Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you say if we drafted Clausen at #11?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you say if we drafted Clausen at #11?

I've just been hearing about how everybody thinks Clausen has a chance to fall since the Bills are apparently looking to take an OT. Jags want Tebow, so with Clausen sitting there at 11, how would everybody react if we took him?
    Love it
    13.56%
    Like it
    23.73%
    Dislike it
    22.03%
    Hate it
    40.68%

I would start to wonder if the management is just throwing darts and what ever picture they land on is who they take.

Comment

Probably ...

... wouldn't say anything because I'd be too busy listening to everyone else screaming at each other.
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by biggbenns View Post
        I would start to wonder if the management is just throwing darts and what ever picture they land on is who they take.
        This would be my feeling. We trade for a former first round pick, name Orton the starter, and then draft a guy in the top 15?

I dont have anything against Jimmy, I think he will be a good QB, but, I dont think tis good value for us.
        sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
        SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Not. Happy. But I'd sit with Sam and listen to the gnashing of teeth (especially in GD). Hell, I'll probably be doing that regardless of who we pick -- a sizable and vocal minority are going to have a coronary on Thursday night. We're just waiting to see which one.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos Bassist View Post
            Not. Happy. But I'd sit with Sam and listen to the gnashing of teeth (especially in GD). Hell, I'll probably be doing that regardless of who we pick -- a sizable and vocal minority are going to have a coronary on Thursday night. We're just waiting to see which one.
            I agree, there's no way McD will satisfy everybody, and more people will be upset because of it. I would not like drafting Clausen, but with the exception of McClain I'd probably be OK with whoever we pick at 11. Nothing against McClain, we just don't need him.
            sigpic
            Made by Houshmazode

Comment

I would say ****!!!!!!!

Comment

Clausen IMO will be the best QB to come out of this draft, and I would not mind at all if we took him. However I don't see that to be very likely.

That being said we have far bigger needs then another QB. We've got 3 and I like at least two of them.
                Last edited by JakeNbake; 04-20-2010, 10:28 AM.
                sigpic
                2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

"It's not how many breathes we take in a life time, but how many moments in our life time that take our breath away"

Comment

I would really question the motive of the front office and for the first time begin to question the direction McDaniels is taking this team.

If we drafted Clausen, it would be interesting though.

Orton
                    Quinn
                    Brandstater
                    Clausen

I think Brandstater would be the odd man out, and rightfully so. The interrogative person in me wonders if we got Quinn to help usher along Clausen and back him up, what with Orton in a contract year and Brandstater being really, really bad.
                    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Clausen might be the best quarterback in this Draft. Good value at 11. The Rams should think about taking him with the 1st overall pick. He is not a clone of Brady Quinn, they only had the same head coach.

But for the Broncos, I want to see McDaniels work with Brady Quinn, improve him and take advantage of the potential the guy has. To me, Quinn already is our 1st round project, he was seen by many as the top QB in the 2007 Draft and he is still very young. And for now we have Orton entering his second season in our system, which is not a bad thing.

I am confident in our current QB situation, we should keep moving on with the guys we have and let them grow in the system.

Would I be happy with Clausen on our roster? Yes, I like him. But I would rather have other very talented player filling a position of need and possibly starting right away.
                      sigpic

Comment

I would be pissed, and start to question McDaniels direction. Why would we have 4 QB's on the team. Still hoping to trade back, pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd. I hope the rumor of Denver trying to trade up is some BS.

Comment

i would be mad. trade down get more picks. draft tebow late first. i realize people hate these tebow talks but he has everything you want in a QB that you cant teach, leadership skills, work ethic, winner, etc. his throwing motion(which i dont find to be a big deal) is something fixable. and with mcdaniels as a QB mastermind tebow would blossom into a great player that could alot of different thing for are team.

Comment

I still laugh at people when they say "OHHH but Tebow has everything you want that you can't teach, and all of the football stuff that's wrong with him and makes him a big bust possibility we shouldn't worry about because it can be retaught to him at 22 years old and I'm sure all of the bad habits he's had playing football his whole life won't resurface when under duress!"

sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Orton/Quinn/Clausen? Yes please, assuming the rest of the draft is half-decent ♥
                              Sure, we have other needs, but there will still be excellent prospects available at DE/DT/OC/WR through the mid-rounds of the draft.
                              sigpic
                              - ★ -
                              2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Working...
                              X