Change of heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of heart

Honestly, I think I've changed my mind on Tebow.

I've heard nothing but good news about him, how hard he works, how smart he is, the leadership abilities, the coachability, and the improvement he's made on his throwing motion. Both Jon Gruden and Josh McDaniels have said that there really isn't much left to change about his mechanics.

I still think #11 is too high for him, but if we take him with a late 1st or one of our 2nd rounders, I think I'd be on board. Even if we took him at #11, I wouldn't be hurling myself out the window. I'd probably scream in agony but there'd still be a sort of guilty pleasure to accompany it.

I trust McDaniels as a coach, I think the moves he's making for the team have all been good with the exception of a few (Jack Williams, Berger, how he handled the Cutler situation), so if he thinks this is a good move for us, I'm gonna trust him. He's a great QB coach, and Tebow fits everything you'd want intangible wise from a player, and he's a solid athlete. I'm still a little concerned with his mechanics, but everything I've heard has said they're much improved.

So, I'll say it, I hope we draft Tebow I'll be happy if we don't draft him, and I'll be happy if we do, so I guess that's something good about the draft

Not you too...I think Tebow put something in Denver's water supply on his visit. Or maybe he is actually a cultist with brainwashing powers.
    sigpic

Defense wins championships

Comment

Comment

I wouldn't mind Tebow as long as he brought her along.

sigpic
        Thanks Blondie for the Sig

Comment

Originally posted by DarkHorse26 View Post
          Not you too...I think Tebow put something in Denver's water supply on his visit. Or maybe he is actually a cultist with brainwashing powers.
          Yeah, I dunno. I just love the potential there. There's no way he flames out of the league because of his attitude. He has the talent, he has the drive so why not take a chance?

Comment

i don't want him at all but i wouldn't throw a hissy fit if we drafted him...i'd trust in mcdaniels that he has a clue....but i'm still hoping we address a real need instead of possibly wasting a pick on a project

Comment

Here's what I think...

I think there are McDaniels supporters who thought it would be absolutely obsurd for Tebow to wind up here. But now that it's looking like it's a minor possibility, they're trying to cover themselves by being 'on board' with it just in case it happens.

I can promise you this - Jon Gruden can say whatever he wants to, but you know as well as I do he wouldn't take Tim Tebow with the 11th pick. He's saying what he's saying now as an analyst because it gets him noticed by going against the grain.

ALL the reasonable experts will tell you that Tebow says and does all the right things, but that his mechanics and style just don't fit the NFL. Maybe they're all wrong, but I've seen him play in Florida and I don't see that translating well into the NFL.

To me, he's a 3rd round player that can be molded into a wildcat option. He's not a starting NFL quarterback.
              sigpic

Comment

Yay! One more on the Tebow bandwagon!! :salute!::go::salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by *Atwater* View Post
                  I wouldn't mind Tebow as long as he brought her along.

You sir are my new best friend <3:
                  DENVER STAND UP!!!

Comment

The Tebow bug has bitten me too. At first I fell in love with his devotion and passion for the game of football but questioned his ability to transition to the NFL, then after watchig the Gruden bit on ESPN I just can't help but say "this dude was built to succeed!".

If we draft him and he ends up being a bust, atleast I know at the end of the day Tebow busted his ass day in and day out trying to be the best. It's hard not to like a guy like this
                    sigpic
                    2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
                      The Tebow bug has bitten me too. At first I fell in love with his devotion and passion for the game of football but questioned his ability to transition to the NFL, then after watchig the Gruden bit on ESPN I just can't help but say "this dude was built to succeed!".

If we draft him and he ends up being a bust, atleast I know at the end of the day Tebow busted his ass day in and day out trying to be the best. It's hard not to like a guy like this
                      LOL!

A first round bust can set your franchise back YEARS. You don't waste a 1st round draft pick on a guy who busts his a** and tries his best. You spend it on a guy you know can play.
                      sigpic

Comment

I read somewhere that they recently found water contamination in Denver....true story

But yeah I am warming up to the Tebow thing

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                          LOL!

A first round bust can set your franchise back YEARS. You don't waste a 1st round draft pick on a guy who busts his a** and tries his best. You spend it on a guy you know can play.
                          Can you name a first round pick that has worked his ass off only to bust? Plus Denver won't take him at 11. The pick is reportedly between Pouncey and Graham

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
                            LOL!

Marcus Nash, Deltha O'Neil, Willie Middlebrooks, George Foster, Jarvis Moss, Robert Ayers, Knowshon Moreno....... Not really like we are in unfamiliar territory there
                            Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                              Marcus Nash, Deltha O'Neil, Willie Middlebrooks, George Foster, Jarvis Moss, Robert Ayers, Knowshon Moreno....... Not really like we are in unfamiliar territory there
                              a little early on adding moreno to the list

Comment

Working...
                              X