Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with our 1st Round Pick

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What to do with our 1st Round Pick

    Were most likely going to be picking in the Top 5, so just keep that in mind.

    Our Possible Options
    These are some of the realistic options for us, in my opinion

    Draft a DE

    Fairley, Dareus, Bowers. They are the top DLine options that we have a shot at drafting. Our DLine leaves much to be desired, and we absolutely need a pass rush. Next year we will have a healthy Doom and Ayers, so we might not have to draft one in the top 5, or even in the first round, but this is definitely a plausible, and helpful option.

    Draft a CB

    Peterson or Amukamara. Champ likely won't return, and there is no way we should head into next season with Goody, Cox, and Sydquan. This draft has 2 very talented corners that will be available in the top 5 in Peterson and Amukamara. They would bring youth and talent into our secondary, and will be insanely helpful. But, if we are able to sign either Jonathan Joseph or Richard Marshall in FA, drafting a CB this early might not be necessary.

    Trade Down

    We could always trade down, and select more of the "second tier players", while gathering more draft picks. Players we could target with trading down include JJ Watt, Cameron Jordan, Adrian Clayborn, Cameron Heyward for DE, and Janoris Jenkins, and Brandon Harris for CB.

    Personally, I would make a run at Marshall or Joseph in Free Agency. Sure, it would cost a lot, but we would be able to draft an elite DLineman, and be able to get a #1 corner. Then, I would choose the first option for the draft, and select one of Fairley, Bowers, or Dareus.

    What do you guys think is the best option for our first round pick, or do you envision a different option?

  • #2
    Bowers isn't a 3-4 DE. Clayborn is probably a top 12-15 pick. And Janoris Jenkins is probably going to go in the mid 2nd round imo. I also think Heyward and Jordan are 2nd round picks although Jordan has been steadily rising.

    Even with a healthy Dumervil and Ayers we still need to draft a DE. A DE would only help to free them up to get more of a pass rush. And I don't think drafting or signing a CB is needed. Cox has been a solid No. 2 CB, he's had bad games but his numbers have been similar to Champ's. Next year once Cox has a full NFL offseason under his belt he will be much improved. Goodman is a solid CB when healthy although we might need insurance with him but I wouldn't take a CB early for insurance. However I would take a guy in this draft to replace Goodman for next year and possibly even this year. Thompson is a good NB. And we still don't know what we have in Vaughn, he can probably be a good FS with his range.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm ready to be flames some more I guess...

      Cover two is the simple solution. No need to get that premium man to man guy like Petersen or Prince. Go sign a FA like R Marshall, who plays it well. and it really solves the problem. Goody would have to go, he can't tackle well enough for the scheme.

      Do not trade down!

      Take the best DL guy at our slot and move on. Team will not be fixed next year by the draft anyways. So grab a stud DL guy.

      R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
      J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
      R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

      Comment


      • #4
        DE

        Ten characters
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cutler2007 View Post
          I'm ready to be flames some more I guess...

          Cover two is the simple solution. No need to get that premium man to man guy like Petersen or Prince. Go sign a FA like R Marshall, who plays it well. and it really solves the problem. Goody would have to go, he can't tackle well enough for the scheme.

          Do not trade down!

          Take the best DL guy at our slot and move on. Team will not be fixed next year by the draft anyways. So grab a stud DL guy.
          I agree, we should take the best DE available in the first round and move on. Now I'm not sure where we will be sitting, what other teams' needs are, and what spot the best DE available will be picked at.

          Considering all that, if we can move down and acquire a pick or two, and move back up to draft a stud DE... then I'd be all for it because this team has a lot of holes.
          sigpic


          @BlueNOrangeFTW

          Comment


          • #6
            I would draft another QB to back up Quinn, move Tebow to Middle LB and trade Orton for some new smocks that the coaches wear.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              i want patrick peterson for sure we need a play maker in the secondary
              MOORE 26 & MILLER 58

              Comment


              • #8
                Cameron Jordan Cal DL first pick is what we should do,it would upgrade our defense imediately.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Two words... Fair-ley
                  sigpic
                  Thanks Sporting4life!

