No announcement yet.

D'Qwell Jackson (ILB Cleveland Browns)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D'Qwell Jackson (ILB Cleveland Browns)

D'Qwell Jackson isn't a big fan of the new Cleveland regime.

If he keeps telling people that, eventually Mike Holmgren will get sick of hearing about it.

With a dearth of real 3-4 ILB prospects in this years draft, a top notch 26-year-old might be worth an earlier pick than many suspect.

Additional, teams that run a 4-3 could look at Jackson as a possibility for MLB or WLB.

Price Tag: third/fourth-round draft pick

why not get him andre davis did well with us why not get him

Originally posted by newmexbronco View Post
    D'Qwell Jackson isn't a big fan of the new Cleveland regime.

If he keeps telling people that, eventually Mike Holmgren will get sick of hearing about it.

With a dearth of real 3-4 ILB prospects in this years draft, a top notch 26-year-old might be worth an earlier pick than many suspect.

Additional, teams that run a 4-3 could look at Jackson as a possibility for MLB or WLB.

Price Tag: third/fourth-round draft pick

why not get him andre davis did well with us why not get him
    Umm actually Andra played like a mess after about week 5. And No way will Holmgren give him up for a 3rd or a 4th round. Not a chance
    Last edited by Amari24; 04-12-2010, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
      Umm actually Andre played like a mess after about week 5. And No way will Holmgren give him up for a 3rd or a 4th round. Not a chance
      Andra Davis was actually great for us pretty much all season.

And Holmgren might do it. He shipped off their best pass rusher, Kamerion Wimbley, for a 4th rounder to Oakland.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
        Yeah I still can't wrap my head around the reason for getting rid of Andra Davis.

He was a locker-room leader, signed cheaply through 2010, well liked and respected, and played pretty well for us. He only had about 3 bad games for us IMO. He was solid, not spectacular, and I wish he wasn't released.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

And Holmgren might do it. He shipped off their best pass rusher, Kamerion Wimbley, for a 4th rounder to Oakland.
          Thats because he had Shaun Rogers and Ahtyba Rubin so why not? Who will replace Jackson if he gets shipped?

Comment

Thats because he had Shaun Rogers and Ahtyba Rubin so why not? Who will replace Jackson if he gets shipped?
            Huh? Wimbley was an OLB in their 3-4, not a DE.

Comment

Huh? Wimbley was an OLB in their 3-4, not a DE.
              I know, im talking about pass rushing. You said he was their best pass rusher on the team. They really didn't lose anything seeing as they have Shaun Rogers and Big Rubin.

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty weird he got released, he was the better ILB between him and Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                  yeah i still can't wrap my head around the reason for getting rid of andra davis.

he was a locker-room leader, signed cheaply through 2010, well liked and respected, and played pretty well for us. He only had about 3 bad games for us imo. He was solid, not spectacular, and i wish he wasn't released.
                  one word. Money! He is due a new contract in a year or two. We paid d.j. Pretty well and doom is next. Too much money to pay lb's. He was the weaker of the 3.makes sense to me

Comment

I know, im talking about pass rushing. You said he was their best pass rusher on the team. They really didn't lose anything seeing as they have Shaun Rogers and Big Rubin.
                    Just because they have players on the D-line doesn't mean they didn't lose anything by shipping off Wimbley. They now have a hole at OLB. That trade was a really weird move all around IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                      Yeah I still can't wrap my head around the reason for getting rid of Andra Davis.

He was a locker-room leader, signed cheaply through 2010, well liked and respected, and played pretty well for us. He only had about 3 bad games for us IMO. He was solid, not spectacular, and I wish he wasn't released.
                      I dont understand why he wasnt kept for depth issues
                      A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
                        Yeah, that's pretty weird he got released, he was the better ILB between him and Williams.
                        no he wasnt williams lead the team in tackles
                        A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                          no he wasnt williams lead the team in tackles
                          That doesn't make Williams better. Overall, Davis had a more solid season than Williams. Davis did however take far fewer snaps (roughly half).

Comment

Just because they have players on the D-line doesn't mean they didn't lose anything by shipping off Wimbley. They now have a hole at OLB. That trade was a really weird move all around IMO.
                            RE: Wimbley I absolutely agree-he was a force a year or so ago-I don't get it.

Comment

Yes they do have a hole but as far as pass rushing goes they don't lose much. Thats all im saying. They will probably go OLB in the draft. Eric Berry is too good to pass up if he falls though.

Comment

Working...
                              X