USC's McCoy tested positive for marijuana, Dwyer positive for Amphetamines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USC's McCoy tested positive for marijuana, Dwyer positive for Amphetamines

NEW YORK (AP) -- FoxSports.com is reporting Southern California tight end Anthony McCoy tested positive for marijuana at the scouting combine.
    FoxSports.com cited unidentified sources and reported Sunday night that Priority Sports and Entertainment, which represents McCoy, made every NFL team aware of the failed test result about two weeks ago.
    McCoy is considered a possible second- or third-round pick in this week's draft.
    FoxSports.com also reported Georgia Tech running back Jonathan Dwyer tested positive at the combine for amphetamines because he was taking prescription medication.
    A person familiar with Dwyer's test told the AP the result was not a surprise and teams knew Dwyer was taking medication that would trigger a positive for amphetamines. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because results of the test were not supposed to be made public.
    Dwyer is projected to be drafted in the first two rounds.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0lfQyKRgw
    Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

It is 4/20 after all.

Comment

Dwyer's thing was some ADD med that all the team doctors have already confirmed/checked out. It's nothing to worry about, i hope we take him if he slips to round 3 when we pick.

Not sure on McCoy, but i doubt we take him or a TE early.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyhaTQseKTQ

Comment

Georgia Tech running back Jonathan Dwyer tested positive for a banned stimulant at the NFL Scouting Combine, a source with knowledge of the result told NFL.com’s Steve Wyche. However, the positive result was expected, according to Dwyer’s agent.

An ingredient in a prescribed medication Dwyer takes daily tends to trigger a positive result for certain banned stimulants, said agent Adisa Bakari. Teams were made aware of the possibility for a positive test in a letter sent by Dwyer’s representation in January.

Bakari said the league notified Dwyer that he was medically cleared after notifying him that he had tested positive for a stimulant. For good measure, Dwyer’s representatives sent a followup letter to teams to notify them that Dwyer has been medically cleared by the league and that the positive test would not land him in the league’s drug program, Bakari said.

Dwyer is expected to be drafted in the second or third round of next week’s draft.
          http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/04/18/sour...ive-drug-test/

Comment

I don't get it...Didn't Will Smith get sent to the drug program and get suspended because an inhaler he was medically cleared to use caused a positive steroid test?

Something smells kinda fishy.
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
              I don't get it...Didn't Will Smith get sent to the drug program and get suspended because an inhaler he was medically cleared to use caused a positive steroid test?

Something smells kinda fishy.
              I believe the inhaler Smith had contained a banned substance, the medication Dwyer is on just causes false positives for the test.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                I believe the inhaler Smith had contained a banned substance, the medication Dwyer is on just causes false positives for the test.
                OOOH, gotcha. I was misinformed.

I dunno, I'm advocate of legalization, but if you're applying for a job that will pay you millions and you know they don't like marijuana users, wouldn't you...you know...stop?
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I dunno, I'm advocate of legalization, but if you're applying for a job that will pay you millions and you know they don't like marijuana users, wouldn't you...you know...stop?
                  At least until the job interview with the widely publicized piss-test? Yeah, that's what we in the 'biz call low-football intelligence. In other words, he's stupid even for a football player.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                    Dwyer's thing was some ADD med that all the team doctors have already confirmed/checked out. It's nothing to worry about, i hope we take him if he slips to round 3 when we pick.
                    I wonder how many NFL players are taking "ADD" medicine... Ritalin and friends are all a mixture of amphetamine salts, and I'm sure they're performance enhancing in addition to whatever benefits they offer in terms of concentration.

Comment

Well yeah I think McCoy is stupid for smoking marijuana right before the combine.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big D View Post
                        I wonder how many NFL players are taking "ADD" medicine... Ritalin and friends are all a mixture of amphetamine salts, and I'm sure they're performance enhancing in addition to whatever benefits they offer in terms of concentration.
                        if taken as prescribed all they do is keep you awake, i take them and im still lazy as hell hahaha
                        sigpic
                        -------

Comment

It's a smokescreen to take away negative publicity from Big Ben Seriously though if it was for ADD I see no problem, McCoy is stupid for smoking before the combine however. I don't care if you dig the stuff but don't do it right before arguably the most important day of your life as a draft prospect.

Comment

testing for cannabis is stupid. yes, they should be smart enough to not get caught, but it should be a non-issue anyway. it's not performance enhancing, and in the big picture, not really that bad for you either.

plus a huge proportion of these players partake in said activity

Comment

McCoy would be PERFECT in Miami then...lol

Comment

Working...
                              X