No Mocking 2 Defensive Linemen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Mocking 2 Defensive Linemen

Some people like to say that we will draft 1 or 2 more defensive linemen because we added 3 veterans already and they think we will repeat the construction of our secondary job on our defensive line. I just want to say that drafting 1 defensive linemen is possible, but I highly doubt we add 2 more. We already have Jamal Williams, Bannan, Green, Fields, McBean, and Baker, who will all make the team. We also have Smith and Thomas. One of those two could easily grab the 7th spot. I doubt we keep more than 7 defensive linemen. I could easily see us not even drafting a defensive lineman. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it's very possible. We will draft more defensive linemen, but just not more than 1 this year.
    Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

i say we will add one in the draft at DE and hopefully mcbean gets cut.

I say we use our second round pick on a DE but only if we trade down in the first and get an extra second. I think either tyson alualu or lamarr houston would be a great fit.

I am also exited to see baker play in the preseason because i beleive he could be a great DE/NT.

I would also rather see Thomas play at DE in the preseason.

Comment

It all depends on what they think of Baker. Realistically I think the only locks are Bannan, Fields, Green, and Williams. If the team thinks Baker is their future nose tackle than yeah I think we only draft one d-lineman (Odrick in the 1st IMO).

But if they think Baker is better suited as a rotational DE/NT, then I could easily see us drafting a player like Cam Thomas in the 2nd-3rd round.

RDE
      Jarvis Green

NT
      Jamal Williams
      Ronald Fields
      Chris Baker

LDE
      Justin Bannan

Those five are fairly safe bets to make the team, so that leaves us two spots to fill...I wouldn't be surprised at all if those spots are filled by rookies.
      Last edited by Den615; 04-01-2010, 09:36 PM.

Comment

We could easily cut Thomas, McBean, and Peterson, and be looking for replacements.

I think we'll draft 2 D-line players.

EDIT: Is this website going out of this world slow for other people? Everything is going normal speed but this...
        Last edited by Hoserman117; 04-01-2010, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
          We could easily cut Thomas, McBean, and Peterson, and be looking for replacements.

I think we'll draft 2 D-line players.
          We already cut Peterson, do you mean Smith?

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
            We already cut Peterson, do you mean Smith?
            Yeah sorry I meant Smith.

Comment

Yeah sorry I meant Smith.
              It's cool lol. I agree with your point... I think it is very possible we take two d-lineman this year.

And yeah this site is going super slow for me too.

Comment

we resigned smith in the offseason so he wont get cut and yes this website is going really slow.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                  we resigned smith in the offseason so he wont get cut and yes this website is going really slow.
                  He could still get cut. I don't expect him to make the team anyways, he's most likely just camp fodder.

And yay everything is back to normal speed now.

Comment

He was a RFA and we didn't even give him an original (6th round pick) tender. We let him hit free agency so we could sign him cheap (league minimum). Does that sound like a player in the team's long term plans? He will be fighting for a roster spot this summer.

Comment

well we did give up a fifth round pick for him and a seventh so i doubt the team will just give up on him like that after just 1 season. He wont be starter anyway

Comment

well we did give up a fifth round pick for him and a seventh so i doubt the team will just give up on him like that after just 1 season. He wont be starter anyway
                        We traded a 5th and 7th for him and Hochstein...

The draft picks don't even matter at this point seeing as how we didn't even offer him a RFA tender. It makes more sense to think of him as an UFA signing. We let him hit the open market...no one was interested...so we signed him to the league minimum.

Like I said, he will be fighting for a roster spot.

Comment

We cut our 6th round pick last year. I really don't think Smith makes the roster.

Comment

i hope he doesnt either, but we will see in the preseason i guess

Comment

We cut our 6th round pick last year. I really don't think Smith makes the roster.
                              really? we cut Brandstater?
                              Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

Working...
                              X