demonicbroncos Draft Mock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• demonicbroncos Draft Mock

This is my first draft mock. I been waiting the Scheffler trade to make sure of the picks we going into the draft.

Trade the 11 overall pick of the NFL draft to the Texans for the 20st pick and 81st pick with a 2011 5thround.

20.Maurkice Pouncey Center Florida
    Height/Weight: 6'5,318 40 time:5.23

Positives: Good at pass and run blocking. Made the line calls at Florida. Leader in the trenches. Not
    used to pulling as center, but used to pull/trap as a freshman guard. Good but not great down field
    speed gets to second level looking for someone to hit. Will be our center for the next 10 years if we
    draft him fits the power blocking Josh McDaniels trying to put in our offense.

Negatives: Not many just not a speed guy for a lineman

43. Tim Tebow Quarterback Florida
    Height/Weight:6'3,245 40 time:4.72

Positives: Prototypical arm strength can zip the ball and make touch throws. Proven leader would put
    the offense on his back. Capable of reading defense. Mobile in the pocket. One of the most coachable
    players in the draft. Runs a similar system as Josh McDaniels spread system in college. Josh McDaniels
    may draft this guy to have as a future prospect as our QB in the near future along with Brady Quinn.

Negatives: Bad setup and release. Accuracy is a bit inconsistent. Not used to throwing behind center.
    Needs time to work on 3 foot 4 foot 5 foot drop-backs. Not NFL ready for next year more a
    developmental player.

45.Arrelious Benn Wide Receiver Illinois
    Height/Weight 6'2-220 40 time:4.48

Positives: Good quickness of the line. Good upper-body strength to escape the jam. Good hands can
    catch fly balls. Sharpe cuts and good head fake to juke defenders. Strong runner after the catch stiff
    arms would-be tackles when out in the field. A good outside receiver that hopefully can be great in thepro level to replace Brandon Marshall.

Negatives: Lacks top-end speed. Lacks concentration of easy completions. Doesn't runs all his routes.
    Inconsistent as a run blocker.

80. Torrell Troup Defensive Tackle UCF
    Height/Weight 6'3,314 40 time:5.28

Positives:Bull rusher who can push a single block or double team to collapse pocket. Able to rip off
    blocks. Quick and powerful. Good balance. Has good size and upper-body strength for a potential nose
    tackle.

Negatives: Limited Burst. Will provide some heat but wont get sacks. Sits on the sidelines when its
    passing downs. Lose steam through games. Needs to avoid cut blocks and recover from them.

81.Brandon Carter Guard Texas Tech
    Height/Weight 6'7 40 time: 344

Positives:Strong pass protector with a strong punch and plays a wide base. Excellent anchor and rarely gets push into the pocket. As a run blocker he latches onto a man and doesn't lets go. Rarely losesground when run blocking. May be NFL ready in a year or two.

Negatives: Lacks experience in a three point stance. Doesn't moves feet well in zone block. Lunges too often to reach his man from his deep stance. Slow to cut block and lumbers when trapping.

114. Ciron Black Offensive Tackle LSU
    Height/Weight 6'5,322 40 time:5.49

Positives:Massive man with very good upper-body strength. Held up efficiently against pass rushers.
    Has good balance and latches on quickly. Wide-bodied with a long reach with long reach. Mostly a
    pass blocker.

Negatives: Lacks good foot quickness and the depth to slide. Not good at cut blocking. Adequate initial quickness of the snap. Marginal straight-line speed at the second level.

137. Jamar Chaney Inside Linebacker Mississippi State
    Height/Weight 6'1 240 40 time:4.54

Positives: Has good athleticism and understanding of pass defense to remain in passing situations.
    Good at coverage. Quick to accelerate to the ball after recognizing plays. Disciplined at maintains gaps.Good hustle at pursuit. Versatility at weak side OLB and ILB.

Negatives: Average at reading his keys and diagnosing what coming at him. Marginal vision to avoid
    avoid the trash and beat running backs. Can be engulfed by blockers and doesn't have the upper-body
    strength to get out quickly. Isn't good at avoiding blocks..

