mcdaniels seems high on mcclain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by japfaff View Post
    Wait you cant c the value at 11?? Would you have taken Willis with the 11th pick? Cause this guy is the most 3-4 ready ILB to come along in a decade. The is everything that you want both on and off the field in a player and a leader......Really what isnt to like about him?
    i just think willis is much more talented overall not too mention hed likely be a 2 down LB used to stop the run, just seems crazy to take him that high
    sigpic
    -------

Comment

• Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
      i just think willis is much more talented overall not too mention hed likely be a 2 down LB used to stop the run, just seems crazy to take him that high
      This. Willis is more athletic and more versatile than McClain. The latter will likely be a 2-down run plugger for us, and I can't really see the value at #11 overall. I'd like to have him, but there are guys I'd be happier with overall with that pick.
      sigpic

Comment

• Natural Born Leader

McClain was the leader of the Bama D on and off the field vocally and with his play. He energetic and has incredible vision and football IQ. Saban gave him the responsibility to make the audibles and shifts on the field and he excelled in that role. He's perfect for a 3-4 ILB and he's far from slow. He's not as fast as Willis, but he has a great burst to get through gaps and stop RBs in their tracks. Big enough to make the play on any NFL RB and is smart enough and athletic enough to hang with most TEs and RBs across the middle. Watch some film on him before you judge him on his stats and measurements. The majority of his tackles in college were solo which displays that he knows how to get people to the ground without help. He wraps up and tackles fundamentally which is why he doesn't bring the lumber like so many of you want from our LB. With him playing behind Jamal Williams, he'll easily reach 100 tackles and instantly remedy our biggest weakness, run defense.

Anyone who says there's no value at 11, I'd actually be surprised if he's still on the board at 11. He'll probably go in the top 10 and if we don't pick him, he'll go a pick or two after us in the first.
        sigpic
        1st: R. McClain-ILB
        2nd: V. Ducasse-G
        2nd: T. Cody-NT
        3rd: C. Mitchell-WR
        4th: D. LeFevour-QB
        5th: J.D. Walton-C/G
        6th: F. Barnes-WR

Undrafted FA
        Alphonso Smith-RB/KR (Kentucky)
        Trindon Holliday-KR/PR (LSU)
        Micah Johnson-ILB (Kentucky)

Comment

• If not McClain then I would defintley like to have Sean Weatherspoon. Its been a while before we have had a guy at LB who likes to talk trash on the field and get our D fired up. Though we have Brian Dawkins for that right now I still think LB is usually that spot where you want that big hitter and trash talker who can back it up. Especially in charger games.

Comment

• McClain

2010 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:

person
            Rolando Mcclain, ILB, Alabama
            McClain was a consistent force for Alabama ever since arriving on campus in 2007. He played in all 13 games as a freshman, and started eight before really exploding into prominence as a sophomore. McClain led the team with 95 tackles in 2008 and was a finalist for the Butkus Award (given to the nation's best linebacker). He did even better last season, winning the Butkus Award after leading National Champion Alabama with 105 tackles (14.5 for loss) while also recording four sacks and two interceptions. He was generally considered to have been "the best player on the best team" in college football.
            The Atlanta, GA product was well-respected as one of the biggest hitters and most feared defenders at the college level, and why not? McClain stands in at 6'4'' and 256 pounds and he reportedly runs a 4.6 in the 40-year-dash. That's a scary combination of size and speed to say the least. He has had some minor off-the-field problems in the past, but nothing that has developed into a major red flag or any kind of cause for real concern. Plus, he is an Honor Roll student in the classroom and he earned rave reviews from Alabama coaches regarding his work at spring practices.

McClain, as expected, declared for the 2010 NFL Draft following his standout senior campaign. He did not run the 40 at the combine, but he will at Alabama's pro day. Unless he runs a lot slower than people think, McClain is a lock for the first round and will almost certainly be the first linebacker off the board. A Top 10 selection would come as no surprise whatsoever.

Whats not to like at 11
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X