Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chances of Denver trading back into the first?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chances of Denver trading back into the first?

Simple question.

What would you guys think about giving up a 2nd and 3rd to move back into the late 1st round and grabbing a receiver like Tate or Benn?

I don't think either will fall to #43. I like Damian Williams but his upside is limited IMO.

Originally posted by PKchamp13 View Post
    What would you guys think about giving up a 2nd and 3rd to move back into the late 1st round
    wait... what? Use one of our 2nds and a 3rd to move back?

At any rate, I like our #11 pick, it's good value for Dan Williams (I think he'll be a great rotational player w/ J-Wall), but beyond that, I really like Damian Williams. He's smaller, but he does a good job of getting YAC and finding odd ways to get open. He's also pretty good on punt returns.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahrum View Post
      wait... what? Use one of our 2nds and a 3rd to move back?

At any rate, I like our #11 pick, it's good value for Dan Williams (I think he'll be a great rotational player w/ J-Wall), but beyond that, I really like Damian Williams. He's smaller, but he does a good job of getting YAC and finding odd ways to get open. He's also pretty good on punt returns.
      I think he's saying trade a 2nd and 3rd to get a late 1st round pick.

And I'd really rather not. This is one of the deepest WR classes in recent memory. Even if we miss out on Benn or Thomas there are still a ton of great players even in the 4th round.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
        I think he's saying trade a 2nd and 3rd to get a late 1st round pick.

And I'd really rather not. This is one of the deepest WR classes in recent memory. Even if we miss out on Benn or Thomas there are still a ton of great players even in the 4th round.
        If you're shocked by how deep the WR class is this year, wait until next year's

"Analysts" are hinting that there are 4 possible 1st round WRs in 2011

Comment

No thanks, i would like to stay put where we are and keep our picks. I want to trade back in the 1st round and get an extra 2nd or 3rd. I dont want to trade a 2nd/3rd, maybe more to get back in the 1st round. This WR class is pretty loaded so we could get someone in the 3rd or 4th if we dont get Benn, Tate, or Damian Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
            No thanks, i would like to stay put where we are and keep our picks. I want to trade back in the 1st round and get an extra 2nd or 3rd. I dont want to trade a 2nd/3rd, maybe more to get back in the 1st round. This WR class is pretty loaded so we could get someone in the 3rd or 4th if we dont get Benn, Tate, or Damian Williams.
            I would like your idea if we had a legitimate #1 receiver to groom a rookie. But I feel like we need one of the top 5 receivers in the draft who is among the most NFL ready; a guy who can step in right away and somewhat fill the gaping hole that Marshall left.

Comment

I wouldn't be opposed to it. The thought of drafting McClain at 11 and trading 43 & 45 for something between picks 17 to 20 and drafting Bryant when he has a draft day slide sounds pretty nice! Then we could use pick 80 On JD Walton! I would be absolutely stoked!!
              sigpic

Comment

I would like your idea if we had a legitimate #1 receiver to groom a rookie. But I feel like we need one of the top 5 receivers in the draft who is among the most NFL ready; a guy who can step in right away and somewhat fill the gaping hole that Marshall left.
                Marshall didn't leave a gaping hole. In the games that he was suspended in or didn't play, we didn't skip a beat. One would think that our offense was fantastic with Marshall, and pathetic without him.

I hope we can find a starting calibur guy who can step in and be one of the best options on game day, but we need to improve our OL more than we need a Marshall clone.

In my mind, it still goes (as far as need):

1. OL
                2. DL
                3. WR
                Last edited by Lomax; 04-15-2010, 01:27 AM.
                "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Simple question.

What would you guys think about giving up a 2nd and 3rd to move back into the late 1st round and grabbing a receiver like Tate or Benn?

I don't think either will fall to #43. I like Damian Williams but his upside is limited IMO.
                  Only if we're picking Pouncey

Comment

I would rather trade down from our first at 11 then trade up with our second and third. We need as many picks as we can get in my opionion. I would trade down with new england in the first and get an extra second. They want odrick and at there pick we can get pouncey/iupati.

Another trade idea which would probaly not happen but i would love was to trade our first and thrid to new england for there 1st and two of there seconds. Then I would ship Scheffler and a 7th to anyone for a thrid round pick.

This would leave us in an amazing position with 5 picks in the first two rounds.

1:
                    2:
                    2:
                    2:
                    2:
                    3:
                    4:
                    6:

Comment

The only way I'd see it happening is if someone high on the draft board slipped further than expected. Maybe if Pouncey makes it past Pittsburgh at 18 and falls into the 20s? I don't know if WR or ILB is enough of a need that we'd double dip into the 1st round for one. Well, I suppose if one of Odrick/Williams fell that far, but I figure the odds of that happening are slim to none.
                      sigpic

Comment

This is a deep draft with 50 players with 1st round grades and we already have 3 of those picks.

I think we should stay where we are at

Comment

Originally posted by 22cannon View Post
                          This is a deep draft with 50 players with 1st round grades and we already have 3 of those picks.

I think we should stay where we are at
                          This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Ahrum View Post
                            If you're shocked by how deep the WR class is this year, wait until next year's

"Analysts" are hinting that there are 4 possible 1st round WRs in 2011
                            This is exactly the reason I would like to see us pass on Bryant. In a matter of fact I wouldn't be all that upset if we didn't use one of those top 3 picks on a WR and grabbed a guy like Brandon Lafell or Carlton Mitchell in the 3rd. Julio Jones, A.J. Green, and Michael Floyd are all elite prospects with no issues, draft a project this year in the middle rounds, maybe sign a FA like Torry Holt, and fill our needs on the o-line and d-line in this draft!

Comment

I would be happy with McClain #11 just on his vision and intangibles...

BUT I think it would be BEST for the team if we traded back in the first round to get an additional 2nd rd pick and draft:

Pouncey (late 1st)

3 of these guys in the 2nd:
                              Toby Gerhart
                              Arrelious Benn
                              Sergio Kindle
                              Sean Weatherspoon
                              Damian Williams
                              Terrance Cody

May not be the sexiest picks but it would definately help us fill some major holes with good upside...

Comment

Working...
                              X