Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mock Draft you all have been waiting for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mock Draft you all have been waiting for...

I will not be doing any trades during my mock draft. I will be picking at the picks we currently have.

Round 1...11th Overall

With The 11th overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select WR Dez Bryant of Oklahoma State. The only two players that I see that are legitimate picks for the Broncos here are Dez Bryant and Rolando McClain. Coach McDaniels seems high on both of them, however, with the financial obligations, drafting McClain would give the Broncos one of the most expensive ILB combination, and after severely depleting Kyle Orton's weapons, he decides to replace offensive play making ability with a Big Play Wide Receiver.

Round 2...43rd Overall

With the 43rd overall pick in the 2nd round, the Denver Broncos select Center J.D. Walton. With a massive hole at center, the Broncos take the 2nd best run blocking center in the draft in Walton after missing out on Pouncey. Walton is nasty in the run game and picking him would hopefully help out in the Red Zone.

Round 2 45th Overall

With the 45th overall pick, the Denver Broncos select Guard John Jerry. With the lack of depth at the Offensive Guard position and with Russ Hotchstein coming off an ACL tear, Guard is a major need with all the uncertainty at the position. But with the pick of John Jerry, it gives the Broncos a player that could excel with power blocking with his size and strength which would also help in the Red Zone.

Round 3 80th Overall

With the 80th overall pick, the Denver Broncos select ILB Brandon Spikes. Recent history has shown us that ILB fall far on draft day with the exception of Patrick Willis. And with the questions surrounding Spikes' speed, it is more than likely that he will fall to the third round. Don't let the 40 time scare you however. He has game speed. Brandon Spikes can rush the passer, is strong in run support, and can also cover as he has 6 interceptions in the last 2 years, with 4 of them returned for touchdowns. By the way, that is a school record. With the right coaching from Martindale, Spikes could turn into a beast.

Round 4 114th Overall

With the 114th overall pick, the Denver Broncos select Walter Thurmond III out of Oregon. Before the season, Walter Thurmond III looked to be a great prospect, however, after a Knee Injury and missing out a majority of the season, his stock has taken a big hit as noone knows how his knee will end up once he puts the pads on again. However, I believe he will be able to rehab fully and become a solid corner at the NFL level.

Round 5 137th Overall

With the 137th overall pick, the Denver Broncos select OLB O'Brien Schofield. This pick, while extremely risky after a knee injury at the Senior Bowl, could turn out to be a blessing for the Broncos to add another great pass rusher. Teams will be scared off by the injured knee as Schofield is more than likely to be unable to play in the upcoming season so that is why he will be available in the draft. Before tearing his ACL in Senior Bowl practices, he was absolutely trashing a top Guard in Ducassee making him look silly. With picking up Schofield in the 5th round, it is a low risk very high reward pick.

Round 6 183rd Overall

With the 183rd overall pick, the Denver Broncos select Punter Zoltan Mesko. He is the best punter in the draft and with the question marks surrounding the punter position. AJ Trapasso will not be the punter. And Josh McDaniels will not just hand the Punting job to Britton Colquitt so he brings in the best punter in the draft for competition.
    sigpic

Originally posted by The Hamburgler View Post
    I will not be doing any trades during my mock draft. I will be picking at the picks we currently have.

Round 1...11th Overall

With The 11th overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select WR Dez Bryant of Oklahoma State. The only two players that I see that are legitimate picks for the Broncos here are Dez Bryant and Rolando McClain. Coach McDaniels seems high on both of them, however, with the financial obligations, drafting McClain would give the Broncos one of the most expensive ILB combination, and after severely depleting Kyle Orton's weapons, he decides to replace offensive play making ability with a Big Play Wide Receiver.

Round 2...43rd Overall

With the 43rd overall pick in the 2nd round, the Denver Broncos select Center J.D. Walton. With a massive hole at center, the Broncos take the 2nd best run blocking center in the draft in Walton after missing out on Pouncey. Walton is nasty in the run game and picking him would hopefully help out in the Red Zone.

Round 2 45th Overall

With the 45th overall pick, the Denver Broncos select Guard John Jerry. With the lack of depth at the Offensive Guard position and with Russ Hotchstein coming off an ACL tear, Guard is a major need with all the uncertainty at the position. But with the pick of John Jerry, it gives the Broncos a player that could excel with power blocking with his size and strength which would also help in the Red Zone.

