No announcement yet.

If Lombardi is right - who do we pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Lombardi is right - who do we pick?

This is in my opinion, one of the most solid top 10 mock drafts i've ssen so far.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...mock-draft-1-1

It goes like this:

1. Bradford
    2. Suh
    3. McCoy
    4. Okung
    5. Berry
    6. Spiller
    7. Clausen
    8. Trent Williams
    9. Dan Williams
    10. Jason Pierre-Paul

Of course. There is still room for disagreement, but it is well argumented and very plausible i think.

So...if this happens - who do we pick?

Vote in the poll above - if you want to trade down select 'Someone else'
    Rolando McClain, ILB
    25.58%
    Jared Odrick, DT
    16.28%
    Brian Bulaga, OT
    4.65%
    Dez Bryant, WR
    18.60%
    Joe Haden, CB
    7.75%
    Earl Thomas, S
    1.55%
    Mike Iupati, G
    3.10%
    Maurkice Pouncey, C
    15.50%
    Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB
    2.33%
    Someone else
    4.65%
    Last edited by jgod654; 04-10-2010, 04:44 AM.
    sigpic

We need a center as badly as any other position

I have a feeling that Pouncey is being targeted by the Broncos. For me it is a toss up between Pouncey and McClain if they are still available when it's our turn to pick.
    Last edited by Blitzmaster; 04-10-2010, 03:08 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

in that situation, I'd like to trade down and still pick up Pouncey. 11th is still too far of a reach for a Center, so trading down with the Giants, who could be looking at Rolando would net us an extra pick and still give us Pouncey (before the Steelers)

Comment

Originally posted by Ahrum View Post
        in that situation, I'd like to trade down and still pick up Pouncey. 11th is still too far of a reach for a Center, so trading down with the Giants, who could be looking at Rolando would net us an extra pick and still give us Pouncey (before the Steelers)
        Agreed!!! But if Jimmy falls to eleven we should take him and move orton for a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Comment

Baluga is interesting, he could be a great guard and be a stud RT if we can't re-sign Harris in 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by jgod654 View Post
            This is in my opinion, one of the most solid top 10 mock drafts i've ssen so far.

It goes like this:

1. Bradford
            2. Suh
            3. McCoy
            4. Okung
            5. Berry
            6. Spiller
            7. Clausen
            8. Trent Williams
            9. Dan Williams
            10. Jason Pierre-Paul

Of course. There is still room for disagreement, but it is well argumented and very plausible i think.

As far as the draft itself goes, I do not see any way the Seahawks pass on Clausen or an OT for a RB that is has close to the same skillset as Forsett, it just makes no sense. Clausen will be the pick at 6 and I don't think Buffalo goes DT at 9 either, but that is just me I guess!

Comment

It's a pretty good ...

... top ten by a guy who knows his way around. Casserly seemed to concur with it as did Charles Davis.

The big recent development is Jimmy Clausen's workout at South Bend and the rise of his stock. His timing is good. He'll have a physical(s) in Indy next week, I think.

It's starting to look like Clausen won't make it out of the top ten. Cleveland looks like a possibility.

Trent Williams to the Raiders would be good pick for them. The Jason Pierre-Paul to Jacksonville pick makes sense insofar as Lombardi et al. are in contact with NFL people on a regular basis.

Given this scenario, whom do the Broncos pick?

The big question is how much more highly they regard Maurkice Pouncey as compared to JD Walton, Matt Tennant, Eric Olsen, etc. If the Broncos really like Pouncey, they have to take him at #11 because it seems likely he won't make it to the second round.

If the Broncos have targeted another C besides Pouncey, then maybe they will pick Jared Odrick. I doubt if they would select Mike Iupati, but I didn't think they would take Moreno last year either.

With less than two weeks left moves can still be made.

I also doubt if the Broncos will take Dez Bryant or Rolando McClain.

Unless trades and a reshuffle of draft order occurs, it looks like Pouncey or Odrick either of which would be fine.

In the event Jimmy Clausen makes it out of the top ten, the Broncos should probably take him at #11. I, however, doubt if that will happen.
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I am guessing that Claussen makes the free fall ala Rogers and Quinn. He might go in the mid 20's if he isn't picked up early.

One scout (cant remember his name) commented after his workout that he looks like he have reached his physical potential to get where he is and might be at his ceiling. That isn't a glowing review.

I would love either Pouncy or McClain in this draft.
                sigpic

Comment

I have a few thoughts on this, which is simply based on the ebbs and flows of late:

- Clausen will be a top 10 pick
                  - We will try to work a deal to trade down for Pouncey

OR

- We may have a shot at a stud who accidentally slips a little (I feel we will have some nice choices at 11, because of the Clausen surge, and at least one other surprise).

Comment

Originally posted by jgod654 View Post

It goes like this:

1. Bradford
                    2. Suh
                    3. McCoy
                    4. Okung
                    5. Berry
                    6. Spiller
                    7. Clausen
                    8. Trent Williams
                    9. Dan Williams
                    10. Jason Pierre-Paul

I think okung goes to the lions, they need a dominant young tackle to protect there franchise QB who took 53 sacks last year they just cant let that happen
                    A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

This is the part that kills me...I wish we would have never given up our first to Seattle last year so we could aquire Phonzy. Because there is soooo much talent this year. But it is what it is...

Personally, I would like to see Iupati next to Clady. I think that would be an awesome tandem, and it would really open up our running game, and define our pass protection. But I'm also on the Bryan Bulaga bandwagon, and I would love to see another OT with his caliber on our team! But then I'm also all about Rolando McClain!!!!

Good Lord....what I am gonna do?

Comment

Fantastic! For once a poll that is all over the place!

Right now its McClain vs. Pouncey.

=

Us spending FAR to much money on LBs

vs.

Us taking a Center at the highest spot it recent NFL history.

Brilliant!
                        sigpic

Comment

McClain, McClain, McClain!!! I love this guy. His size, skills and the intangibles (he's a natural leader) make him really hard to pass up. We obviously need a center but that can addressed later - with our 2nd pick.
                          "I've gone great lengths to expand my threshold of pain" - HR

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                            As far as the draft itself goes, I do not see any way the Seahawks pass on Clausen or an OT for a RB that is has close to the same skillset as Forsett, it just makes no sense. Clausen will be the pick at 6 and I don't think Buffalo goes DT at 9 either, but that is just me I guess!
                            I don't see why they'd draft Clausen when they just made the trade for Whitehurst.

Comment

I don't understand why some of the more recent mocks have Seattle taking Spiller @ 6. There aren't any teams, IMO, between 6 & 14 that NEED a RB. I see them taking an OL and still picking up Spiller @ 14.

I'm hoping Denver trades down to pick up Pouncey. However, I wouldn't be too upset if they grabbed him @ 11. I know it's a reach, but the thought of having another 10-year OL, like Clady, is very exciting. And, OL is definitely one of our more pressing needs.

Comment

Working...
                              X