Not sure I want to trade down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure I want to trade down

There's some talk of trading down with Phily and getting another 2nd or 3rd but Phily pick around # 24 I believe.

Is it really worth missing out on a stud receiver like Bryant or quality 3-4 DE like Odrick just for the sake of getting another pick, espeically if its just another 3rd round player.

You also have to be very careful. If we go down to 24 then these will be gone -

Dan Williams
    Bryant
    Odrick
    Pouncey

The main players we are targeting.

Even picking up a 2nd is OK but we still miss out on the elite talent. Huge drop off after Bryant, Odrick and Pouncey IMO

We have a decent number of picks, maybe we should just get a stud at 11

ayep!

My last mock i'm writing up has us trading down, just not with Philly.

:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
      There's some talk of trading down with Phily and getting another 2nd or 3rd but Phily pick around # 24 I believe.

Is it really worth missing out on a stud receiver like Bryant or quality 3-4 DE like Odrick just for the sake of getting another pick, espeically if its just another 3rd round player.

Dan Williams
      Bryant
      Odrick
      Pouncey

Even picking up a 2nd is OK but we still miss out on the elite talent. Huge drop off after Bryant, Odrick and Pouncey IMO

Disagree, we have a ton of holes to fill, need as many picks as possible. Thats a fair point of missing out on elite talent, but if we can get an extra 2nd in a draft this loaded, you do it. I said all offseason i want to trade down, we agree to disagree. We'll see Thursday soon enough.

:go:

Comment

There are only two teams I could see us trading with, either with San Francisco for the 17th and 79th overall picks or with New England for the 22nd and 44th overall picks.

It would cost Philadelphia at least their first and both thirds if not more to move up to the 11th overall spot.

Right now my gut feeling is we stay and take either Bryant, McClain or Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
          Disagree, we have a ton of holes to fill, need as many picks as possible. Thats a fair point of missing out on elite talent, but if we can get an extra 2nd in a draft this loaded, you do it. I said all offseason i want to trade down, we agree to disagree. We'll see Thursday soon enough.

:go:
          Not sure I agree with 'alot' of holes, we need some depth in some areas but the only starters or main contributors I believe are -

RDE
          WR - To provide a downfield threat
          C
          #2 RB
          K/P R - Maybe

Comment

Originally posted by lancane View Post
            There are only two teams I could see us trading with, either with San Francisco for the 17th and 79th overall picks or with New England for the 22nd and 44th overall picks.

It would cost Philadelphia at least their first and both thirds if not more to move up to the 11th overall spot.

Right now my gut feeling is we stay and take either Bryant, McClain or Williams.
            It would annoy me sooooo much if we took McClain at 11.

I don't mind trading down if it nets us another 2nd and we still get one of our main 4 targets. Thats a very good situation

Comment

Not sure I agree with 'alot' of holes, we need some depth in some areas but the only starters or main contributors I believe are -

RDE
              C
              #2 RB
              K/P R - Maybe
              We are in fact a wideout, linebacker, center and guard away from being solid. After that, we should get prospects that could eventually fit those other needs.

Comment

We are in fact a wideout, linebacker, center and guard away from being solid. After that, we should get prospects that could eventually fit those other needs.
                2 down inside LB - Haggan, Larsen, Woodyard

LG - Olsen

RG - Kuper

You seem to disregard RDE, any reason?

Comment

RDE
                  C
                  #2 RB
                  K/P R - Maybe
                  I wouldnt say "a ton" of holes, more like we still have some work to do. I'd still like to get an extra 2nd or 3rd depending on the right offer. In a draft this loaded, the more picks the better.

Comment

I could argue with linebacker, I doubt McDaniels would have released Davis had he felt we needed a LB, I think Larsen of Haggan can fill in nicely. To the OP, what's the problem with trading down? If we can trade down and still draft somebody like Pouncey why not? We pay him less and grab an extra pick.

Comment

I think we also need some OLB depth. Haggan is playing inside now, so unless we get somebody to start ahead of him, we only have Reid who is coming off of injury and Jarvis Moss as backup OLB's. There are some good guys we could get in the 3rd - 4th round range.

Comment

Dont be too sure. This FO would be lucky to get a 5th from Philly in exchanging the 11th and 24th.

Yes. WRs are too risky and if theyre going to trade Marshall, they have no business uisng the 11 pick on an overhyped WR that hasnt played a full season in over a year.

Dan Williams
                        Bryant
                        Odrick
                        Pouncey

Fair point. You might miss out on Pouncey. Pouncey is really the player of greatest value and need to Denver. If there's one player that they absolutely be committed to taking, its Pouncey. The rest of those names are meh. As a matter of fact, theres a lot of WR value in rounds 2-4, which minimizes risk.

You say that now but wait until the FO swaps the 11th for the 24th and Philly's 6th roung pick. Youll probably talk about how it was a good deal.

Not really.

Comment

2 down inside LB - Haggan, Larsen, Woodyard

LG - Olsen

RG - Kuper

You seem to disregard RDE, any reason?
                          Most of the defensive players from last year are returning, the same players that were rated as the 7th overall defense in 2009, we added Williams, Bannan and Green, all three will be playing in rotation with the same athletes that played a major part in our defensive promise last year. So they are indeed a better unit. Adding a defensive end would help, I admit that...but it's not a need to be competitive.

Woodyard is not the ideal inside linebacker, Haggan and Larsen are unknowns on the inside, that does not mean that they can not play inside...there is a chance that they can not handle the role itself. So I would say getting depth from the third on, someone who could likely step up as a starter if need be would be smart. On the outside we have Dumvervil, Moss, Ayers and Haggan could return outside if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                            I think we also need some OLB depth. Haggan is playing inside now, so unless we get somebody to start ahead of him, we only have Reid who is coming off of injury and Jarvis Moss as backup OLB's. There are some good guys we could get in the 3rd - 4th round range.
                            I could see us forgoing an inside linebacker in the upper rounds and using it on someone for outside depth. But I don't feel that either is as important right now compared to wide receiver or the offensive line.

Comment

Most of the defensive players from last year are returning, the same players that were rated as the 7th overall defense in 2009, we added Williams, Bannan and Green, all three will be playing in rotation with the same athletes that played a major part in our defensive promise last year. So they are indeed a better unit. Adding a defensive end would help, I admit that...but it's not a need to be competitive.

Woodyard is not the ideal inside linebacker, Haggan and Larsen are unknowns on the inside, that does not mean that they can not play inside...there is a chance that they can not handle the role itself. So I would say getting depth from the third on, someone who could likely step up as a starter if need be would be smart. On the outside we have Dumvervil, Moss, Ayers and Haggan could return outside if needed.
                              Our run d D wore out badly from mid-season onwards, mainly due to the DL.

Fields done a solid job but Peterson and McBean were awful. Peterson was always going to be cut but McBean is still here.

Bannan is a good LDE starter and Green is a great pass rusher on 3rd down but I don't want McBean starting at RDE again

Comment

Working...
                              X