John Hemderson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Hemderson?

Adam Schefter just said that he's going to get released today. I think we should sign him. He's still servicable and we could certainly use his 6'7" and 335 pound frame on our line.

Why not

Originally posted by JAY6 View Post
    Adam Schefter just said that he's going to get released today. I think we should sign him. He's still servicable and we could certainly use his 6'7" and 335 pound frame on our line.
    I don't see why not! We all know McDaniels likes verterans on the D side of the ball. I think this guy would make a good transition to DE in our 3-4 he is a very big man.
    sigpic

Comment

It would be a good idea in case jamal is rusty after missing a whole season or if he sucks. but i dont think it will happen
      sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
      Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

I dont think he has ever played in a 3-4 scheme so that tells me he wont be coming here. I want him too, but when you've been successful in a 4-3 for years, I would think you would want to stay in that scheme.

I still think we should try though.

Comment

To me this is a no brainer..... Henderson would seriously improve our D line in 2 places. I think that he could play the 5 and the 0. The thing is would he want to play in the 3-4?? The other signing that I think that we eed to do is sign Alan fanica. This would be such a perfect move for us. Get him for a year or 2 just if for nothing else to teach you young interior linemen how to play in this league. Plus being that it looks like we are going to have to line up with a rookie C, he could help him with all the line calls.
          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU#1 View Post
            I dont think he has ever played in a 3-4 scheme so that tells me he wont be coming here. I want him too, but when you've been successful in a 4-3 for years, I would think you would want to stay in that scheme.

I still think we should try though.
            He played 3-4 in Jacksonville last year and they changed back to the 4-3 this year. He was one of their only effective players in the 3-4 as he could both penetrate and take up two blockers. Let's get him!

Comment

why are they releasing him?

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
                why are they releasing him?
                He's 31, so they're trying to get younger and cheaper so they saved some money By releasing him and theydrafted Alualu and D'Anthony Smith in the 1st and 3rd round ( they didn't have a 2nd round pick) who are both defensive tackles, so that should tell you something.

Comment

He's 31, so they're trying to get younger and cheaper so they saved some money By releasing him and theydrafted Alualu and D'Anthony Smith in the 1st and 3rd round ( they didn't have a 2nd round pick) who are both defensive tackles, so that should tell you something.
                  so no injuries or off the field problems?

Comment

Nah. He's only missed 4 starts his entire career. He's a beast of a DT but I'm not sure if he could play NT. He seems like a disruptor, not a clogger. I suppose he could fit as a DE? I'm not sure if he'd wanna do that though.

I guess we'll see. I wouldn't mind the signing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                      Nah. He's only missed 4 starts his entire career. He's a beast of a DT but I'm not sure if he could play NT. He seems like a disruptor, not a clogger. I suppose he could fit as a DE? I'm not sure if he'd wanna do that though.

I guess we'll see. I wouldn't mind the signing.
                      RDE then? Would he fit? According to MUG we need 1 that is why he was so high on Odrick.

Comment

Certain teams (Jets, Chargers, Jags) are really dumping salary this year. Less of a hit in an uncapped year.
                        sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                        Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                        Adopted By:
                        Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                        Broncbeat

Comment

RDE then? Would he fit? According to MUG we need 1 that is why he was so high on Odrick.
                          He seems huge for a DE. 6'7 335 is a lot of dude, but he seems athletic enough to do it.

I'm guessing we'll look at him, but I doubt some team desperate for a 4-3 DT (Falcons maybe) will let him go easily.

Comment

No I don't think so, he's a high character type of guy, is vey intelligent and also a leader. I don't think he's had any injury issues either. So, IMO he would be a great pickup.

Comment

He was phenomenal at UT and has had a good career since he went pro. My question marks would have to do with age, and willingness to play in a 3-4. If he still has enough in the tank, and would be willing to come here to play in our 3-4 I'd be stoked to get him. I can still remember seeing him at UT dominating the backfield.

Comment

Working...
                              X