My First Mock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Mock

Alright so from the candidates that are told to be on Denvers list for HC I have Mike Mularkey (OC - ATL), Eric Studesville (Interim HC - DEN), Gregg Williams (DC - NO), Perry Fewell (DC - NYG), and now John Fox (HC - CAR), etc. The list could go on for pages, but as it is today, it seems these guys are the front runners. It's impossible to determine who may be the head coach and the assistants/ coordinators they'll bring in or keep. So i'm leaving this part undetermined. I do hope we either get a defensive minded HC or a strong, well experienced DC to compliment an offensive minded HC. As well I think its in the best interest for our DC to keep the 3-4 as it best fits our current roster, though I believe it would be a good idea for our DC to want to run different base defenses such as the 46, 4-3, 2-4-5, etc. to best use our players in certain situations.

GM - Brian Xanders

Cut/Release:

Jeff Byers - C (need veteran back-up for Walton)
    Daniel Coats - TE (injury replacement)
    Britt Davis - WR (injury replacement)
    Kyle Eckel - RB (injury replacement)
    Dan Gronkowski - TE (need better pass catching TE for Tebow)
    Laurence Maroney - RB (there's a reason NE traded him)
    Corell Buckhalter - RB (been injured too much and is on the decline. simply not worth what he's making)
    Lendale White - RB (no RB has recovered from his injury)
    Matt Willis - WR (got too much WR depth already)
    Steven Hauschka - K (injury replacement)
    Chevis Jackson - DB (injury replacement)
    Perrish Cox - DB (what he's done is unaccusable, no room for players acting like this. Sucks cause he has potential)
    Renaldo Hill - S (isn't good enough in coverage for what were paying him)
    Nate Jones - CB (same as Renaldo Hill. he is expendable)
    Leonard Louis - DL (injury replacement)
    Braxton Kelley - LB (injury replacement)
    Lee Robinson - LB (injury replacement)
    Kyle McCarthy - S (injury replacement)
    Ryan McBean - DE (he's been useless, thats about all that can be said)
    Ronald Fields - NT (hasn't been effective enough. we need to move in a youth movement on DL too)
    David Veikune - OLB (injury replacement)

Resign:

Champ Bailey - CB (we need him more then anyone else on the team. we give him his 40+ million and keep him happy, plus Elway loves the guy. a deal gets done)
    Ryan Harris - OT (there's a reason our running game improved once he returned back to line-up. we keep our young o-line together and give him payday)
    Kevin Vickerson - DL (has shown he can play. we dont let him get away sign him to 3-5 year deal)
    Mario Haggan - LB (has shown he can be effective pass rushing and stopping the run. is a leader in the locker room, something we lack and is versatile being good inside and out. we resign him)
    Wesley Woodyard - LB (great special teamer and great in pass coverage as ILB)
    Marcus Thomas - DL (is finally starting to play up to his potential. we need all the youth we can get at DL. we resign him to long term deal)
    Jason Hunter - OLB (has shown he can be good as OLB against the run. good substitute player and shouldn't cost too much)

As well Brandon Llyod, and David Bruton are re-signed.

Sign:

Paul Soliai - NT(MIA) The only top NT available in this free agency (lets face it Ngata isn't leaving Baltimore). A player that would come in and rotate with Jamal Williams giving us a constant push up the middle play in and out.

Owen Daniels - TE(HOU) With Jack Del Rio back (Mercedes isn't going anywhere) and the giants most likely signing Boss, Daniels is the best thing available as for a pass catching TE goes. Crucial for Tebows development and essential to a good red zone offense we need to get Daniels. With the inexperience at WR, we need experience here, plus drafting a TE high would watse valuable picks that could go to our defense.

Vonta Leach - FB(HOU) Whats an easy way to improve our running game? Getting the fullback of the leading rusher of this past regular season would help no doubt. He is as well great at catching which would give Tebow another receiving threat. If he is resigned which is highly possible now that Kubiak is staying as the head coach my next choice would be Ahmad Hall of Tennessee who is quite similar. Who’s that guy he blocks for??

With DJ Williams' latest issues it is quite possible we use him as trade bait this offseason. With his lacking leadership we could need replacement at ILB (which I think may be addressed in the draft). Someone who could push him to perform like a professional again.

