No announcement yet.

demonicbroncos Draft Mock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would rather "reach" on J.D. Walton than I would rather "reach" on Maurkice Pouncey. Like I have said in other posts, Pouncey has been snapping shotgun for 3 years in Florida's offense. That is all they did in their system. We run shotgun I would say a little less than half the amount of our snaps. I don't want to reach on a Center that hasn't snapped under Center the past 3 years. I like Pouncey and wouldn't mind us drafting him, but I would much rather use our first on Odrick, Bryant, Spiller, McClain or even Weatherspoon. If we drop back to 24 with the Eagles and Pouncey is still there, then fine I'm for it, but I"m not buying into the hype of him being the "Best Center for years to come" when he hasn't snapped under Center the past 3 years....sorry.
    New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
      I would rather "reach" on J.D. Walton than I would rather "reach" on Maurkice Pouncey. Like I have said in other posts, Pouncey has been snapping shotgun for 3 years in Florida's offense. That is all they did in their system. We run shotgun I would say a little less than half the amount of our snaps. I don't want to reach on a Center that hasn't snapped under Center the past 3 years. I like Pouncey and wouldn't mind us drafting him, but I would much rather use our first on Odrick, Bryant, Spiller, McClain or even Weatherspoon. If we drop back to 24 with the Eagles and Pouncey is still there, then fine I'm for it, but I"m not buying into the hype of him being the "Best Center for years to come" when he hasn't snapped under Center the past 3 years....sorry.
      Is snapping when the qb is undercenter really that hard? Its just handling it to your qb from under your legs i really doubt its as difficult as snapping from shotgun like the Browns center from last year had difficult time doing.

Comment

Originally posted by demonicbroncos View Post
        Is snapping when the qb is undercenter really that hard? Its just handling it to your qb from under your legs i really doubt its as difficult as snapping from shotgun like the Browns center from last year had difficult time doing.
        Look at the difference it made when Cutler went from Nalen to Myers to Weigman. Cutler couldn't handle Nalens snaps. It is going to be something that a Center/QB gets used too. Run Blocking after a shotgun snap is alot easier than Run Blocking after a successful delivery to a QB under center...I don't feel like risking our first round pick on a Center who is is 3 years out of practice in Driving forward after giving a succesful snap to a QB under Center.
        New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by dwills#1fan27 View Post
          Put in Spikes over Tebow and this is good.
          I like Brandon Spikes. But I have alot easier time seeing him gone by the time we pick than Tebow being gone. Spikes can be NFL ready by next year Tebow need atleast 1 to 2 years to become ready to take snaps from center.

Comment

Look at the difference it made when Cutler went from Nalen to Myers to Weigman. Cutler couldn't handle Nalens snaps. It is going to be something that a Center/QB gets used too. Run Blocking after a shotgun snap is alot easier than Run Blocking after a successful delivery to a QB under center...I don't feel like risking our first round pick on a Center who is is 3 years out of practice in Driving forward after giving a succesful snap to a QB under Center.
            I been reading different scouting reports from different sites and many of the nfl scouts feel that adjustments to the traditional snaps wouldnt be a problem. Oh he was a guard before he move to center he was in that offense for only 2 years as center.

Comment

Originally posted by demonicbroncos View Post
              I been readying different scouting reports from different sites and many of the nfl scouts feel that adjustments to the traditional snaps wouldnt be a problem. Oh he was a guard before he move to center he was in that offense for only 2 years as center.
              Which means he wasn't snapping to a QB under C for the past 3 years....

I hope those scouts are correct if we do in fact draft him. I would rather spend one of our seconds on J.D. Walton.
              New England Patriots GM

Comment

Oh, if you are interested...this is my Bronco Mock Draft I posted yesterday. We have the same interested(except that Tebow Character and QB), just at different slots in the draft.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=165712
                New England Patriots GM

Comment

Which means he wasn't snapping to a QB under C for the past 3 years....

I hope those scouts are correct if we do in fact draft him. I would rather spend one of our seconds on J.D. Walton.
                  I hope so too. From I read from J.D Walton draft reports i be cautious to draft him as a starting center as well he has trouble against multiple blitz shooting up where he guarding and he needs to improve on his cut blocking.

Comment

Oh, if you are interested...this is my Bronco Mock Draft I posted yesterday. We have the same interested(except that Tebow Character and QB), just at different slots in the draft.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=165712
                    Ah thank you I will check it out.

Comment

Working...
                    X