Gbt31's final Bronco Mock Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gbt31's final Bronco Mock Draft

Pick 11. McDaniels stated in his Press Conference that the Broncos have had calls about Teams wanting to trade up...which would have us trade down. I am really hoping this happens and the Giants I think would be a good partner since it has been rumored they have interest in C.J. Spiller and Rolando McClain. Plus dropping back to 15, I believe, would still give us an option with Dez Bryant being there or Jared Odrick. However, my mock will follow the path of Dez Bryant being available and us biting on him. McDaniels also seemed very happy with the balance of "experience" in the young guys and older guys on our roster as far as the Defensive line is concerned

Pick #11 is traded to the Giants for Pick #15 and Pick #76.

Pick #15 Dez Bryant WR
    -I just think the value is to good at this point, and as much as I like the idea of a great 3-4, 5 Tech DE in Odrick...you can't deny Bryant's talent. We need help at WR, since the B-Marsh trade....don't get me started.

Pick #43 Vladimir Ducasse T/G
    -I think he is the best T/G in the draft this year. He would be a perfect fit as a Power Blocking Guard in his first year, and has the talent to kick outside to Tackle if we can't lock up Ryan Harris long term next year.

Pick #45 J.D. Walton C
    -We need C. As McDaniels put it in his Presser, "that's obvious." With Jason Smith saying he was the best Offensive Linemen on Baylor, I really like this guy and have gone back and forth if we should go Pouncey in the first, but as someone brought up, Pouncey has been snapping Shotgun his whole time at Florida. I don't want our first round, rookie Center, balancing out his first year in the NFL and having to do something he rarely did his career in college.

Pick #76 Toby Gerhart RB
    -McDaniel's seemed pretty hush about this kid during the pressure, but what he did mutter was good things. I know, he didn't say anything bad about anybody in his Presser, but I got a gut feeling he really likes this kid and loves the idea of him and Moreno for our future tandem. Oh and I also believe he is trying to emulate the Panthers, not the Titans(of 2 years ago), in his vision of the running game.

Pick #80 Jordan Shipley WR
    -This is one of those guys I can't build a mock draft and not want to put in a Bronco uniform. I see Stokley, more than I see Wes Welker in the comparisons, but I would love for this guy to compete in special teams and for a 3rd or 4th WR. Gaffney can be an outside guy, he proved that to me the last 3 weeks of the past season. McKinney is a pure burner and can't go inside, way to frail. I think Shipley could be our future Stokley and would love to see him in a Bronco uniform.

Pick #114 Brandon Spikes ILB
    -This is obviously a reach for Spikes to fall this far. I really don't think he will, but the fact that he couldn't break 5.0 in both his attempts at both UF's Pro Days and the whole Eye Gouging thing, it is possible. Especially with Donald Butler, Jamar Chaney, Pat Angerer and Sean Lee picking up steam. At this point though, there is no reason we should not bite on him. He doesn't have the speed to be a 3 down LB, but it is the right position and price to pick up a bigger, 2 down LB. Plus he can relive his hit on Moreno during the 2008 Florida/Georgia game every day in practice.

Pick #137 Brandon Carter G
    -This guy lives, eats and breaths to hurt people...I'm not sure about football, but he is pretty good. One of the only inside players to not allow a sack from Gerald McCoy or Suh last year. If you haven't seen this guy, just think of the freak from the movie "The Program." He has his head tatooed and just looks mean. I think putting him in Goalline situations, or those "No man's land" 4th and 1's where McDaniels wants to go for it. I think this is a guy that can help us keep those chains moving. Plus he could eventually be a above average Guard.

Pick #183 Clay Harbor TE/FB
    -I know a lot of you are still upset about losing Scheffler, but I believe this will be a guy who can help out current FB position(Which I know we don't use much, but just let Larson go back to ILB). He is a great option at H-Back and a great motion TE/FB. He blocks well and can catch out of the backfield...not a deep threat like the love of most peoples life Tony Scheffler, but more of what I believe McDaniels is looking for. This will also allow Spencer Larson to compete for the TED LB with Mario Haggan. Mario Haggan can also push Ayers at OLB(just in case he doesn't perform at the high level we all expect him too).

