New Jared Odrick report.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jared Odrick report.....

I know Charlie Brown is hell bent on Safety, but after Shaun Rogers tried to take a fully loaded, cocked gun, albeit on safety onto an airplane, Cleveland has a need for DE now.

Cleveland Browns' new possible draft target: Penn State lineman Jared Odrick
    By Tony Grossi, The Plain Dealer

April 05, 2010, 11:39AM

JOE HERMITT, The Patriot-News Penn State's Jared Odrick is well-suited for end in the Browns' 3-4 defense.

CLEVELAND -- The new name to watch as a contender for the Browns' first draft choice is Penn State defensive lineman Jared Odrick.

"He's a guy who's gained significant traction on NFL draft boards and the Browns are right on him," said a league source.

The Browns have worked out Odrick privately and also plan to bring him to Berea before the draft.

Odrick is 6-5 and weighs 304 pounds and possesses long arms and big hands. He played inside in Penn State's four-man line but is considered a perfect end in the Browns' 3-4 defense.

"You're talking a defensive lineman that does not have any fat on him," said the source. "He's all muscle. He's a tailor-made Patriots type of player. Richard Seymour-type. He's perfect for what the Browns do on their defensive line."

Evidently the Patriots see a bit of Seymour, their former star lineman, in Odrick. They have been on his trail for weeks. But they draft 22nd and know that Odrick will be long gone.

Once considered a borderline first-round pick, Odrick is one of eight players invited by the NFL to attend the April 22-24 draft in New York City.

Since the Browns acquired Philadelphia cornerback Sheldon Brown last week, it has been assumed that they now can rivet their attention to acquiring Tennessee safety Eric Berry with the No. 7 overall pick. The source believes that Berry remains a consideration with Earl Thomas of Texas, but Odrick would be the choice because he would have a bigger impact than either safety.

Browns General Manager Tom Heckert consistently has stated his belief that elite teams are built on the offensive and defensive lines.

Odrick makes sense for the Browns because their starting ends in 2009 both are over 30. Kenyon Coleman turns 31 this month and Robaire Smith is 33.

Also, nose tackle Shaun Rogers' future is uncertain after he was arrested last week at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport for trying to board an airplane with a loaded gun. Moving Rogers to end was a possibility before the incident.

=========================

Thoughts? MUG? Charlie?

I know I am sweating a little bit. Williams could be gone at 5 and Odrick gone at 7. Clausen will no doubt make a Rogers freefall, (should be Bradford instead imo). Draft is definitely gonna be drama filled.

God D***** I hate when MUG is right. Pretty sure he called the fact that Odrick was going to gain steam coming into the latter days before the draft.
    New England Patriots GM

Comment

It's interesting to see how Morgan and Pierre Paul seem to be falling out of good graces while Odrick and Williams just keep rising.

Definitely legitimate option at 11 now.

I'm starting to hope we can move back in the 1st though, target Pouncey and a WR like Benn...
      Last edited by DishWater; 04-05-2010, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DishWater View Post
        It's interesting to see how Morgan and Pierre Paul seem to be falling out of good graces while Odrick and Williams just keep rising.

I starting to hope we can move back in the 1st though, target Pouncey and a WR like Benn...
        I would love us to trade back and target Pouncey...Benn on the other hand I would not be happy with. I'm happy Pierre Paul is falling. I have never been high on him.
        New England Patriots GM

Comment

If both Dan Williams and Jared Odrick are taken in the top 10, that means Eric Berry would probably be available to us unless someone trades up to get him. I won't be frustrated at all if we get Berry. Joe Haden would also be an interesting possibility.
          sigpic

Comment

I wonder how Odrick rising affects Williams in the draft. Everyone and their mothers, including me, has him going to the Chiefs, but all you hear about these days is Berry or a LT. In that case would Williams make the fall to 11?

Teams like Miami and apparently Cleveland have a DE need. 7-13 could get shaken up...

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
              If both Dan Williams and Jared Odrick are taken in the top 10, that means Eric Berry would probably be available to us unless someone trades up to get him. I won't be frustrated at all if we get Berry. Joe Haden would also be an interesting possibility.
              If Dan Williams and Jared Odrick go before Eric Berry I am going to be severly disappointed in some NFL GM's...and giddy as hell if he falls to us....and then once again disappointed when McDaniels passes on him also.
              New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by DishWater View Post

I starting to hope we can move back in the 1st though, target Pouncey and a WR like Benn...
                Teams are seeing JPP as what he is and that is Vernon Gholston, a 1 trick pony with 1 season under his belt. Risk is too high for a win now league.

Morgan is strictly a 43 DE so that hurts his value and drops him in the draft.

Comment

damn well maybe berry will fall to us or haden

those are really the only 2 other than d williams and j odrick that i would want to take in the first
                  sigpic
                  -------

Comment

Jared Odrick is currently #2 on my board for guys i want the Broncos to draft at #11... The dude is an absolute machine who NEVER quits on a play untill the whistle is blown. I really hope someone doesn't reach and pick him up before we get our shot.

I love me some Odrick and i know McDaniels does as well. He is the perfect candidate for a prospect Josh goes after.

But with that said, if Jared goes in the top 10 it will almost certainly push a legitimate top prospect to our pick. Someone like Berry would be awesome to nab.

Comment

I would be so disappointed if Cleveland took Odrick at 8

I agree with SBboundBRONCOS, if that happens I would go with Berry or Haden. Probably Haden just since CB is a bigger need than S IMO.

Comment

Smith and Coleman are decent starters.

The same cannot be said about Elam and Poteat.
                        Last edited by Charlie Brown; 04-05-2010, 01:02 PM.
                        The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                          So then, what happens to Rubin?

You suggesting that the Browns trade Rubin too?
                          Odrick would play DE in the Brown's 3-4, not NT...

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                            Odrick would play DE in the Brown's 3-4, not NT...
                            Who knows maybe if you squint your eyes it will look like he added 10 lbs. Still 10 lbs. is not much of a difference to be a NT but your right if they draft him he will be a 3-4 DE
                            2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                              Who knows maybe if you squint your eyes it will look like he added 10 lbs. Still 10 lbs. is not much of a difference to be a NT but your right if they draft him he will be a 3-4 DE
                              It's more about height than weight, if Odrick lined up at NT it would be much easier for guards/centers to get leverage on him due to his height (6'5"). Most 3-4 teams want their nose tackles between 6'2" and 6'3".

Comment

Working...
                              X