BroncosTX77 Pre-Combine Complete Offseason Mock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like Boss, but I dont like taking a TE in the 2nd also

Also last time I watched a Bills game the annoucers were talking about how much the fans loved Paul and he seemed to be playing very well so i dont know if they let him get away.

If you switch out DJ Williams for Mark Herlizch that would make it pretty

Comment

I like it, and I definitely like the idea of finding some difference makers at TE. However, I'm not sure if Williams is at the top of my list. Rudolph or Kendricks I think would make better choices.

Also, I really doubt the Bills let PP go. He's been a good player for them.

Overall, good job

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
        Mock Draft

1. Nick Fairley DL Auburn – Best Defensive Player in the draft and scheme diverse.
        2. Kenny Tate FS Maryland – Good cover skills, nasty tackler, not afraid to get dirty.
        2. DJ Williams TE Arkansas – Good Blocker, not fast but knack at getting open and good hands.
        3. Quan Sturdivant LB North Carolina – Defensive Leader that can play all LB spots. Fast Physical and can cover.
        3. Sione Fua NT Stanford – Short but plays with good leverage and plays and coached by NFL coaches with 34 exp.
        6. Owen Marecic FB Stanford – Board Rules!
        7. Da’Rel Scott RB/KR Maryland – Change of pace back that can also contribute in return game.
        I love this draft, but instead of DJ Williams, maybe Ras I Dowling?
        sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

My only issues would be with the Free Agency aspect. Clabo was almost Pro Bowl caliber this season, he only gave up one sack after Week 5 and played every snap this season. Atlanta doesn't have any O-line depth either. I don't think he gets away.

Posluszny is one of the pillars of the Bills' defense and is coming off a strong season. He's not going anywhere.

I also don't know that NY lets Boss get away. He's primarily a blocker there, but they have nothing behind him. He's essential to their scheme. They didn't even really play other TEs this year at all besides him. Beckum, as a pure receiving threat, only logged 300 snaps to Boss' 1000. There were no other TEs.

Comment

I like the direction of this off-season. My outlook looks very similar.

My thoughts:

1. David Harris instead of Posluszny - I agree that he would be nice, but I think the Bills lock him up, Harris would be a great vocal leader to help DJ in the middle.

2. I think the Giants keep Boss - think he would be a great addition though, as would Lewis (will get a long term, Del Rio loves the guy) and Owen Daniels (maybe available?).

3. Grabbing a Safety in the second round would be ideal - Tate or Rahim Moore need to be taken. I like McBath and hope Dawkins stays on one more year to help him and our new Safety.

4. Casey Matthews or Sturdivant would be great in the 3rd round - I also think we need to look at the OL - maybe Clint Boling.

5. If we let Harris walk - which I think we do. What do you think the chances are that we could afford Logan Mankins. Would add some nastiness to our OL. I guess we would need to have confidence in Beadles at RT. We need to help Moreno out.

Comment

Originally posted by dukes88 View Post
              I like the direction of this off-season. My outlook looks very similar.

My thoughts:

1. David Harris instead of Posluszny - I agree that he would be nice, but I think the Bills lock him up, Harris would be a great vocal leader to help DJ in the middle.

2. I think the Giants keep Boss - think he would be a great addition though, as would Lewis (will get a long term, Del Rio loves the guy) and Owen Daniels (maybe available?).

3. Grabbing a Safety in the second round would be ideal - Tate or Rahim Moore need to be taken. I like McBath and hope Dawkins stays on one more year to help him and our new Safety.

4. Casey Matthews or Sturdivant would be great in the 3rd round - I also think we need to look at the OL - maybe Clint Boling.

5. If we let Harris walk - which I think we do. What do you think the chances are that we could afford Logan Mankins. Would add some nastiness to our OL. I guess we would need to have confidence in Beadles at RT. We need to help Moreno out.
              I had been sitting on OL for a while at Sturdivants spot, but with recent rumors of DJ demise I thought i might be prudent to bring in a kid that could replace DJ next year, not to mention if Denver goes back to 4-3 he can play all LB spots and could start at SLB with Mays in Middle and DJ WLB

Comment

I had been sitting on OL for a while at Sturdivants spot, but with recent rumors of DJ demise I thought i might be prudent to bring in a kid that could replace DJ next year, not to mention if Denver goes back to 4-3 he can play all LB spots and could start at SLB with Mays in Middle and DJ WLB
                I have been back and forth as well - I love the thought of getting Greg Jones, Quan Sturdivant, or Casey Matthews to help the LB crew. Woodyard needs to be kept and the demise of DJ has me worried (and why Harris or PP are huge FA targets).

Comment

Aside from drafting a TE (after signing one in free agency), I see nothing wrong here. Would be content with this.

I do think DL and a S are absolute must needs, along with a LB who can cover and be groomed to start (ILB).

TE and OL pieces need to be added.

Then if we can snag a FB later in the draft.... Excellent. Maybe names could change, but I think you identified our needs.

I, too, would keep Champ, Woody, Vickerson & Thomas.

I would prefer Marty Morningwhig as OC, if possible.

Comment

I like your mock alot. I would just have a couple subtle changes. I would prefer Marcedes Lewis over Boss and I feel there is more of a chance they let him walk vs. NYG letting Boss walk.

I wouls also try my best to get David Harris via FA to replace DJ rather than get a ILB in the draft this year. I dont see any high profile ILBs this year I like so Harris is the best answer IMO. Either him or Hawthorne.

Take a look at my sig and let me know what you think if you wouldnt mind. I dont want to make another thread about mocks if I dont have to.
                    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
                      I like your mock alot. I would just have a couple subtle changes. I would prefer Marcedes Lewis over Boss and I feel there is more of a chance they let him walk vs. NYG letting Boss walk.

I wouls also try my best to get David Harris via FA to replace DJ rather than get a ILB in the draft this year. I dont see any high profile ILBs this year I like so Harris is the best answer IMO. Either him or Hawthorne.

Take a look at my sig and let me know what you think if you wouldnt mind. I dont want to make another thread about mocks if I dont have to.
                      Zero chance Lewis gets away now that Del Rio has kept the job. Jack has repeatedly said Lewis is the team's MVP and a leader in the lockerroom. There's no chance he goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                        Zero chance Lewis gets away now that Del Rio has kept the job. Jack has repeatedly said Lewis is the team's MVP and a leader in the lockerroom. There's no chance he goes.
                        I just heard Del Rio on Moving the Chains yesterday and I agree - ZERO chance that they let go Lewis. He loves the guy - and has been praising him since the summer time as their MVP.

I like Owen Daniels if his available.

Comment

I like it. I'd rather have Peterson over Fairley, or better yet trade down. I don't know about TE that high in the draft, but well done. I can tell you put a lot of time into that.

Comment

Mock Draft

1. Nick Fairley DL Auburn – Best Defensive Player in the draft and scheme diverse.
                            2. Kenny Tate FS Maryland – Good cover skills, nasty tackler, not afraid to get dirty.
                            2. DJ Williams TE Arkansas – Good Blocker, not fast but knack at getting open and good hands.
                            3. Quan Sturdivant LB North Carolina – Defensive Leader that can play all LB spots. Fast Physical and can cover.
                            3. Sione Fua NT Stanford – Short but plays with good leverage and plays and coached by NFL coaches with 34 exp.
                            6. Owen Marecic FB Stanford – Board Rules!
                            7. Da’Rel Scott RB/KR Maryland – Change of pace back that can also contribute in return game.
                            i looooooooove this except for the TE in the second round i would rather take one other DL or LB with our second 2nd and pick a TE in the third
                            sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

Working...
                            X