                  Welcome to Denver Von Miller!!


                  Originally posted by MarshallMoss
                  My bet is open to anyone. 7 sacks minimum playing at least 14 games in 2011. I will eat crow if I am wrong, and will cp everyone who takes my offer. If you lose, you will be happy to send a cp my way![/B]
                  Bet Taken! Although i hope you win

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    We need to trade back so many holes not even funny. Getting Amukamara would be cool tho.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ElwayAttack View Post
                      Were most likely going to be picking in the Top 5, so just keep that in mind.

                      Our Possible Options
                      These are some of the realistic options for us, in my opinion

                      Draft a DE

                      Fairley, Dareus, Bowers. They are the top DLine options that we have a shot at drafting. Our DLine leaves much to be desired, and we absolutely need a pass rush. Next year we will have a healthy Doom and Ayers, so we might not have to draft one in the top 5, or even in the first round, but this is definitely a plausible, and helpful option.

                      Draft a CB

                      Peterson or Amukamara. Champ likely won't return, and there is no way we should head into next season with Goody, Cox, and Sydquan. This draft has 2 very talented corners that will be available in the top 5 in Peterson and Amukamara. They would bring youth and talent into our secondary, and will be insanely helpful. But, if we are able to sign either Jonathan Joseph or Richard Marshall in FA, drafting a CB this early might not be necessary.

                      Trade Down

                      We could always trade down, and select more of the "second tier players", while gathering more draft picks. Players we could target with trading down include JJ Watt, Cameron Jordan, Adrian Clayborn, Cameron Heyward for DE, and Janoris Jenkins, and Brandon Harris for CB.

                      Personally, I would make a run at Marshall or Joseph in Free Agency. Sure, it would cost a lot, but we would be able to draft an elite DLineman, and be able to get a #1 corner. Then, I would choose the first option for the draft, and select one of Fairley, Bowers, or Dareus.

                      What do you guys think is the best option for our first round pick, or do you envision a different option?
                      IMO Bailey is the best 3-4 DE and Brandon Harris is the best corner. Yeah they are both Miami thats a coincidence. Still Harris can actually play the run and force blockers to go after him, and teams rarely want to even throw in his direction since he doesnt allow seporation.
                      2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
                        IMO Bailey is the best 3-4 DE and Brandon Harris is the best corner. Yeah they are both Miami thats a coincidence. Still Harris can actually play the run and force blockers to go after him, and teams rarely want to even throw in his direction since he doesnt allow seporation.
                        Well the two players mentioned are not the best at their position. However baileyt would be a solid 25 and beyond pick.

                        I would either take fairley or if he is gone trade down once or twice to aquire more picks and use a first on a guy like cameron jordan who will probaly be there in the 15-25 area.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          We're likely going to have a high draft pick, but I dont know how high. I think we'll fall in a good spot to draft Heyward. TBH IDC, as long as we get some talent on our DL in the 1st round, and the draft is defense oriented.
                          2012 Adopt-A-Bronco: Elvis Dumervil

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                            Well the two players mentioned are not the best at their position. However baileyt would be a solid 25 and beyond pick.

                            I would either take fairley or if he is gone trade down once or twice to aquire more picks and use a first on a guy like cameron jordan who will probaly be there in the 15-25 area.
                            Bailey is an athletic freak who has been great at match ups and getting penetration. He gets off blocks and has great hands something Fairley lacks. Cam is probably the only player in the draft that plays 3-4 DE already and does it well so I cant say Ild disagree with drafting him over anyone which would be more of a guessing game.

                            Brandon Harris may not be rated the best but he has amazing versatility and speed. Honestly though you cant go wrong with the top 3 prospects. Yes Peterson is a better punt returner, but he is better against the run. Prince though is probably the best against the run of all 3.
                            2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              1st rd: DE
                              2nd rd: (1st pick) CB
                              2nd rd: (2nd pick) DE

                              Done. Team, complete.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X