183. Richard ****son Fullback/Tight end LSU
    Height/Weight 6'3,245 40 time:4.78

Positives: Good lateral agility to juke and uses his hands well to fight off linebackers. Good enough
    straight-line speed to challenge over the top. Reliable hands for receptions underneath. Physical as a
    lead blocker.

Negatives: Was only a fullback at East-West Shrine game. Narrows shoulders limit the amount he can
    bulk up. Too short in the Tight End position for scouts. Size and Strength are a issue against physical defenders. Despite his quickness not a good route runner.

UFA prospects.

Brandon James Running Back Florida
    Height/Weight 5'7,185 40 time:4.42

Positives: Good at catching passes. But specialized for returning kicks and punt return. Great speed
    downhill runner in special teams. Big play player

Negatives: Limited size, character issues catch arrested for marijuana possession in 2007. Not know
    much for a running back.

Dennis Morris Fullback/Tight end Louisiana Tech
    Height/Weight 6'2, 265 40 time:4.64

Positives: Good receiving Tight end.

Negatives: Not know since he plays in low level competition. Needs to improve in blocking as a
    fullback.

Nolan Carrol Cornerback/Wide Receiver Maryland
    Height/Weight 5'11,204 40 time:4.42

Positives:Good at special team tackles. Solid at kick returns.

Negatives:Injury plague at college not much is know as him as a cornerback.

[Edit] I edit the part the trade with the Bengals. Since the picks arent that much different in value the picks are still the same.
    Last edited by demonicbroncos; 04-20-2010, 03:04 PM.

add brandon spikes in there and i think your on to something, love the tebow idea but i think mcdaniels is gonna grab him in the first some how some way.

Comment

Originally posted by jodblade View Post
      add brandon spikes in there and i think your on to something, love the tebow idea but i think mcdaniels is gonna grab him in the first some how some way.
      3 players from florida in the first 3 picks I dont think Mcdaniels would do that. Jamar Chaney is a great pickup at the 5th round he just need to add more body mass. And we wont trade up for Tebow I just dont see how he is first round material he wont provide imminent impact to a team. He needs to be coach up I think Denver, New England, or Minnesota is the best place for him to get the coaching to become a full time starter.
      Last edited by demonicbroncos; 04-20-2010, 01:25 PM.

Comment

The Bengals are known to not move in the draft. Mike Brown is a very old school guy. Don't play on the Bengals being a trade partner.
        New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
          The Bengals are known to not move in the draft. Mike Brown is a very old school guy. Don't play on the Bengals being a trade partner.
          I was think about that the best bet to trade down would be the Eagles but Pouncey would likely to be taken by that point. But I think that the Bengals need one very good playmaker like CJ Spiller or Dez Bryant to become a favorite to reach the afc title game. Stranger things has happen in the league.

Comment

They like Cedric Benson and really like Bernard Scott as a Spell back. They just spent a great portion of money on Antonio Bryant, and Chad Johnson is a lifer as a Bengal. When discussing trades downs, you can't always consider what would be in the best interest of the Broncos but on both sides. Just because the points match up with the Bengals on draft prospects doesn't make them the ideal trade down. The Eagles are a very possible trade down, but as you have stated, all the probable picks for the Broncos will be gone at that selection. I think the ideal trade down would be with the Giants for their third round pick. Or the Texans, just because if the Chiefs or Browns bite on Eric Berry, then Earl Thomas would be the next safety off the board, and Miami, Seattle, San Fran and Pitt would be very interested.

Those are the two I would say are our best interests to trade down. But I still think we trade down with Giants, so they can have a shot at Rolando McClain or CJ Spiller...both of whom they have claimed they really like.
            New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post
              They like Cedric Benson and really like Bernard Scott as a Spell back. They just spent a great portion of money on Antonio Bryant, and Chad Johnson is a lifer as a Bengal. When discussing trades downs, you can't always consider what would be in the best interest of the Broncos but on both sides. Just because the points match up with the Bengals on draft prospects doesn't make them the ideal trade down. The Eagles are a very possible trade down, but as you have stated, all the probable picks for the Broncos will be gone at that selection. I think the ideal trade down would be with the Giants for their third round pick. Or the Texans, just because if the Chiefs or Browns bite on Eric Berry, then Earl Thomas would be the next safety off the board, and Miami, Seattle, San Fran and Pitt would be very interested.