Go ahead and tear it apart people.....
    New England Patriots GM

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
    Pick 11. McDaniels stated in his Press Conference that the Broncos have had calls about Teams wanting to trade up...which would have us trade down. I am really hoping this happens and the Giants I think would be a good partner since it has been rumored they have interest in C.J. Spiller and Rolando McClain. Plus dropping back to 15, I believe, would still give us an option with Dez Bryant being there or Jared Odrick. However, my mock will follow the path of Dez Bryant being available and us biting on him. McDaniels also seemed very happy with the balance of "experience" in the young guys and older guys on our roster as far as the Defensive line is concerned

Pick #15 Dez Bryant WR
    -I just think the value is to good at this point, and as much as I like the idea of a great 3-4, 5 Tech DE in Odrick...you can't deny Bryant's talent. We need help at WR, since the B-Marsh trade....don't get me started.

-I think he is the best T/G in the draft this year. He would be a perfect fit as a Power Blocking Guard in his first year, and has the talent to kick outside to Tackle if we can't lock up Ryan Harris long term next year.

Pick #45 J.D. Walton C
    -We need C. As McDaniels put it in his Presser, "that's obvious." With Jason Smith saying he was the best Offensive Linemen on Baylor, I really like this guy and have gone back and forth if we should go Pouncey in the first, but as someone brought up, Pouncey has been snapping Shotgun his whole time at Florida. I don't want our first round, rookie Center, balancing out his first year in the NFL and having to do something he rarely did his career in college.

Pick #76 Toby Gerhart RB
    -McDaniel's seemed pretty hush about this kid during the pressure, but what he did mutter was good things. I know, he didn't say anything bad about anybody in his Presser, but I got a gut feeling he really likes this kid and loves the idea of him and Moreno for our future tandem. Oh and I also believe he is trying to emulate the Panthers, not the Titans(of 2 years ago), in his vision of the running game.

-This is one of those guys I can't build a mock draft and not want to put in a Bronco uniform. I see Stokley, more than I see Wes Welker in the comparisons, but I would love for this guy to compete in special teams and for a 3rd or 4th WR. Gaffney can be an outside guy, he proved that to me the last 3 weeks of the past season. McKinney is a pure burner and can't go inside, way to frail. I think Shipley could be our future Stokley and would love to see him in a Bronco uniform.

-This is obviously a reach for Spikes to fall this far. I really don't think he will, but the fact that he couldn't break 5.0 in both his attempts at both UF's Pro Days and the whole Eye Gouging thing, it is possible. Especially with Donald Butler, Jamar Chaney, Pat Angerer and Sean Lee picking up steam. At this point though, there is no reason we should not bite on him. He doesn't have the speed to be a 3 down LB, but it is the right position and price to pick up a bigger, 2 down LB. Plus he can relive his hit on Moreno during the 2008 Florida/Georgia game every day in practice.

-This guy lives, eats and breaths to hurt people...I'm not sure about football, but he is pretty good. One of the only inside players to not allow a sack from Gerald McCoy or Suh last year. If you haven't seen this guy, just think of the freak from the movie "The Program." He has his head tatooed and just looks mean. I think putting him in Goalline situations, or those "No man's land" 4th and 1's where McDaniels wants to go for it. I think this is a guy that can help us keep those chains moving. Plus he could eventually be a above average Guard.

-I know a lot of you are still upset about losing Scheffler, but I believe this will be a guy who can help out current FB position(Which I know we don't use much, but just let Larson go back to ILB). He is a great option at H-Back and a great motion TE/FB. He blocks well and can catch out of the backfield...not a deep threat like the love of most peoples life Tony Scheffler, but more of what I believe McDaniels is looking for. This will also allow Spencer Larson to compete for the TED LB with Mario Haggan. Mario Haggan can also push Ayers at OLB(just in case he doesn't perform at the high level we all expect him too).

Yuck! Don't like it at all!
    sigpic
    "Made by White Dragon - 8/26/10"
    Great Job & thanks, WD!

"He had a better career than [Hall of Famer Gale] Sayers did, but he is not held in the same regard. Is that fair to Davis?"--Dan Patrick, ESPN

“A great shot is when you pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it.” --Phil Mickelson, 2010 Masters champion

Comment

I've seen so many mocks lately that they are getting better and better. I like it, this draft is extremely stacked with talent and your Mock is good with me.

If it works out like you said I wouldnt be upset. Now where the heck is Thursday!
      sigpic
      2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

I like it a lot, the only concern is the lack of D-Line work. We have Baker who is young and that's about it.
        sigpic
        St. Louis Rams GM

Comment

I love it. I'll take this draft all day.:salute!: Although i would love to get Tyson Alualu, C.J. Wilson, or Lamaar Houston somewhere in there.
          Last edited by JayJack; 04-19-2010, 03:27 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

I like everything except the Shipley and Harbor picks. I think we already have some players on our roster with nearly identical skill sets.

