never been that big of a fan of his but he was pretty impressive yesterday! Any thoughts?

  • #2
    We wont draft a QB this year. I like McCoy and had we not acquired Quinn he would be very high on my list, but QB is no longer a need IMO.

    If we add a rookie QB it will be an UDFA to provide a camp arm.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Den615 View Post
      We wont draft a QB this year. I like McCoy and had we not acquired Quinn he would be very high on my list, but QB is no longer a need IMO.

      If we add a rookie QB it will be an UDFA to provide a camp arm.
      I wouldn't be surprised to see a QB taken in the last couple of rounds...jmho.
      Never argue with an idiot...he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!


      Laugh...and the whole world laughs with you!
      Laugh like a lunatic for no apparent reason...and they'll leave you alone!


      "Why are you cutting?"
      "Hey man. Why are you 300 pounds?"
      Howard Griffith to Levon Kirkland - 1997 AFC Championship
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Key West Bronc View Post
        I wouldn't be surprised to see a QB taken in the last couple of rounds...jmho.
        Dont get your hopes up. Unless McDaniels has given up on Brandstater (unlikely) then there is no point in drafting a QB.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Den615 View Post
          Dont get your hopes up. Unless McDaniels has given up on Brandstater (unlikely) then there is no point in drafting a QB.
          If we can get some extra picks, i wouldn't be surprised if we draft a QB. Whether we draft a QB or sign a UDFA QB, we will leave draft weekend with a QB. I would love to draft Levi Brown from Troy, in the 6th rd.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            I wanted to draft him and was hopeful we would, but after landing Quinn I just REALLY don't see it.

            I hope he goes to a good team where he can start in a year or two though. I'm a huge Colt and Longhorns fan

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by soloking View Post
              Why no posts after his pro day. I've never been that big of a fan of his but he was pretty impressive yesterday! Any thoughts?
              My opinion,he is the best QB in the draft.He is a very smart QB,and can read defenses very well.I like Colt McCoy.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by soloking View Post
                Why no posts after his pro day. I've never been that big of a fan of his but he was pretty impressive yesterday! Any thoughts?
                The obvious is Denver is set at QB. Orton to start, Quinn for backup, and Brandstater as the young project.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
                  The obvious is Denver is set at QB. Orton to start, Quinn for backup, and Brandstater as the young project.

                  kindna weird that our backup and our young project are just a week apart of age.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by demonicbroncos View Post
                    kindna weird that our backup and our young project are just a week apart of age.
                    funny huh? well young was meant as less experienced.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      McCoy could have some success in a spread offense, anywhere else it will be minimal.

                      He simply doesn't have the physical tools to make it, he is an excellent leader and winner and so forth, but his footwork won't translate and his arm strength leaves a lot to be desired.
                      sigpic
                      St. Louis Rams GM

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Key West Bronc View Post
                        I wouldn't be surprised to see a QB taken in the last couple of rounds...jmho.
                        I doubt it because last season we got brandstater and now we have quinn so we probaly wont draft a QB at all. However if we didnt trade for quinn i would have loved to get colt mccoy

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think washingtron will take him with there second #37 overall, this way they would get a starting Lt with there #5 overall and get mccoy in the second.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Lukic View Post
                            McCoy could have some success in a spread offense, anywhere else it will be minimal.

                            He simply doesn't have the physical tools to make it, he is an excellent leader and winner and so forth, but his footwork won't translate and his arm strength leaves a lot to be desired.
                            Everybody said his feet looked excellent, but yes, his arm strength isn't the best.

                            I think if he landed on a team that ran a west coast style of offense, he'd fit in great.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              We paid next to nothing for Quinn, and no one really has any proof that this staff is high on Brandstater. All McD said is that he expects him to improve. Hardly an endorsement as the QB of the future. Another QB in the draft is not out of the question.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X