1st Round Pick – Post McD Presser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Round Pick – Post McD Presser

After listening to McD's press conference what do think the Broncos will do in the 1st Round?

If you haven't watched McD's presser from Friday then I would highly recommend it. Along with many others I came away with 3 or 4 possibilities for us in the first round. He talked up Bryant & McClain, and said that a move down would be more likely than a move up. I know everything disclosed during that presser has been discussed in a number of threads (and even a few polls), but I'd like to get a feel for what everyone thinks will actually happen now that they've heard some specifics from McD.

Dez Bryant
    Rolando McClain
    Trade down (Pouncey)
    Trade down (Someone else)
    It was a Smokescreen (Get ready for something unpredictable and "crazy")
    Dez Bryant
    18.18%
    Rolando McClain
    14.55%
    Trade down (Pouncey)
    27.27%
    Trade down (Someone else)
    21.82%
    Smokescreen (Get ready for something unpredictable and "crazy")
    18.18%
    Winter is Coming!

I honestly have no idea. I know what I'd like to see happen, but I couldn't tell you what the team will do. I think the preference at this point might be to trade back and stockpile 2nd/3rd rounders. I can't really argue with the idea, either. If we stand pat, who the hell knows?
    sigpic

Comment

I think he kinda made it obvious we're looking to trade down unless he was just making shiz up. I'd LOVE to trade down 10 spots and chill right in front of New England and get Odrick and add another 2nd and 3rd round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos Bassist View Post
        I honestly have no idea. I know what I'd like to see happen, but I couldn't tell you what the team will do. I think the preference at this point might be to trade back and stockpile 2nd/3rd rounders. I can't really argue with the idea, either. If we stand pat, who the hell knows?
        I'm the same way. There are things that I would like to see happen, but when you have a coach lay things out that clearly then my first reaction is to not believe ANY of it. We only have 1 year so far from which we can gauge McD's drafting philosophy/tendencies, but I think that press conference coupled with what actually happens will go a long ways in helping us understand "the new process" in the future.
        Winter is Coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
          I think he kinda made it obvious we're looking to trade down unless he was just making shiz up. I'd LOVE to trade down 10 spots and chill right in front of New England and get Odrick and add another 2nd and 3rd round pick.
          I'd laugh for days if that happened. With my luck, as soon as we traded down, they'd leap us by one spot and yank the rug out. Well, I guess the Pouncey consolation prize would be ok. If he wasn't there, I have no idea what to expect. 'Spoon?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos Bassist View Post
            I'd laugh for days if that happened. With my luck, as soon as we traded down, they'd leap us by one spot and yank the rug out. Well, I guess the Pouncey consolation prize would be ok. If he wasn't there, I have no idea what to expect. 'Spoon?
            NO I WILL NOT SPOON WITH YOU!

I wanna see dez get drafted to us. But i wouldnt cry about mcclain or pouncey
            DENVER STAND UP!!!

Comment

READY FOR THIS THERE WILL BE TWO! Nah but seriously i've been sayin it for since the marshall trade happen we trade the 45th 2nd round and a later one or two( later the better) to move into the 20th pick area just before we think POUNCEY will go...so two picks with the 11th we grab DEZ with the (around) 20th we grab POUNCEY and with the 43rd we grab SEAN LEE or BRANDON SPIKES i like LEE but in guessing SPIKES

That would be three immediate impact starters with the first three picks(positions that mostly can start on day one) at three spots we need to fill bad. You got the top rated WR top rated C and one of the top 3 rated ILB( of which i don't feel there is a tremendous talent difference)... then we look for a TE with the next pick and im happy right there....

DEZ...POUNCEY....SPIKES(LEE) and a TE dude from southern Cal looks good in the third if we can keep the third and trade a later one to move into the area for POUNCEY that is.:go:

EDIT....... LEE is way under rated and over looked like i said i like Lee but guessed spikes... i'd like to edit that and say LEE all the way in the second... i just looked at a mock that had him going at 46th so at 43rd there is a good possibility its LEE so im saying ....DEZ at around 11th POUNCEY with a trade up into around the 20th pick and then LEE at our 43rd and then TE MCOY from Southern Cal in third if we have the third still
              Last edited by marcus_miller; 04-19-2010, 12:14 PM.
              I hate the Defenseless Receiver rule and the fines. Posted since '07. 2011 rule addition :nono: backhand a fool!

Comment

We probably need Pouncey more than any other one player. But if youre looking for a playmaker, Spiller would be a better choice than Bryant.

Comment

Originally posted by UJJ View Post
                  We probably need Pouncey more than any other one player. But if youre looking for a playmaker, Spiller would be a better choice than Bryant.
                  Pouncey (i.e. Center) might be our biggest need and I would love if we could trade down and grab him, and then get Williams/Thomas/Tate/Benn with one of our seconds. Some mocks have us getting Pouncey with our 2nd 2nd round pick, but I don't think he'll fall that far, will he?

Regarding Spiller... I think there's a good chance he'll be gone before #11 so if they really wanted him (and I don't think the Broncos do) then trading up might be the only way. That, plus the fact that we used our first last year on Knowshon says we won't go there.... but crazier things have happened.

Fairly even spread on the poll options so far.

Keep 'em coming!!!
                  Winter is Coming!

Comment

Gut feeling tells me it will be Dez Bryant.

People keep on mentioning Philadelphia and Green Bay, it would be costly either one of those teams to move up to the 11th overall pick, unless McDaniels is willing to just forsake a heap of value.

If we trade down, I see it being with San Francisco for the 17th and 79th overall pick.

Comment

RD1. Trade down a couple picks where Pouncey is valued.
                      Good value - needed player

RD2. Take best WR available (BENN, TATE, WILLIAMS)
                      fills hole by Marshall leaving

RD2. Take Tyson Alualu
                      I predict will be one of the top D lineman in the draft. Guy plays all DL positions and has a motor that doesn't quit.

You get three probable starters and you still have the rest of the draft plus the additional picks from the trade down to fill holes and add depth.
                      sigpic

Comment

Looks like most of us think we'll trade down and grab Pouncey. Not a bad plan and it wouldn't surprise me at all. Any other thoughts / votes?

Winter is Coming!

Comment

sounded to me like he was very open to trading down. Almost seemed like his first option and has a guy picked just incase they cant get the trade they want

Comment

I'm guessing that with some of the "news" today that the last option will pick up a few more votes. I'm starting to get the feeling that not one of us has hit on what will actually happen - that it will indeed be something crazy and unpredictable (and likely controversial enough to set this place off).
                            Winter is Coming!

Comment

It's apparant to me that although McD's comments are confusing to us re: where he is leaning; it leaves the door open to any teams listening that he will consider moving up, down or sideways depending upon who McD has on his board that he wants.

Personally, I would like him to take McClain if he is available at #11 and then trade UP to take Pouncy.

There are any number of adequate WR's and linemen available later in the draft, but McClain and Pouncy would fill two BIG holes immediately.

Then again, who knows how the teams above us will confuse things with possible trades or inane picks (Raiders?). Interesting times, for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X