No announcement yet.

New Jared Odrick report.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There have been reports about Odrick and Cleveland for a few weeks now. I still think Cleveland takes Eric Berry, or maybe even Jimmy Clausen. I don't think they would take Odrick. If they do, that would suck for us.

I scouted Odrick during the season, so I knew his potential. I didn't understand some of the hate on him because he was a Penn State D-lineman. The guy has zero flaws as a 5 tech. If Tyson Jackson can go #3 Overall, and Odrick is much superior, he's a great pick early for somebody.

I still think he makes it to #11 though, and I believe we will draft him. Cleveland is a little worrisome, but my biggest fear is my long predicted declaration of doom when we lost the coin flip with Jacksonville of a team trading up to leap us and snag a key player we want.

Comment

I would love odrick with 11. However I beleive when we are on the clock and odrich is there this is what will happen.

The denver broncos have traded the #11 overall pick and the #80 overall pick to the new england patriots for the #22 overalll pick, the #44 overall pick and the #53.

This way new england gets odrcik to replace the loss of seymour. They get a third round pick which they did not have. And they are also still left with three picks inside the first three rounds ang get the play they most want.

This way we end up with more picks. It leaves us with still a spot in the first to address the oline. 3 picks in the second which to me would be a dream. However we dont have a pick in the fifth or the third. We would have 7 picks and i would still love to trade tony scheffler aswell. Our picks:

#22:
      #44:
      #45:
      #53:
      #114:
      #183:
      #220:

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
        I would love odrick with 11. However I beleive when we are on the clock and odrich is there this is what will happen.

The denver broncos have traded the #11 overall pick and the #80 overall pick to the new england patriots for the #22 overalll pick, the #44 overall pick and the #53.

This way new england gets odrcik to replace the loss of seymour. They get a third round pick which they did not have. And they are also still left with three picks inside the first three rounds ang get the play they most want.

This way we end up with more picks. It leaves us with still a spot in the first to address the oline. 3 picks in the second which to me would be a dream. However we dont have a pick in the fifth or the third. We would have 7 picks and i would still love to trade tony scheffler aswell. Our picks:

#22:
        #44:
        #45:
        #53:
        #114:
        #183:
        #220:

It's certainly possible, but I struggle with why we would give up such an elite and rare prospect as Odrick. Prototype 3-4 Defensive Ends don't grow on trees, and even fewer have legitimate impact potential on all four downs. Why don't we just get our own Seymour?

Comment

Because i say we need Oline. Whether it is mike iupati or maurkice pouncey. I dont beleive that seth olsen could play centre. Well sure he could but I think we need a true pure centre. Then if he is gone then i think you could take iupati and then JD walton in the second. Then with the other picks in this situation that i mentioned you could go DLINE. Either lamarr houston or tyson alualu who could both be elite. Also i think our DLine will be much better this year. I hope marcus thomas plays at the end and baker gets playing time. Along with the aquistitons of j williams, jarvis green and justin bannan and a draftee it could be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
            God D***** I hate when MUG is right. Pretty sure he called the fact that Odrick was going to gain steam coming into the latter days before the draft.
            i was on the odrick bandwagon in October....then people told me i was high....

i belive in this thread is where MUG and i agree on odrick the prospect...he feels his best fit as RDE as well....

people shouldnt doubt MUG......

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=153711

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
              Because i say we need Oline. Whether it is mike iupati or maurkice pouncey. I dont beleive that seth olsen could play centre. Well sure he could but I think we need a true pure centre. Then if he is gone then i think you could take iupati and then JD walton in the second. Then with the other picks in this situation that i mentioned you could go DLINE. Either lamarr houston or tyson alualu who could both be elite. Also i think our DLine will be much better this year. I hope marcus thomas plays at the end and baker gets playing time. Along with the aquistitons of j williams, jarvis green and justin bannan and a draftee it could be great.
              Personally, I think the talent drop-off for interior O-line is smaller than DE. The positional value is better in the second or third for interior OL, and I also think that the potential for early impact is higher there than it is for DL. Odrick and Walton makes me tear up a bit. Pouncey and Alualu, not as much. It could work out just as well, but would probably take longer and is a longer shot. I could be happy with either pairing, but I'd prefer the former.

My dream would be to wrangle up a second 2nd rounder and get both Walton and Vladimir Ducasse in addition to Odrick. Unfortunately, the only two ways I can think to do that would be to either trade Marshall or to trade back in the first. Trading Marshall means I'd like to see a WR in the second round, and trading back means we have 0 chance of getting Odrick.

Originally posted by elevation INC View Post
              i was on the odrick bandwagon in October....then people told me i was high....

i belive in this thread is where MUG and i agree on odrick the prospect...he feels his best fit as RDE as well....

people shouldnt doubt MUG......
              I gave that up a long time ago.
              Last edited by Broncos Bassist; 04-06-2010, 04:03 AM. Reason: Added the 2nd round stuff.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X