KWHIT's Easter mock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWHIT's Easter mock!

I haven't done a mock in awhile and felt it was time, so without further ado;

I'm not sure what is going to happen with Brandon Marshall, but I think this could be a very realistic scenario;

We trade WR Brandon Marshall to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for thier 2nd rounder (#35) and a conditional 2011 3rd rounder (which could be a 2nd rounder depending on performance)

Draft

Round 1. (#11) WR Dez Bryant (Okla. St.) 6'2" 224 lbs.
    This is the only pick that makes sense to me, especially if we move Marshall. Bryant has his flaws, he showed up to his private workout out of shape but come on, this kid is a friggin beast and will be a star in the NFL. To me, he brings everything Marshall brings to the table but with more of a vertical threat. I would rather keep Marshall but if we do in fact move him I want Bryant, enough said!

Round 2. (#35) WR Demaryius Thomas (Ga. Tech) 6'3" 224 lbs.
    I know everyone thinks he is a lock to be a 1st rounder, well I say, based on what? Every site I've been on has him ranked in the 30-50 range and he is coming off an injury which may drop his stock some. He will be available with this pick, and if he is then why not take another WR, imagine him and Bryant coming up together with Royal working the slot for years to come, this would be unbelievable and make even Brady Quinn look good!

Round 2. (#45) OT Vladimir Ducasse (UMASS) 6'5" 332 lbs.
    We are rumored to have alot of interest in him and this is about where he should go. Ducasse is a perfect youngster to groom for a starting line spot. I say start him out backing up at guard this year and hope that by 2011 he takes over either one of the giard spots or Harris' spot if he leaves!

Round 3. (#80) ILB Brandon Spikes (Florida) 6'3" 250 lbs.
    This is a pick based on the fact that McDaniels cannot believe he is still available and he fills a need. I know most around here don't like Spikes but he is the perfect TED backer for our scheme and I see no reason why he couldn't come right in and start, or at least contribute on ST's!

Round 4. (#114) G Mitch Petrus (Ark.) 6'3" 310 lbs.
    Another guy to beef up the o-line. Petrus should be able to play all 3 interior o-line spots and gives us another option at center as he should be able to be groomed at that spot. A good value pick at this point!

Round 6. DT Corey Peters (Kentucky) 6'3" 300 lbs.
    A good young body to add to the d-line. I think he may fit in as a DE in our D.

Round 7. CB Jamar Wall (Texas Tech) 5'10" 204 lbs.
    A good project as a CB and definately a great option on ST's, Wall is physical and likes to hit people, he would be a great add in the 7th round!

This draft would fill all of our needs, and I would be very happy with it! :salute!:

Boooooooooooo

Comment

CP just for having the balls to post a mock with 2 WR in first 2 rounds of draft.

That is all I am saying...

Comment

You really do believe in the Easter bunny

Comment

Love it!!! I wish there were a running back somewhere in the mix though.

Comment

Love it and hate it. The idea of adding two WRs whom are thought to have a lot of PROtential to become elite WRs is a great idea however we have other needs that should be filled in rd 2. WR in first is good but not back to back rounds. With the 2 picks in the 2nd we should add Center and LB or is Kareem Jackson was there I would add him at CB. With 2 picks in the second assuming we draft WR at #11 no way we should draft WR again until the 4th.
            Twitter: @FFB_Hitman88

Comment

I like the players, but it fails to address arguably our biggest need. Who would be our starting center if things played out this way?

Comment

Hate it... The people of Denver would start a very large riot and probably go after McDaniels with pitchforks, haha.

Nice effort though.

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                  I like the players, but it fails to address arguably our biggest need. Who would be our starting center if things played out this way?
                  McDaniels has said he'd be comfortable with Olsen at center. Also, Mitch Petrus can play both guard and center - he's been working out at center during visits.

Comment

Originally posted by ramanboy33 View Post
                    McDaniels has said he'd be comfortable with Olsen at center. Also, Mitch Petrus can play both guard and center - he's been working out at center during visits.
                    He also said that Olsen would get every opportunity to win the starting LG spot. Olsen reportedly struggled badly at center during practice last season. Maybe Petrus can play some center...but he couldn't start from day one. Bank on us drafting Pouncey (round 1), Walton (round 2), or Tennant (round 3) and starting them as rookies.

Comment

I think that'd be a great draft for you guys... Taking care of the O-line and getting big play makers on O and not completely ignoring the D.

Comment

So people are telling me that they'd be upset with this draft? Wow, if you can find a more explosive offense in the league than one that would boast Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Eddie Royal, and Knowshon Moreno I will officially step down as the Mock Master of the Universe!

P.S. This draft absolutely addresses ever other need as well. Petrus can play Center probably as good as Walton but I expect Russ Hochstein or Seth Olsen to start this year. Ducasse fills a major hole on the o-line. Spikes is exactly what we need at Ted backer, and the toher guys fit in well too.

Comment

I'd be excited but slightly worried.

Comment

I like it man! Two WRs in the first round is for sure something I've never seen in a mock before, but I wouldn't complain. I'm still unsure about Dez after his pro day, but if he can step on the field and bring it than it's fine by me. I am also a huge fan of Ducaase and that'd be a great pick for us. I don't know if Spikes will fall to 80, although after his eye-gouging incident I could see it being possible. Nice mock man! :salute!:

Comment

I like it, but Walton over Ducasse in the 2nd.
                              sigpic
                              St. Louis Rams GM

Comment

Working...
                              X