I could see us trying to sign D'Quell Jackson who we could get due to him being injured all season or David Harris who will cost us a lot, but could be worth it.

Trade Orton for 3rd as I dont see us getting a 2nd.The Cardinals seem to be the most likely to trade for him. They haven't been the same since Warner retired. Whizenhunt loves having a veteran QB. Orton would be perfect fit to groom Skeleton and Hall while getting Fitzgerald's numbers back up to par.

I see Dawkins returning for one more season, not being satisfied with how it ended and hungrier then ever. With that I don’t see us signing a free agent safety but instead drafting one at the least.

Draft:

#2 - Patrick Peterson (CB)
    #36 - Greg Jones (ILB)
    #46(MIA) - Jared Crick (DE)
    #66 - DeAndre McDaniel (SS)
    #69(ARI) - Phil Taylor (NT)
    #191(NE) - Derrick Locke (RB)
    #195 - Willie Smith (OT)

Depth Chart:

QB – Tim Tebow, Brady Quinn
    RB – Knowshon Moreno, Derrick Locke, Lance Ball
    FB – Vonta Leach/Ahmad Hall, Spencer Larsen
    TE – Owen Daniels, Daniel Graham, Richard Quinn
    WR – Brandon Lloyd, Demaryius Thomas, Eddie Royal, Jabar Gaffney, Eric Decker
    OT – Ryan Clady, Ryan Harris, Willie Smith, Chris Clark
    OG – Chris Kuper, Zane Beadles, Eric Olsen, Stanley Daniels
    C – J.D. Walton, Russ Hochstein

DE – Vickerson, Thomas, Bannan, Crick
    NT – Soliai, Williams, Taylor
    OLB – Dumervil, Ayers, Hunter, Haggan
    ILB – Williams, Jones, Mays, Woodyard
    CB – Bailey, Peterson, Goodman, Thompson
    S – Dawkins, McBath, McDaniel, Bruton

K – Matt Prater
    P – Britton Colquitt
    LS – Lonie Paxton
    KR – Demaryius Thomas
    PR – Eddie Royal

Let me know what you guys think!

I honestly like this.

Not too bad for your first mock.
    "Dwight Howard On The Post Dog!!"

Comment

Dawkins time is up.
      He is slow, not great in coverage, and his tackling isn't close to what it used to be.
      I rather start Bruton over him (though I rather get Eric Weddle who is an absolute beast).
      Not a huge fan of PP as a CB with the 2nd, either trade down or make him an FS.
      I'd take a tight end instead of Smith.
      Greg Jones's best NFL comparison would be D.J.

Comment

I disagree with Dawkins. With a rejuvenated dawkins after a full offseason and our DC using him in ways that best utilize him (blitzing and playing free to roam the field) and I think he'll do much better next year. I do like Bruton though and think we should slowly work him in and maybe he'll prove he can be a starter in this league.

Correction on what Greg Jones' similar NFL comparison would be. He is similar to the old DJ Williams. There's something very concerning in his game the last half of this year. DJ doesn't seem to be emotionally playing the game like he used to, when he's at his best. Maybe adding a youthful ILB like Jones will help him get his edge back (if not maybe trade him for next years picks as I think Mays could start as well).

Fair enough with the TE comment over OT Smith. Just think continually adding DL and OL in each years drafts will allow us to never have huge gaps in age within the trenches.
        Last edited by BaileyFan4ever; 01-09-2011, 11:01 PM.

Comment

I disagree with Dawkins. With a rejuvenated dawkins after a full offseason and our DC using him in ways that best utilize him (blitzing and playing free to roam the field) and I think he'll do much better next year. I do like Bruton though and think we should slowly work him in and maybe he'll prove he can be a starter in this league.
          The guy is struggling with injury right now which is severely hampering his play. Then add in the fact that well...he is going to be 38 next year...I think it is his time to go.

