Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brian Westbrook visiting Denver on Thurs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Westbrook visiting Denver on Thurs!

Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Fresh off visit with Redskins, former Eagles RB Brian Westbrook is now en route to Denver to visit the Broncos on Thursday.
    Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Hopefully Westbrook remains healthy. then he's our backup for Moreno! or maybe, if he still is very talented, be the broncos starter.
    sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

It would be nice, but I'm not sure the Broncos want to pay 6 million annually when they already have two solid backs.

Comment

Originally posted by noobius View Post
        It would be nice, but I'm not sure the Broncos want to pay 6 million annually when they already have two solid backs.
        Then why even bring him in for a workout?
        Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Buckhalter thought he got rid of this guy lol
          sigpic

Comment

i hope we sign him cus it would piss off a friend of mine whose a die hard eagles fan.

this also means that bukhualter or jj arrington goes out the door
            Now go get your shine box

Comment

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
              i hope we sign him cus it would piss off a friend of mine whose a die hard eagles fan.

this also means that bukhualter or jj arrington goes out the door
              JJ Arrington probably, Westbrook is an upgraded version of Arrington. Plus Buckhalter and Moreno are locks, they complement each other well and are good friends. Plus Buckhalter has been a good mentor to Moreno.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                Then why even bring him in for a workout?
                Because why not. If his price tag goes down I could see it. If some other team is willing to pay him that much I can't.

Comment

If Washington let him leave I have a good feeling we will snatch him up!

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                    Buckhalter thought he got rid of this guy lol
                    "Oh man not again!!"

I wouldn't mind having Westbrook, I hope he can stay healthy though. I feel bad for the dude seeing all the concussions he has had, but when he stays healthy he is a darn good RB :salute!:

Comment

I honestly believe that Brian Westbrook is one of the all around best offensive football players I have seen in a while. So much of the Eagles offense was predicated on him either blocking, as a decoy, running routes, etc that it was ridiculous.

It will be interesting if he signs here - a great player and a great mentor. I wonder if he would be ok with a diminished role.
                      Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by noobius View Post
                        Where did 6 million annually come from? I doubt that his price tag is even close to that much. Look at the current value on older, onece elite RB in the league this year. Ladainian Tomlinson: 31 signed with jets for 2 years 5.2 million. That equals 2.6 mill per year. Thomas Jones: 32, signed with KC for 2 years 5 million. That equals 2.5 per year. Brian Wesbrook: 30, unsigned, and has a serious history of concussions. Seeing as how Westbrook is as old as the before mentioned, and has not been as productive as the other two backs of the same age over the past few years due to injuries, I doubt he would be able to haul in more than 1.5 million per year. That being said, I would not mind Denver paying that to ad depth at the position, considering Wesbrooks character, and leadership. He would be a good pickup.
                        sigpic

Comment

If the price is right it would be good to sign him, his injury history is a little scary, but this offense is very young and could use some veteran leadership.

Comment

How would the depth chart look?

Moreno, Westy, Bucky?
                            Bucky, Moreno, Westy?
                            Moreno, Bucky, Westy?
                            Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                              How would the depth chart look?

Moreno, Westy, Bucky?
                              Bucky, Moreno, Westy?
                              Moreno, Bucky, Westy?