Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peter Schrager: Denver to draft...Patrick Peterson?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Schrager: Denver to draft...Patrick Peterson?!?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/m...op-pick-010311

2. Denver Broncos (4-12): Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU: No cornerback has ever been drafted second overall, but then, there have been few corner prospects like Peterson. At 6-foot-1, Peterson’s one of the larger cornerbacks you’ll ever see, and he has blazing speed, too. A playmaker both on defense and in the return game for Les Miles’ Tigers, Peterson could be the heir apparent to the top corner spot in Denver. With Champ Bailey set to become a free agent, his days in Denver could be over. Denver has needs all over its defense. Adding Peterson would be a solid start in the rebuilding process.
    I guess Schrager doesn't realize a top-corner is useless if you don't have a dominant pass rush.
    sigpic

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/m...op-pick-010311

I guess Schrager doesn't realize a top-corner is useless if you don't have a dominant pass rush.
    First thought was who?

All these "draft gurus" are all coming out of the woodwork aren't they? Roaches I tell ya.

Comment

that would be cool if Champ stayed and we got him too...He is big and strong...and fast...bring him to Denver...I like it

sigpic

Comment

Everybody is so enamored with Fairley around here that they will ignore any other selection possibilities.

Peterson and Bowers are 1a and 1b as far as defensive prospects are concerned, Fairley IMO is not a top 5 lock, especially at 5tech which he has never played.

I'm sorry, but this true, I wouldn't be ticked if we drafted Fairley, but if Champ does leave, Peterson HAS to be the pick!

Comment

Well, now we have some that say Nick Fairley is over-rated.

I think Marcell Dareus is completely unworthy of a high draft choice.

Da'Quan Bowers isn't a fit for a 3-4...

So, if you care convinced Peterson is a great player, it would save the Broncos a boat load of money to draft him and let Bailey walk, and d-line could be addressed in the second round...

It's not like it doesn't make any sense to take Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by MindField View Post
            Well, now we have some that say Nick Fairley is over-rated.

I think Marcell Dareus is completely unworthy of a high draft choice.

Da'Quan Bowers isn't a fit for a 3-4...

So, if you care convinced Peterson is a great player, it would save the Broncos a boat load of money to draft him and let Bailey walk, and d-line could be addressed in the second round...

It's not like it doesn't make any sense to take Peterson.
            It doesn't make sense to me.

What has having Champ Bailey around done for our defense since he's been here?

The defensive line HAS TO be addressed, and be addressed early. Drafting Peterson to replace Bailey is just asinine, IMO.

Luck and Bowers are the two best players projected currently. If the Broncos pass on Bowers to draft Peterson, then this franchise is still heading in the wrong direction.
            sigpic

Comment

I wouldnt be upset if we took Peterson. Even if we did resign Champ. I dont think Champ has many years left as a shutdown corner. I dont think we will have anotehr chance to grab a guy like peterson. I have seen alot more depth in the DT/DE position.

I do like Fairley and wouldnt be upset if we ended up taking him.
              PM me if interested in joining a Madden '12 for Xbox 360. Or visit us at xbgl720.com

Comment

The defensive line HAS TO be addressed, and be addressed early. Drafting Peterson to replace Bailey is just asinine, IMO.

Luck and Bowers are the two best players projected currently. If the Broncos pass on Bowers to draft Peterson, then this franchise is still heading in the wrong direction.
                Well, you could draft Fairley or Dareus, and if they bust, and Peterson is a stud, three years from now, we will look like fools having to draft out of need

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                  Everybody is so enamored with Fairley around here that they will ignore any other selection possibilities.

Peterson and Bowers are 1a and 1b as far as defensive prospects are concerned, Fairley IMO is not a top 5 lock, especially at 5tech which he has never played.

I'm sorry, but this true, I wouldn't be ticked if we drafted Fairley, but if Champ does leave, Peterson HAS to be the pick!
                  Au contraire, mon frère...

Everyone is hanging all over PP jock atm not Fairley. Well PP folks are more vocal anyway. If by chance Luck stays in school I guarantee you Fairley goes #1.

Comment

He pretty much locked up Denver's only playoff win since John Elway retired.

It's my opinion he was the difference maker in that game.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                      He pretty much locked up Denver's only playoff win since John Elway retired.

It's my opinion he was the difference maker in that game.
                      But he also had Denver's best DLineman in the past 6 years too. Not to mention the scheme Denver played contributed to Champs success.

Trevor Pryce was the last DL to dominate in Denver. Trevor made Pro Bowler Champ Bailey into a HoF, Champs best years were with Trevor in the mix.

Doom isn't DL anymore but get the man some DL help albeit Bowers or Fairley and Champ will regain his HoF form from 2005/2006

Comment

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post

these are pretty much my exact thoughts on this draft ^

Comment

Drafting a CB at #2 is flat out STUPID.

Does McFadden have to break the NFL single game rushing record before the Broncos get serious about fixing their defensive line?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Fetzer View Post

Does McFadden have to break the NFL single game rushing record before the Broncos get serious about fixing their defensive line?
                            Yea....what this guy said!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Fetzer View Post

except that peterson is one of the best cbs to come out in years and the draft is loaded with solid, if not great, d-linemen...but otherwise yeah, it would be stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X