Brady Quinn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brady Quinn

If the intent was to take Tebow all along, why trade for Quinn? I could think of a few other QBs I'd rather have to backup Orton.

Originally posted by JPru View Post
    If the intent was to take Tebow all along, why trade for Quinn? I could think of a few other QBs I'd rather have to backup Orton.
    Don't be so sure... Orton could be backing up Quinn this year.
    sigpic

Comment

I dont think at the time of the trade, that Tebow was on the radar. Interest in him only hit a fevered pitch once the scheduled visits took place.

McDaniels, to me, seems like a guy that likes to collect QBs (Chucky Jr). I think he truly believes Quinn can be reclaimed. Unless Orton really lights up it this year, I think the writing is on the wall for him (which sucks, because I really like Orton). I just dont see that long term commitment to him.

Quinn is likely to be the starter in 2011 and, depending on this progress, Tebow from those years on out.

Im thinking that Brandstater is going to get PS duty this year and go back on the regular roster as #3 in 2011.
      sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Brandstater, Quinn

Quinn is on the blocks right now, he will be traded and Tom will be the 2nd man if kyle can hold him off> It has been funny everyone talking Orton, Quinn, Tebow, when Brandstater is the ace in the hole.

Comment

I think the easiest answer is: McDaniels could not tell he was going to get Tim Tebow for sure. You don't always get the players you want. And in the end you rather have two young quarterbacks to develop than none.
          sigpic

Comment

Once McD coaches up all of these young QBs and makes them look good then we can trade them for first round picks to teams that are desperate. Its his evil master plan MUHAHAHAH.
            sigpic

Comment

Maybe it was not the plan to draft Tebow at the time the trade was made. Or it could be so that Tebow can be third string while he learns.
              Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
              sigpic

Comment

If nothing else, I think the Quinn trade was a quiet indication that McD did not think he'd found his quarterback in Orton. It was time (in McD's mind) to bring in some other options.

The Tebow thing happened to have worked out, but he couldn't have been counting on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                  If nothing else, I think the Quinn trade was a quiet indication that McD did not think he'd found his quarterback in Orton. It was time (in McD's mind) to bring in some other options.

The Tebow thing happened to have worked out, but he couldn't have been counting on that.
                  Oh, I agree with you here. Im a big big fan of Ortons, but there doesnt seem to be any long term commitment to him.

While McDaniels is saying the right things about Orton being the starter, there is alot of excitement in his voice when it comes to Tebow (as well there should be).

He seems to have his guy now, it will just be a matter of time working with Tim and getting him up the NFL quarterback level, teaching him the pro game and putting him in positions learn NFL defenses.
                  sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

I don't know if Quinn is going to be a starter with us one day or not, but, we really needed a backup QB. For what we gave up, i would trade for Quinn all day. If you've ever followed New England, they always kept a good backup QB. I do agree that we could've drafted a QB, because there was a lot of QB's that didn't get drafted that were 3rd & 4th rd prospects. But, Quinn has very good knowledge of the offense, so that alone makes the trade good.
                    sigpic

Comment

Tebow's the Bronco's quarterback now. He won't start the season but he'll get his chance midway. The best thing for Tebow will be if the Bronco's have enough talent around him to help him while he's learning.

Football greats are made on the field - not on the sidelines!

Orton's a nice guy and I hate for this this happen to him but...such is pro football. Quinn... he'll just finish the season and be gone to another team. As they say..timing is everything!
                      Last edited by mbu; 04-25-2010, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                        I don't know if Quinn is going to be a starter with us one day or not, but, we really needed a backup QB. For what we gave up, i would trade for Quinn all day. If you've ever followed New England, they always kept a good backup QB. I do agree that we could've drafted a QB, because there was a lot of QB's that didn't get drafted that were 3rd & 4th rd prospects. But, Quinn has very good knowledge of the offense, so that alone makes the trade good.
                        You are completely right there.

Your backup QB should be a good enough QB to compete for a starting spot. With QB being the most important position on the field, you have got to have someone that can perform.

It didnt take long to realize how short we were in the QB department last year once Simms came in.

Look at the Elway years. Gary Kubiak could have started for some teams, I think. And we had that security if John came down. That was a critical position to have well manned, especially as John was getting older and getting injured easier.
                        sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Tebow

If there is anything we have learned in the past year is that coach is not going to change his style or system for any player. No doubt Tebow is great athelete and has the smarts but he is not ready for this type of offense at this level, yet. When he did pass at Fla it was one reciever one option. It is Ortons team this year with Branstater at 2 spot, unless Brandstater gets alot of snaps in preseason and forces coach to make a decision for #1 spot.

Comment

Simms showed us we had a great need for backup, Brandstater is to undeveloped in case Orton went down again but was better then Simms IMO. We traded for Quinn because we need a new backup. Orton may only be here for a year then Quinn or Brandstater (if he doesnt get cut) will be the starter then we will have Tebow in the next year. If Quinn or Brandstater are still here that has yet remained to be seen.

You have to remember we didnt give up much for Quinn what we did give up is basically backup cost.
                            2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post

I think Quinn was acquired primarily to replace Simms.

Comment

Working...
                              X