• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncoBeerClown View Post
    Terrance Cody is fat
    This is common knowledge.
    1. LB Arthur Brown Kansas State
    2. SS Dj Swearinger South Carolina

Comment

personally i believe if we dont walk away from this draft with McClain or Bryant id consider this draft a huge failure. although McClian would be my priority as there is a much bigger drop off of tallent at ILB than there is at WR. We can still get quality at 43 and 45....if bryant slips as far as everyone says he may....i wouldnt be suprised for us to trade back into the first to get both....wishful thinking uim sure..but its posible, because new england doesnt like picking in the first round, and san fran has 2 firsts, and may be willing to part with #17 after they get joe haden...idk
      sigpic
      ^^ Thnx CHARGER$ for the awesome sig.

Comment

Its getting closer and closer to draft day and I'm thinking that we are going to draft dez at 11 less and less. I mean sure hes a big talent but some issues come along and I think McD made it clear no player is bigger then the team ex. Cutler and Marshall. Even though we have a big spot at wr to fill we also have a huge whole in the middle at our d.

It seems like McClain is gonna be picked IMO. He brings a lot to a team, and we can grab a wr in the 2nd round. I even herd some sport show saying that if we go McClain in the first we could double up on wideouts in the 2nd, but that just seems sorta stupid to me.
        sigpic

Team Tebow #267

Comment

Originally posted by Endzo View Post
          It pains me to say but I don't think we should rule out Terrance Cody. McD said he still talks to Nick Saban and I'm sure Saban spoke highly of Cody.

Just food for thought.
          I agree. Ever since they signed Jamal Williams I've been thinking Cody might be high on the board. I think they are targeting both Dan Williams and Cody and will take one of them. If they could down in the first and pick up another 2nd, one of those second rounders I believe will be Cody. I think they would have to package something to move into the top 3 spots in the second round for him though since I think KC will take him at 36 if he is there.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
            He was high on everybody... We'll find out what's true or false next week
            He was high, period. Had lots of wisdom to share too!

Comment

Seems like McDaniels is very very high on Rolando McClain, which is sort of a shame.

Not that he's a bad player, but I'd much rather trade backwards and pick up Sean Weatherspoon if McDaniels really wants to go the Inner Linebacker route. I feel Weatherspoon is much more versatile than McClain and isn't a 2-down linebacker because he's a physical freak.

In any case, I still don't change my stance that we shouldn't go Inner Linebacker in the 1st, but Josh McDaniels made it clear in his press conference that he takes best player available, not based on need.
              Last edited by getlynched47; 04-16-2010, 11:35 PM.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                Seems like McDaniels is very very high on Rolando McClain, which is sort of a shame.

Not that he's a bad player, but I'd much rather trade backwards and pick up Sean Weatherspoon if McDaniels really wants to go the Inner Linebacker route. I feel Weatherspoon is much more versatile than McClain and isn't a 2-down linebacker because he's a physical freak.

In any case, I still don't change my stance that we shouldn't go Inner Linebacker in the 1st, but Josh McDaniels made it clear in his press conference that he takes best player available, not based on need.
                He is using the media as a smokescreen. He wants all the teams think he is very HIGH on Bryant and McClain. It creates a domino effect.

Teams get nervous and they will try and move ahead of Denver to grab McClain or Bryant. Denver now has the opportunity to move back with teams that covet players Miami may pick.

In the end Denver trades back and still gets Weatherspoon or your boy Benn, he isn't getting out of round 1, and adds a 2nd and/or 3rd to the lot, in which they can use to move back into round 1 or just use to add bodies.

Comment

sean lee

Why has no one mention Sean lee for ILB in the second round. He comes from Linebacker U. He would would of been a first round pick easily if he didn't get injured. He has clearly showen he is fully healthy. Now granted he isnt a pure run ILB to complement DJ in a 3-4 but wouldn't 2 DJ type players be Nice for ILB where they are well rounded. Im just sayin don't leave Sean Lee out of the conversation for ILB in the second after all he is rated higher then Spikes (who i like as well) I would just take Lee ovder Spikes in the second speacilly seeing how a well rounded ILB or two with DJ in a passs happy league would be better then a DJ well rounded and a pure run ILB. Give me LEE and DJ who are both are well rounded and keep the offense guessin speacilly in a 3-4 where keepin the O guessin is the key......!
                  I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

Originally posted by marcus_miller View Post
                    Why has no one mention Sean lee for ILB in the second round. He comes from Linebacker U. He would would of been a first round pick easily if he didn't get injured. He has clearly showen he is fully healthy. Now granted he isnt a pure run ILB to complement DJ in a 3-4 but wouldn't 2 DJ type players be Nice for ILB where they are well rounded. Im just sayin don't leave Sean Lee out of the conversation for ILB in the second after all he is rated higher then Spikes (who i like as well) I would just take Lee ovder Spikes in the second speacilly seeing how a well rounded ILB or two with DJ in a passs happy league would be better then a DJ well rounded and a pure run ILB. Give me LEE and DJ who are both are well rounded and keep the offense guessin speacilly in a 3-4 where keepin the O guessin is the key......!
                    You answered your own question.

Comment

Originally posted by coloradomedic View Post
                      You answered your own question.
                      Treu that.... I dont know the specifics of his injury to tell the truth but from what i can gather he is " fully healthy". IDK was it an injury that is reacurring? From what i hear is that he is fully rested and recovered and ready to make an impact!
                      I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

of all the things that mcdaniels has done from getting rid of jay cutler to brandon marshall and benching marshall and sheffler i have never goten angry. However if we draft mclain i will be so peed off. I want dez bryant. Like big al said 1043 the fan, we need a guy who leads with his helmet and is not an arm tackler.

Comment

For us.....is McClain to early at 11?

first let me start off by saying i think mcclain was a great player in the sec and has every chance to be just as special in the NFL...with that being said we do have a need at ILB...but with dj being our every down LB wouldnt mcclain be huge reach at 11 to be just a 2 down thumper? if thats the plan i think id rather wait until round 3 and grab spikes as he would be a much better value for a 2 down backer. thoughts?

Comment

Krieger: McClain, Pouncey or bust

sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                            Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

I'm just not as big on Pouncey as some to be. I don't think he's the right guy. Could be completely off, but I have a concern that he never snapped with QB under center, and was never responsible for calling the OL.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                                I'm just not as big on Pouncey as some to be. I don't think he's the right guy. Could be completely off, but I have a concern that he never snapped with QB under center, and was never responsible for calling the OL.
                                plus he was center for tim tebow at florida. thats why he wouldnt allow sacks. im not saying pouncey sucks, but id rather get JD Walton in the second. i dont want pouncey either.
                                sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                                Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Working...
                                X