Colt McCoy Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt McCoy Anyone?

The more I see of this guy the more I like him. He seems sharp and hungry to win and has a lot of talent that if being overlooked by his injury. Anyone have an idea where he's projected to go? I'd personally love to see Denver trade back to pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd and move up to get this guy in the 2nd I'm guessing? McCoy could develop behind Orton for a season and we could pick a talented WR in round two. I think McCoy is a franchise QB and I'm really hoping we don't take Tebow, he's a bust waiting to happen and requires too much work.

I really, really wanted to get him earlier, but now that we have Quinn I doubt we will.

Comment

The kid is a winner, but IMO just doesnt have that "it" factor that you look for in a quarterback like Brady, Manning, and guys like that. Product of the system at Texas, even though i may catch hell from it. haha just my :2cents:

GEAUX BRONCOS!!!
      sigpic
      This kid belongs in Blue and Orange!!!!

Comment

If we draft another QB, that will be 5 QB's the Broncos have had since McD's tenure. I wonder what the NFL record is?

Comment

I am a fan and want him in the 2nd.
          BRONCO FANATIC IN TEXAS

Comment

I love colt, hes my fav player in this draft.
            We havent worked him out thou and he isnt the "McD QB" hes like 6-1 which is a lil short for him.
            sigpicTeam Tebow number 1043!
            Prepare to be TebOWNED!

Comment

I really like Colt, but I think the Quinn trade pretty much rules out us drafting a QB this year...I hope it does anyway

Comment

the jj. arrington, lamont jordan, and correll buckhalter signings pretty much rule out drafting an rb this year.... well, in the first round at least.......
                disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Hah I love this idea Orton can develop his shorter clone. We have a 3 way race at QB (Orton is way out in front) why make it a 4 way race
                  2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

If we take a QB at all I would hope it would either be Tebow or McCoy. I like both guys. Class-acts and great players.

Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                    Hah I love this idea Orton can develop his shorter clone. We have a 3 way race at QB (Orton is way out in front) why make it a 4 way race
                    yeah but McCoy is way more awesome QB name than "Orton".
                    sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                      If we take a QB at all I would hope it would either be Tebow or McCoy. I like both guys. Class-acts and great players.

yeah but McCoy is way more awesome QB name than "Orton".
                      CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
                      2004 236 389 3090 60.7 7.94 97 31 5 22 151.12

vs.

Season Team GP Rating Att Comp Pct Yds TD INT Att Yds TD
                      2006 Texas 13 161.8 318 217 68.2 2570 29 7 68 170 2
                      2007 Texas 13 139.2 424 276 65.1 3303 22 18 114 510 4
                      2008 Texas 13 173.75 433 332 77.6 3859 34 8 136 561 11
                      2009 Texas 14 147.41 470 332 70.6 3521 27 12 129 348 3
                      Totals 53 158.25 1615 1157 70.2 13,253 112 45 447 1589 20

Yeah hes better but he is shorter then 6-3 which unfortunately for him and Flutie tends to be the cut off for QB. He has been compared to Orton by nearly every expert so I still find it funny that Orton would be training what everyone is calling "the Orton clone"
                      2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

I can't believe some people would take McCoy over Tebow.
                        The only thing McCoy has on Tebow is that he's right handed and came out of a slightly better system.
                        sigpic
                        St. Louis Rams GM

Comment

Originally posted by Lukic View Post
                          I can't believe some people would take McCoy over Tebow.
                          The only thing McCoy has on Tebow is that he's right handed and came out of a slightly better system.
                          Goes to show you...
                          Lotta Gata Hatas in these parts...lol

Comment

Originally posted by BF View Post
                            If we draft another QB, that will be 5 QB's the Broncos have had since McD's tenure. I wonder what the NFL record is?
                            if u think about it Orton is in a contract year

2011 will probably look like this

Quinn
                            tebow or other rookie
                            and brandstater
                            Now go get your shine box

Comment

I would be strange to build an o line of 6-5 guys and then draft a mini QB that rolls out.

Comment

Working...
                              X