The best mock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best mock

Assuming Dumervil is back. We'll just say Marshall is traded for a pick between 20 and 32 and Scheffler is traded for a 4th rounder.

1. Jared Odrick
    1. Arrelious Benn
    2. J.D. Walton
    3. Montario Hardesty
    4. Mitch Petrus
    4. Clay Harbor
    6. Arthur Moats
    7. Thomas Welch

Roster
    QB - Orton, Quinn, Brandstater
    RB - Moreno, Buckhalter, Hardesty, Arrington
    WR - Benn, Royal, Gaffney, Stokley, McKinley, Lloyd
    TE - Graham, Quinn, Harbor
    OT - Clady, Harris, Polumbus, Welch
    G - Kuper, Olsen, Hochstein, Petrus
    C - Walton, (Hochstein)
    DE - Bannan, Odrick, Green, McBean
    NT - Williams, Fields, Baker
    OLB - Dumervil, Ayers, Reid, Moats
    ILB - Williams, Haggan, Woodyard, Larsen
    CB - Bailey, Goodman, Jones, Smith, Carter
    S - Dawkins, Hill, McBath, Bruton, Barrett
    P - Colquitt
    K - Prater
    LS - Paxton
    Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

love it exept for,

harbour: We have marquas branson who will be our 3rd tight end and fullnback.

Instead of Moats i would rather brandon sharpe from texas tech, apart from this i love it.

Comment

I like it, especially the Walton pick. It could be argued that we'd be in a great position to get Pouncey with that Marshall pick, but I like your setup with Benn and then getting Walton. Solid mock :salute!:

Comment

very solid mock,

Comment

I like it:salute!:

If Pouncey were available with our second 1st round pick then I would rather choose him (then take Damian Williams in the 2nd) instead of drafting Benn.

Comment

I like it except the Walton pick he just has bust written all over him

Comment

i agree i like this one, i could live with that

Comment

Originally posted by 15thebeast View Post
                I like it except the Walton pick he just has bust written all over him
                Why is that? He is one of the safest picks in the draft IMO.

Comment

I'm all for Odrick in the first round but it's wishful thinking we'll get a pick between 20-32 for Marshall. I think many on the forum are belatedly coming round to liklihood we'll get a 2nd round at best for Marshall and maybe a conditional 3rd or 4th in 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                    Why is that? He is one of the safest picks in the draft IMO.
                    he is not very agile or big and on tape i just don't see anything to even think about spending a second round pick on him, Eric Olsen from Notre Dame is a better prospect plus he is more suited to our offence then Walton, i would rather spend a second round pick on Olsen

Comment

he is not very agile or big and on tape i just don't see anything to even think about spending a second round pick on him, Eric Olsen from Notre Dame is a better prospect plus he is more suited to our offence then Walton, i would rather spend a second round pick on Olsen
                      On tape? I doubt you actually watch coaches tape.

Olsen is almost the exact same size as Walton

Olsen: 6'4 306
                      Walton: 6'3 300

And Olsen is likely to go in the 5th - 6th round and is nowhere near as polished was Walton, we'd be crazy to take him in the 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                        On tape? I doubt you actually watch coaches tape.

Olsen is almost the exact same size as Walton

Olsen: 6'4 306
                        Walton: 6'3 300

And Olsen is likely to go in the 5th - 6th round and is nowhere near as polished was Walton, we'd be crazy to take him in the 2nd.
                        I watch highlights and i look out for prospects and Walton is seriously overrated and it does not matter where pundits rank players its where coaches rank them, We took Mcbath last year in the second who was considered a 6th, Olsen fits a position of need is experienced in our type of offence, protected one of the top quarterbacks this year giving up one sack in the process, he is also a stronger and more agile then Walton, as well as more versatile he can play guard and centre

Comment

I watch highlights and i look out for prospects and Walton is seriously overrated and it does not matter where pundits rank players its where coaches rank them, We took Mcbath last year in the second who was considered a 6th, Olsen fits a position of need is experienced in our type of offence, protected one of the top quarterbacks this year giving up one sack in the process, he is also a stronger and more agile then Walton, as well as more versatile he can play guard and centre
                          McBath was definitely not rated in the 6th round.

And yes, Olsen may be stronger than Walton, but he isn't more agile. The biggest knock on him is that he isn't particularly quick or nimble and forgets to move his feet a lot of the time while blocking.

Walton is the best prospect at OC behind Pouncey and for good reason. Besides, we could always just land Walton in the 2nd/3rd and Olsen in the 6th and let them go at it in camp.

Comment

i definitely like this mock.

Comment

I like the mock. It's hard to pick it apart and come away feeling like we wouldn't leave the draft as a better team. I would, however, express some personal opinions and some possible replacements.

Jared Odrick: I do like the Odrick pick, as I'm sure you know after my post in the Odrick thread last night. He offers us extreme upside, and he also has the opportunity to come in and learn and develop his technique rather than simply being thrust into a starting role in which we would absolutely rely on him.

Arrelious Benn: I do like Benn as a football player. He still has a lot of untapped potential, and he has shown extreme flashes of playmaking ability. But, if this pick is going to be in the 20's, at this point we might assume that Demaryius Thomas will still be around. In my opinion, Thomas, once he grasps route-running, very well could end up being the best WR from this draft. He's got no character issues, and he's the closest thing to a well-rounded WR in the draft. He produced crazy numbers with a RB playing QB (Nesbitt), and in a triple-option offense.

JD Walton: I have no problem whatsoever with this pick. We get the 2nd best Center prospect in this draft, and he will have every chance to come in and start either at Center or Guard, depending on his grasp of the playbook, and of course his play. Would love the pick, addresses a huge need, and does offer versatility.

Montario Hardesty: I do like Hardesty as well. His injury woes really should throw up a red flag, though. They were knee injuries, and apart from last season, he really never had to shoulder the load, and still accrued the injuries. That worries me. In my opinion, a guy who could be around in the 3rd, and would represent a fantastic running mate with Moreno, would be Ben Tate. He showed really great speed for a guy his size, and he's always been known as an incredibly tough runner. He also showed some nice ball-catching ability. I actually consider Ben Tate to be in the same mold of a guy like Michael Turner.

Mitch Petrus: I don't see McD taking him. I do think he will be a solid NFL Guard, but McD always stresses being a cerebral athlete when he makes his acquisitions. Personally, I like John Jerry a lot, and he very well could last into the 4th, or at least to a spot in the 4th in which we could move up and acquire him. He's got great size, and he very well could come in and compete with Seth Olsen (presumably) for a starting role. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he were the selection somewhere in the draft for us, and if he came in and was a starter Week 1.

Arthur Moats: I would like to see a CB with some good upside here. Possibly a guy that could possibly slip like Jerome Murphy. I think teams could be turned off by Murphy's up-and-down play at USF, and also his personal foul issues. I still like Murphy a ton as a prospect who just needs time to gain some better technique. I like his mentality as a hard-nosed football player, something that is hard to find in a corner today. If he were to slip into the 4th, I would love the pick.

I would like to see a guy like George Selvie added in the 5th (move up) or the 6th if he's still around. The guys got talent, he's simply faded over the past couple years due to teams game planning around him. I think he could really do some great things as a rush OLB, and potentially give us some high-upside depth behind Doom and Ayers.

Overall, I like the draft. Great job.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X