hey Broncos Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey Broncos Fans

Quick question with the trade rumors of marshall going around and the release of davis and now im reading you guys need a Center what's the most glaring need with your first pick cause in my mock at your spot i have dez bryant already off the board, but Rolando Mc clain will be there and definitely pouncy as well as golden tate. who is the consensus pick for you guys ?

If we dont trade down McClain is probably the pick.

Comment

Originally posted by giants10 View Post
      Quick question with the trade rumors of marshall going around and the release of davis and now im reading you guys need a Center what's the most glaring need with your first pick cause in my mock at your spot i have dez bryant already off the board, but Rolando Mc clain will be there and definitely pouncy as well as golden tate. who is the consensus pick for you guys ?
      Jared Odrick out of Penn St. seems most likely at this point. He'd be a great fit as a 3-4 DE. If he's gone I would rather reach for Pouncey than draft McClain (even with Davis gone I do not believe ILB is a big enough need to justify using a 1st round pick on it).

What about the Giants trading up with us to grab McClain? I've heard some rumors that would suggest that as a possibility.

Comment

Do the guy a favor.

Originally posted by Bipolar_Broncos View Post
        If we dont trade down McClain is probably the pick.
        He asked for a consensus.

The only consensus around here is that there is none.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

If the Broncos stay put, it will be McClain or Dan Williams.

If they trade back, it could be for Pouncey or Iuapati.

General concensus on the boards is that we could go in about a half dozen directions with our first pick.
          sigpic

Adopted Posters:
          Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
          Adopted By:
          Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
          Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
            He asked for a consensus.

The only consensus around here is that there is none.
            The consensus pick on most mock drafts is McClain. Check them out.

http://www.hailredskins.com/MockDraft.htm

Comment

Welcome to the Boards!

There is really little consensus around here. Some people really want Bryant, but even if he's available I dont see us taking him.

McClain is certainly an option, but I think we pass on him, he seems a little overrated in my opinion.

Center is our most glaring need, but again, no one I see is worth the 11th pick.

Right now, I think Dan Williams and Jared Odrick would be the way to go. We did sign guys so far to fill up our Dline, but behind them we dont have alot of depth. They both are clearly top 15 talent and worth the 11th pick.

Really, we just have to wait and see how teams pick in front of us, but my money is on either Williams or Odrick based on their value for us at that spot.

I assume the Giants will look at a LB or DT?
              A book I wrote

Comment

Yeah we need a Mlb or DT, im telling my fellow giants fans that Mc clain wont be there for us at 15 and if he's not then were looking at Spoon but he's not a prototypical middle backer for us he's undersized more of a Will backer or ILB in a 3-4 system not a field general like what we need at 4-3 MLB . so i think we get the best DT available if Mc clain is not there cause thought you guys were gonna take Mc clain ahead of us.

Comment

Yeah we need a Mlb or DT, im telling my fellow giants fans that Mc clain wont be there for us at 15 and if he's not then were looking at Spoon but he's not a prototypical middle backer for us he's undersized more of a Will backer or ILB in a 3-4 system not a field general like what we need at 4-3 MLB . so i think we get the best DT available if Mc clain is not there cause thought you guys were gonna take Mc clain ahead of us.
                  I really don't think we are interested in McClain. We have Mario Haggan moving inside (who is a team captain that started at OLB last season), and I think the coaches have confidence in him.

We probably will draft an ILB at some point, but we need a 2-down "thumper". I just think drafting a player in the 1st round that is only gonna play slightly more than half of all defensive snaps is a waste.

Most people on this board will probably say McClain is likely, but I (and many others who follow the draft very closely) think that Jared Odrick is a fairly safe bet to go to us at 11.

Comment

IDK about all that. Being a Missouri fan I knew this since last year, but scouts
                    are starting to come out of the woodwork claiming to love Spoon's personality
                    and say that think he is one of the better leaders coming into the draft. He motivates,
                    directs, and controls his team on the field and off, I really think he's going to be
                    good in the NFL.

That being said, you are right about being a better fit at Will.
                    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                      I really don't think we are interested in McClain. We have Mario Haggan moving inside (who is a team captain that started at OLB last season), and I think the coaches have confidence in him.

We probably will draft an ILB at some point, but we need a 2-down "thumper". I just think drafting a player in the 1st round that is only gonna play slightly more than half of all defensive snaps is a waste.

Most people on this board will probably say McClain is likely, but I (and many others who follow the draft very closely) think that Jared Odrick is a fairly safe bet to go to us at 11.
                      sounds like an intelligent pick, if what you said about your ILB position is true then odrick will solidify that D-front, i as well am watching the draft closely which is why im here just gathering info. but if you take Odrick then your most likely looking at Matt tennant as your second right cause i doubt highly pouncey will be there at 2-13 for you guys. or you could look into K. Mawae from the titans

Comment

sounds like an intelligent pick, if what you said about your ILB position is true then odrick will solidify that D-front, i as well am watching the draft closely which is why im here just gathering info. but if you take Odrick then your most likely looking at Matt tennant as your second right cause i doubt highly pouncey will be there at 2-13 for you guys. or you could look into K. Mawae from the titans
                        Yeah if we went with Odrick in round 1 then center would be our next pick. I rank Walton ahead of Tennant, but if we pass on Pouncey we need to end up with one of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
                          IDK about all that. Being a Missouri fan I knew this since last year, but scouts
                          are starting to come out of the woodwork claiming to love Spoon's personality
                          and say that think he is one of the better leaders coming into the draft. He motivates,
                          directs, and controls his team on the field and off, I really think he's going to be
                          good in the NFL.

That being said, you are right about being a better fit at Will.
                          oh no doubt he is a emotional and vocal leader and thats what i like the most about him. my team is down on leaders and if he runs a 4.6 at 239 if he can bulk up to 250 and keep his speed then i would honestly take him over Mc Clain. the reason why i called Mc clain a field general is cause he knows how to direct traffic well and has fast read and react speed plus in a nick saban defense he called the Auds. and kills.

Comment

hey den615 i have Dan williams available for you guys at your 1st pick do you still take Odrick over Williams?

Comment

hey den615 i have Dan williams available for you guys at your 1st pick do you still take Odrick over Williams?
                              No We take Dan Williams all day, but he won't be there.
                              sigpic
                              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Working...
                              X