Those are the two I would say are our best interests to trade down. But I still think we trade down with Giants, so they can have a shot at Rolando McClain or CJ Spiller...both of whom they have claimed they really like.
              Ah I forgot about the Antonio Bryant signing thanks for the tips man I would make some edits to my mock since i have three days to edit it before the draft. CP to you.

Comment

What about doing something like the browns did when they traded back many times picking up many picks? How about we trade back to the giants acquiring their third round pick. Then trading from 15 back to the eagles at 24 this is all assuming the giants want to move ahead of the dolphins for mcclain and the ealges want to move ahead of the titans/texans or 49ers to get earl thomas/kyle wilson/ joe haden and in this trade we pick up their original second round pick number 55 giving us 6 picks in the top 80? Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by broncsfan219 View Post
                  What about doing something like the browns did when they traded back many times picking up many picks? How about we trade back to the giants acquiring their third round pick. Then trading from 15 back to the eagles at 24 this is all assuming the giants want to move ahead of the dolphins for mcclain and the ealges want to move ahead of the titans/texans or 49ers to get earl thomas/kyle wilson/ joe haden and in this trade we pick up their original second round pick number 55 giving us 6 picks in the top 80? Thoughts?
                  Maurkice Pouncey would be gone by then. We badly need a starting center I really not sure why we havent sign one by now Dustin Fry is the only one we have right now.

Comment

Another reason why trading down and getting that many picks is a good idea is because with roughly 50 first round grades in this draft that means our 3 picks outside of the top fifty would be like acquiring second round talents. So really its like getting three first rounders and three second rounders this year. Idk about you but I know that sounds very exciting to me! (If mcdaniels has done his work and drafts the right players)
                    Last edited by broncsfan219; 04-20-2010, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by demonicbroncos View Post
                      Maurkice Pouncey would be gone by then. We badly need a starting center I really not sure why we havent sign one by now Dustin Fry is the only one we have right now.
                      Well he might be gone by then but there is no guarantees to that and if he is gone then in the second we take jd walton is there realy that big of a drop off between the two?

Comment

Here his draft report.

J.D Walton Baylor
                        Height/Weight:6'3,305 40 time:5.24

Positives; Quick set after the snap getting hands into the defenders. Works hard to keep contact maintains his anchort against bigger stronger defenders. Best in close quarters. Strong against double teams. Gets low in Goal-line and Short-yardage situations taking out his man. Adjust to late line shifts, Using angles to his advantage.

Negatives: Short arms make it difficult to sustain blocks against defensive tackles with above average wing span. Not quick or smooth as a runner. Lacks agility to adjust onto oncoming defenders.

Comment

Put in Spikes over Tebow and this is good.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by demonicbroncos View Post
                            Here his draft report.

J.D Walton Baylor
                            Height/Weight:6'3,305 40 time:5.24

Positives; Quick set after the snap getting hands into the defenders. Works hard to keep contact maintains his anchort against bigger stronger defenders. Best in close quarters. Strong against double teams. Gets low in Goal-line and Short-yardage situations taking out his man. Adjust to late line shifts, Using angles to his advantage.

Negatives: Short arms make it difficult to sustain blocks against defensive tackles with above average wing span. Not quick or smooth as a runner. Lacks agility to adjust onto oncoming defenders.
                            I do not know to much about the power blocking scheme would he be a good fit? Because if he could be then I would take my chances trading back

Comment

Originally posted by broncsfan219 View Post
                              I do not know to much about the power blocking scheme would he be a good fit? Because if he could be then I would take my chances trading back
                              He could be strength is his strong suit. But I not sure if he is ready to just enter and plug in his first year. If we had a starting center that already fit the system we going to run I would have chosen him instead of Pouncey. Since we dont and Pouncey is the best center that most experts deem him NFL ready i would trade down in a heartbeat to take him.

Comment

Working...
                              X