Correction on what Greg Jones' similar NFL comparison would be. He is similar to the old DJ Williams. There's something very concerning in his game the last half of this year. DJ doesn't seem to be emotionally playing the game like he used to, when he's at his best. Maybe adding a youthful ILB like Jones will help him get his edge back (if not maybe trade him for next years picks as I think Mays could start as well).
          Jones is going to get blocked as bad as D.J is. I think Shepherd is a much better choice to pair with D.J because like Mays he really does well getting off blocks, he brings leadership, he brings fire, he brings great instincts, and he can also drop back into coverage (something Mays can't do all that well). That or just wait out the year, stock up on defensive linemen, and then go after one of the great ILB prospects next year (Te'o/Burficit/Skov/Carder)

Comment

Originally posted by Touch_30_Down View Post
            The guy is struggling with injury right now which is severely hampering his play. Then add in the fact that well...he is going to be 38 next year...I think it is his time to go.
            I respect your opinion, lets leave it at that.

Originally posted by Touch_30_Down View Post
            Jones is going to get blocked as bad as D.J is. I think Shepherd is a much better choice to pair with D.J because like Mays he really does well getting off blocks, he brings leadership, he brings fire, he brings great instincts, and he can also drop back into coverage (something Mays can't do all that well). That or just wait out the year, stock up on defensive linemen, and then go after one of the great ILB prospects next year (Te'o/Burficit/Skov/Carder)
            I'm not aware of Shepard so i looked up what the scouts say. He is projected rounds 3-4. This could be good. Would allow us to draft a better DL in Powe over Taylor (though Taylor does have a lot of upside due to his size). That or we get another 3rd round pick somehow.

I just like the energy and leadership Greg Jones brings with him.

Could this work then?

Draft:

#2 - Patrick Peterson (CB)
            #36 - Jerrell Powe (NT)
            #46(MIA) - Jared Crick (DE)
            #66 - DeAndre McDaniel (SS)
            #69(ARI) - Kevin Sheppard (ILB)
            #191(NE) - Derrick Locke (RB)
            #195 - Willie Smith (OT)

Depth Chart:

DE – Vickerson, Thomas, Bannan, Crick
            NT – Soliai, Williams, Powe
            OLB – Dumervil, Ayers, Hunter, Haggan
            ILB – Williams, Mays, Sheppard, Woodyard
            CB – Bailey, Peterson, Goodman, Thompson
            S – Dawkins, McBath, McDaniel, Bruton
            Last edited by BaileyFan4ever; 01-10-2011, 03:51 PM.

Comment

It says now that Taylor's stock has rised the last couple weeks and that they project him going in the 2nd ahead of Powe due to the lack of NTs in this years draft. Would make more sense to draft him now IMO.

Comment

Size doesnt equal upside, don't get them mixed up.
                Denver Broncos GM
                Originally posted by Mosk
                Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

What Perrish Cox did was unaccusable? He was already accused I think
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Blondie79

Comment

Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
                    I beleive perrish cox will not go to prison.

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
                      Size doesnt equal upside, don't get them mixed up.
                      Exactly. I hate it when people say he is better because he weighs 10 pounds more and stuff like that.

Comment

so we need to keep white, just at least to give him a chance to be a short yardage back. cause we really need it. i bet willis also stays.
                        sigpic
                        oakland raders gm
                        latavis murray trade bait

Comment

I guess I can agree to disagree regarding Dawkins.

On Taylor versus Powe...
                          Taylor is a really big guy, and will be a great 2-gap NT. Powe to me is smaller than Taylor but is faster, he does seem to be more of a 1-gap NT (Similar to Ratliff).
                          Taylor's use of his hands is really nice to see. Personally, I like Taylor more than Powe, but it is what it is.
                          Not sold on McDaniels, personally I think when it comes to safety we should go and get Weddle/Give Bruton a shot as SS. I'd love to get someone like Javaris Jenkins (Fatty from Clemson) or the other Taylor/Powe if they drop to that spot.
                          The draft this year is really strong in terms of linemen, something we should take advantage up. These guys get some play now, and in the next 2-3, this could be the next line.
                          Last edited by Touch_30_Down; 01-10-2011, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JaysusCutler View Post
                            spelling error. my bad. inexcusable lol

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                              Exactly. I hate it when people say he is better because he weighs 10 pounds more and stuff like that.
                              He just has a bigger frame and more potential to put on more weight and strength then Powe thats all. Didn't say he's better or worse.

And he weighs 20 pounds more then Powe

Comment

Working...
                              X