Round 3 80th Overall

With the 80th overall pick, the Denver Broncos select ILB Brandon Spikes. Recent history has shown us that ILB fall far on draft day with the exception of Patrick Willis. And with the questions surrounding Spikes' speed, it is more than likely that he will fall to the third round. Don't let the 40 time scare you however. He has game speed. Brandon Spikes can rush the passer, is strong in run support, and can also cover as he has 6 interceptions in the last 2 years, with 4 of them returned for touchdowns. By the way, that is a school record. With the right coaching from Martindale, Spikes could turn into a beast.

Round 4 114th Overall

With the 114th overall pick, the Denver Broncos select Walter Thurmond III out of Oregon. Before the season, Walter Thurmond III looked to be a great prospect, however, after a Knee Injury and missing out a majority of the season, his stock has taken a big hit as noone knows how his knee will end up once he puts the pads on again. However, I believe he will be able to rehab fully and become a solid corner at the NFL level.

Round 5 137th Overall

With the 137th overall pick, the Denver Broncos select OLB O'Brien Schofield. This pick, while extremely risky after a knee injury at the Senior Bowl, could turn out to be a blessing for the Broncos to add another great pass rusher. Teams will be scared off by the injured knee as Schofield is more than likely to be unable to play in the upcoming season so that is why he will be available in the draft. Before tearing his ACL in Senior Bowl practices, he was absolutely trashing a top Guard in Ducassee making him look silly. With picking up Schofield in the 5th round, it is a low risk very high reward pick.

Round 6 183rd Overall

With the 183rd overall pick, the Denver Broncos select Punter Zoltan Mesko. He is the best punter in the draft and with the question marks surrounding the punter position. AJ Trapasso will not be the punter. And Josh McDaniels will not just hand the Punting job to Britton Colquitt so he brings in the best punter in the draft for competition.
    I love it man, especially the pick of John Jerry. If we want a BIIIIG physical guard, than Jerry is the definition of that and will help in our new PBS. I also love all the other picks as well, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who wants Spikes at 80, solid mock!! :salute!:

Comment

Looks good, but I'd rather take Vladimir Ducasse instead of John Jerry. I think he's more capable of playing OT if Harris gets hurt again than Jerry does.

Comment

Ducasse > Jerry... but I still like it a lot.
        sigpic
        St. Louis Rams GM

Comment

I know that a lot of people are high on Ducasse, but as of right now, I am not. The first time I saw him was at the Senior Bowl, and he was absolutely getting abused by Schofield before the Knee Injury.

It looked to me like he had a lot of problems with negating the speed. Granted it was just practice, but none the less, you play like you practice. But he is extremely raw and did not really face a whole lot of top competition at UMass. Off the top of my head, I cannot name anyone that Ducasse faced, however, there are many people that Jerry faced that are legitimate NFL prospects.

But with the problems with speed rushers, his rawness, and the lack of competition that he faced, I prefer John Jerry. But anyway, we do need to replace Hotchstein. He wasn't cutting it last season.
          sigpic

Comment

I would **** my pants if this happened!!!!
            sigpicTeam Tebow number 1043!
            Prepare to be TebOWNED!

Comment

Originally posted by NAUbroncofan View Post
              I would **** my pants if this happened!!!!
              In the good or bad way? haha
              sigpic

Comment

I would like this draft

btw love the Walter Thurmond III selection

Comment

I normally am not a fan of mock drafts created by fans. However, I like this one a lot. I think it gives us a lot of things we need with players who more than likely will pan out.

The only real concern I have is with Schofield, but given the fact you have him in the fifth round and if he does rehab well he will play like a second or third rounder, it is a good choice.

Serious props for this mock, I am impressed.
                  sigpic

Kyle Orton Army #140
                  Team Tebow #140

Comment

best fan mock i have seen so far. Love the Spikes and Thurmond picks. Im on board buddy.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks Blondie79

Comment

THE best one I have seen, somebody get this guy a job! CP to you my friend.

Love the OB pick

Comment

i knw this off topic but does anybody think that the broncos coud be targeting Jermain Gresham? damn i hope not.
                        Now go get your shine box

Comment

Good Mock... very similar to my last one except with no trades. CP for you because great minds think alike

Oh BTW here's mine that's very similar to yours.
                          http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=165427

Comment

Not a huge fan.

My mock would go like this.
                            1. Maurkice Pouncey (trade down and pick up an extra 3rd)
                            2. Damian Williams
                            2. Tim Tebow
                            3. Montario Hardesty
                            3. John Jerry
                            4. Doug Worthington
                            5. Clay Harbor
                            6. Larry Hart
                            Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

Wow, would that be ideal or what?

Excellent mock, the big boys up front. That would be perfect for our power blocking scheme.

And hey, Dez doesn't hurt either at 11.

Comment

Working...
                              X