Shipley- Similar to Stokley, Royal, and McKinley
            Harbor- Similar to Branson

I would be extremely happy with the rest of it...nice job:go:

Comment

Originally posted by Lukic View Post
              I like it a lot, the only concern is the lack of D-Line work. We have Baker who is young and that's about it.
              My only response to that is, look at what Wayne Nunnely did last year with complete garbage. Now his has far above that. I think our D-line should turn some heads this year, especially with a rotation that actually has talent in it now.
              New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                I like everything except the Shipley and Harbor picks. I think we already have some players on our roster with nearly identical skill sets.

Shipley- Similar to Stokley, Royal, and McKinley
                Harbor- Similar to Branson

I would be extremely happy with the rest of it...nice job:go:
                I don't think Shipley is similar to McKinley. Royal, a little bit, but I think Royal can do more after the catch. Stokley is a great comparison as I stated above, but he is also getting old and coming upon his last year of his contract...and I don't see McDaniels resigning him.
                New England Patriots GM

Comment

Pick #15 Dez Bryant WR

Pick #45 J.D. Walton C

Pick #76 Toby Gerhart RB

Dez- love it, if we can trade down and get Dez, thats awesome
                  Ducasse- Would rather get Damian or Benn
                  Walton- enough said, Center is our biggest need
                  Gerhart- Not a big fan of him, would rather get Hardesty or Dwyer
                  Shipley- He's a slot WR and Royal is exactly that
                  Spikes- I like Spikes a lot, if he falls to the 4th, we should take him.
                  Carter- Massive, physical lineman, provide depth/competiton for Olsen
                  Harbor- late round pick, dont mind it.

Not horrible, not great. At least you didnt have Tebow.. :salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                    I love it. I'll take this draft all day.:salute!: Although i would love to get Tyson Alualu, C.J. Wilson, or Lamaar Houston somewhere in there.
                    Trust me, I sat there awhile wanting to put Lamaar Houston, who I have above Alualu, in my mock. I really like Houston. C.J. I believe will go later then our seconds or third, but I wouldn't mind at all if we picked one of those 3 guys. Glad we are on the same page though.
                    New England Patriots GM

Comment

Trust me, I sat there awhile wanting to put Lamaar Houston, who I have above Alualu, in my mock. I really like Houston. C.J. I believe will go later then our seconds or third, but I wouldn't mind at all if we picked one of those 3 guys. Glad we are on the same page though.
                      No doubt. It wouldn't suprise me if our draft goes like this, and McD signs some defensive UDFA's.
                      sigpic

Comment

mcdaniels is going to do everything in his power to get tebow on this team

Comment

I really don't like the idea of adding Gerhart. He just doesn't fit what we need. We need a chance of pace back with Moreno who is more of an in between the tackles sort of guy.

Our short yardage problems were due to poor blocking, not soft runners. Walton and Ducasse solve the problem with the blocking, so I'd rather get somebody other than Gerhart. Somebody with some speed and versatility.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                            I really don't like the idea of adding Gerhart. He just doesn't fit what we need. We need a chance of pace back with Moreno who is more of an in between the tackles sort of guy.

Our short yardage problems were due to poor blocking, not soft runners. Walton and Ducasse solve the problem with the blocking, so I'd rather get somebody other than Gerhart. Somebody with some speed and versatility.
                            To be honest I would too, but with the guys McDaniels has spoken too, the majority are pounding backs. I understand we brought in Spiller(Which I highley doubt we get) and McCluster, but he is more physical than most people realize for a 180 pound man. I am actually hoping we pick up Gerhart and then draft Noel Devine next year as our COP back. But I agree, when comparing RB tandems, I would consider Moreno more of a power back and would be looking for a speed back to complement him, not a bigger power back. I was just going with what I believe McDaniels has planned.
                            New England Patriots GM

Comment

To be honest I would too, but with the guys McDaniels has spoken too, the majority are pounding backs. I understand we brought in Spiller(Which I highley doubt we get) and McCluster, but he is more physical than most people realize for a 180 pound man. I am actually hoping we pick up Gerhart and then draft Noel Devine next year as our COP back. But I agree, when comparing RB tandems, I would consider Moreno more of a power back and would be looking for a speed back to complement him, not a bigger power back. I was just going with what I believe McDaniels has planned.
                              I think depending on how many backs we carry this year. Drafting Gerhart would be fine because we have Buck & J.J. as our COP back.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X