This kind of reassures me that Thomas was a better pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
    Dez was easily the best WR in this draft and best WR since Calvin Johnson to come out.
    I have to agree. But that was college, and Georgia Tech didn't even give Thomas a shot to put up crazy numbers with their funky offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Momentum View Post
      I have to agree. But that was college, and Georgia Tech didn't even give Thomas a shot to put up crazy numbers with their funky offense.
      Over 1100 yards in one season is extremely good. Leading the ACC is extremely good.

The stat that I find amazing is 25 YPC. That would be amazing in D2 ball, let alone a BCS conference.
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
        Over 1100 yards in one season is extremely good. Leading the ACC is extremely good.

The stat that I find amazing is 25 YPC. That would be amazing in D2 ball, let alone a BCS conference.
        Nah, but his catches were pretty low and the number of targets. That said, the dude is a flat out STUD. You watch his film and you see a very physical receiver, who is deceptively fast, who takes pride in his blocking, almost always catches the ball with his hands and goes up to get it on jump balls. The route running thing is silly - he is now going to get the opportunity to focus on football full time. The route running will come.
        Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
          ... more evident that Brandon Marshall would no longer be a Bronco, drafting a WR became obvious as well.

Brandon has his positives and negatives. Here's hoping that Demaryius Thomas has mostly the positives. If you like what Marshall brought to the table as a WR, then Thomas seems a good replacement.

Toss in Eric Decker and all of a sudden the receiver corps looks as strong on the O as the secondary is on the D.

Dez Bryant was a controversial guy with talent. Maybe he's a better fit for the Cowboys than for the Broncos. The quoted article raises more red flags than his meeting with Deion Sanders ever did.
          Right on right on, professor.

What a funny sensation it is to have our "controversy" centered on a QB who may be too goody goody and may need some work. And our other #1 is an "oh, by the way."

diggin it.

Comment

I'll be reassured when Thomas gets out there and plays well. Untill then it's still up in the air for me. I wanted Bryant when we moved up, but I guess Thomas was a judgement call and I'm good with that.

Thomas and Decker gives us some serious size outside, allowing Royal and Gaffney to work the slots and hopefully be more dependable.

Comment

Originally posted by Momentum View Post

Dez was in a spread offense so his catches would naturally be higher. Plus Dez couldn't even run a 4.3. Barely a 4.4 on top of that and thats coming out of a spread offense. And with vets like Jabar Gaffeny and Stokely he can easily be a good route runner. And I doubt he will have to run routes that much anyways. Anyone and Everyone can look good in a spread offense. Its just making the transiston from a spread to an NFL pro-style offense is where most players mess up. Some have succeded and some have failed at the transistion.

Comment

This supports what I've been thinking for a while now, that Dez is a good kid, he's just very immature. Having an excuse for everything is definitely indicative of that. I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but he might be too immature to handle the NFL. DT on the other hand seems to be very mature and ready to handle life in the NFL.
                sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

DT is more physically gifted than Dez Bryant and also doesn't come with extra baggage that Dez does. I think we got better WR overall time will tell though...
                  sigpic

Comment

I think the Bucs stole the 2 WR that will make an impact...Mike Williams and Benn...They also stole Brian Price, and got G.McCoy...A+ draft!
                    sigpic Adopted By:

Comment

Originally posted by ItalianBronco View Post
                      I think the Bucs stole the 2 WR that will make an impact...Mike Williams and Benn...They also stole Brian Price, and got G.McCoy...A+ draft!
                      Gosh I hope you're right! I can't handle the Bucs sucking for too much longer. I do think Freeman has a bright future. The guy showed some glimpses last year that were very encouraging.

As for Demaryius, I'm so glad we took him over Dez. Not only is Demaryius a better athlete, but he comes with no baggage whatsoever! Dez and Dallas just seems like a marriage that's destined for issues. I like how humble Demaryius has seemed in his interviews. Says nothing that can be controversial or negative. Seems like a guy who is going to work his butt off and be productive for a very long time.
                      Team Tebow #4:13
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post

Of course he would have done better than DHB..

Dez was easily the better prospect coming out. Take a look at some old draft mocks, most people wanted Dez or they wanted Demaryius in the 2nd round.

And ya, Dez & Thomas are closer in talent than Crabs & DHB.
                        I think Dez is a better college WR because of the system he was in and IF he matures will be a excellent player but I think you are putting too much stock in "Mock Drafts". How many of these "experts" picked very many picks correctly after the first 3 players picked? Any one could have picked the first three. If Dez Bryant was as good as these Mock Draft Experts were saying he wouldn't have lasted until the 24th pick. He would have went in the top 10 or 15 picks!
                        Thomas will take a little longer to get used to the system but give the guy a season or two and he will be fine. Right now (if healthy) I think Decker might be more of an impact player than either Dez or Thomas.

Comment

Working...
                        X