• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob Sims won't be a Bronco.

From PFT:

Lions acquire Rob Sims in trade with Seahawks
    Posted by Michael David Smith on April 5, 2010 1:05 PM ET
    Rob Sims is heading to Detroit.

Sims, a guard who recently signed his restricted free agent tender with the Seahawks, has been traded to the Lions. Adam Schefter first reported the news on Twitter.

The trade is no surprise; the new Seahawks coaching staff had said Sims wasn't in their long-term plans, and we noted yesterday that Sims was likely to be traded to either the Lions or Bears this week.

In 2009 the 26-year-old Sims started 14 games for the Seahawks. In 2010 he's likely to be the starting left guard for the Lions.

UPDATE: Schefter reports that Detroit will send a fifth-round pick to Seattle.
    That throws a hitch in the giddy-up of those that hoped he may be part of a BMarsh trade.
    Never argue with an idiot...he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Laugh...and the whole world laughs with you!
    Laugh like a lunatic for no apparent reason...and they'll leave you alone!

"Why are you cutting?"
    "Hey man. Why are you 300 pounds?"
    Howard Griffith to Levon Kirkland - 1997 AFC Championship
    sigpic

we should have given that up for him
    sigpic
    -------

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
      How? we don't have a fifth this year IIRC
      sigpic

Comment

Darn, i really wanted him too... Our offensive line is looking pretty terrible right about now.

Comment

Hey folks.......we can't go out and acquire every single decent dude who is available. Sure, some of them look interesting, but it's better to have a solid plan than bounce around every time a player can be dealed for. I am sure they assessed the potential for getting Sims, but must have decided he wasn't a priority.

Lots of time left. I believe we have 4 of the 5 oline positions spoken for, with one more coming in the draft, by 2nd round. But watch for a 2nd oliner in the draft as well.

Comment

I still like Kuper and Hochstein, Not to mention we can get 2 good G/C in the draft. Personally though I want a more experienced Center. Pouncey is essentially a less experienced Andre Gurode I wish he was on the trade block.
            2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

I didn't have him involved in any Marshall trade. I just wanted the Broncos to give up our 4th for him.

Comment

Unbelievable.... Rob Sims for a 5th round pick, purely unbelievable....
                Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

We'd have to acquire a 5th round pick to do that!

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
                    Unbelievable.... Rob Sims for a 5th round pick, purely unbelievable....
                    I got to say I agree I would have thought a 4th but not a 5th. Also it was a sign and trade which was unexpected. I must say though its about time the Lions actually realized no matter who you have at QB or WR it doesnt matter if you have no o-line.

We can draft Eric Olsen if we really need a guard but we dont because Hochstein and Kuper may not be better then Sims but they are still top Guards.
                    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 04-05-2010, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                      I got to say I agree I would have thought a 4th but not a 5th. Also it was a sign and trade which was unexpected. I must say though its about time the Lions actually realized no matter who you have at QB or WR it doesnt matter if you have no o-line.

We can draft Eric Olsen if we really need a guard but we dont because Hochstein and Kuper may not be better then Sims but they are still top Guards.
                      You are forgetting about Seth Olsen (LG, 4th round pick out of Iowa last year). McDaniels has said that he'll get the first shot to lock down the left guard vacancy. Ideally Hochstein will only see the field as an extra lineman on the goal line.

LT- Clady
                      LG- Olsen
                      OC- ????
                      RG- Kuper
                      RT- Harris

IMO we are set at 4 of 5 spots. We need to come away from the draft with one of the top 3 centers (Pouncey, Walton, or Tennant).

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                        You are forgetting about Seth Olsen (LG, 4th round pick out of Iowa last year). McDaniels has said that he'll get the first shot to lock down the left guard vacancy. Ideally Hochstein will only see the field as an extra lineman on the goal line.

LT- Clady
                        LG- Olsen
                        OC- ????
                        RG- Kuper
                        RT- Harris

IMO we are set at 4 of 5 spots. We need to come away from the draft with one of the top 3 centers (Pouncey, Walton, or Tennant).
                        Agreed and I like Seth Olsen more then Hochstein but Hochstein did good last year when we needed him. I just dont know how good Olsen is since I didnt see him much last year. Everyone is down on Kuper because he seemed to struggle with the change but it didnt help him we had no power C. He went to ND which ran a power blocking scheme.

I honestly like Eric Olsen better then Tennant or Walton but thats just because he is versatile. I think he is underrated if we cant get Pouncey Ild love to have him. He only allowed 1 sack last year with basically no G's worth mentioning at his side

Comment

C is our only question mark on OL.

No worries, it will be addressed before the end of the second day.

Comment

i am so angry right now. I didnt have him with a marshall trade i wanted to give up a 4th for him.

Comment

I agree,he is worth a 5th,i would have pulled the string on that.Maybe McDaniels is putting together multiple picks to move up,and needs his 5th.The problem is,we dont have a 5th.

Comment

Working...
                              X