Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Touch_30_Down View Post

On Taylor versus Powe...
    Taylor is a really big guy, and will be a great 2-gap NT. Powe to me is smaller than Taylor but is faster, he does seem to be more of a 1-gap NT (Similar to Ratliff).
    Taylor's use of his hands is really nice to see. Personally, I like Taylor more than Powe, but it is what it is.

I'd love to get someone like Javaris Jenkins (Fatty from Clemson) or the other Taylor/Powe if they drop to that spot.
    The draft this year is really strong in terms of linemen, something we should take advantage up. These guys get some play now, and in the next 2-3, this could be the next line.
    I agree with all this. In a perfect world that would be what I'd do as well.

Comment

Cox is accused not convicted

I believe in Colorado you are still innocent until proven guilty?

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
        I beleive perrish cox will not go to prison.
        Still can't have players like that on our roster. We ain't the Cinncinati Bengals here.

Comment

Originally posted by BaileyFan4ever View Post
          Still can't have players like that on our roster. We ain't the Cinncinati Bengals here.
          He might be innocent <.<
          Honestly, I'm a fan of giving guys a second chance. As long as most of our team is high character, a few risks won't hurt. Perhaps they will become better for it.

Comment

GM - Brian Xanders

Cut/Release:

Jeff Byers - C (need veteran back-up for Walton)Keep him for camp and see what he has got.
            Daniel Coats - TE (injury replacement)
            Britt Davis - WR (injury replacement) Good special teams guy. SHould be kept to compete with willis for a spot
            Kyle Eckel - RB (injury replacement)
            Dan Gronkowski - TE (need better pass catching TE for Tebow)
            Laurence Maroney - RB (there's a reason NE traded him)
            Corell Buckhalter - RB (been injured too much and is on the decline. simply not worth what he's making) He may be kept for a receiving guy.
            Lendale White - RB (no RB has recovered from his injury) Please name one who hasnt.
            Matt Willis - WR (got too much WR depth already)You crazy. He was a hell of a player in camp and you need backups and special teamers. Iw ould trade gaffney so we can get decker, dt and willis on the field.
            Steven Hauschka - K (injury replacement)
            Chevis Jackson - DB (injury replacement)
            Perrish Cox - DB (what he's done is unaccusable, no room for players acting like this. Sucks cause he has potential) You dont know what happened and he is good. He should be kept unless he goes to prison. Otherwise. He is good.
            Renaldo Hill - S (isn't good enough in coverage for what were paying him) He isnt that good but servicable. We might not have anything better.
            Nate Jones - CB (same as Renaldo Hill. he is expendable)
            Leonard Louis - DL (injury replacement)
            Braxton Kelley - LB (injury replacement)
            Lee Robinson - LB (injury replacement)
            Kyle McCarthy - S (injury replacement)
            Ryan McBean - DE (he's been useless, thats about all that can be said)
            Ronald Fields - NT (hasn't been effective enough. we need to move in a youth movement on DL too)
            David Veikune - OLB (injury replacement)

Resign:

Champ Bailey - CB (we need him more then anyone else on the team. we give him his 40+ million and keep him happy, plus Elway loves the guy. a deal gets done) I would think 5 year 50 million with 20 million guranteed/.Ryan Harris - OT (there's a reason our running game improved once he returned back to line-up. we keep our young o-line together and give him payday) Not a big pay day. He would probaly receive a contract with a esculator regarding playing time.
            Kevin Vickerson - DL (has shown he can play. we dont let him get away sign him to 3-5 year deal) Yes but only like 3 years 1.5 million. He isnt great but he is a solid backup in any scheme.
            Mario Haggan - LB (has shown he can be effective pass rushing and stopping the run. is a leader in the locker room, something we lack and is versatile being good inside and out. we resign him) He isnt off contract so i would say dont give him a contract. See what he has over the next season and we can maybe get his replacement.
            Wesley Woodyard - LB (great special teamer and great in pass coverage as ILB) I think he is a must sign. I wouldnt be angry if he started at ILB and DJ got traded. We need this guy on the field. It seemed like this year with him being injured we struggled more than ever against covering tightends.
            Marcus Thomas - DL (is finally starting to play up to his potential. we need all the youth we can get at DL. we resign him to long term deal)
            Jason Hunter - OLB (has shown he can be good as OLB against the run. good substitute player and shouldn't cost too much) No thankyou. He cant rush the passer and is terrible against the run. He cant tackle and I beleive we get guys who can pass rush in the middle to late round of this draft. Steven friday and ryan wytesyk (cant spell) from boise state.

As well Brandon Llyod, and David Bruton are re-signed. I would give b lloyd an incdentive based contract because he seems like the sort of player who will go easy once he gets paid. I think like 10-15 million guarenteed over 6 years.

Sign:

Paul Soliai - NT(MIA) The only top NT available in this free agency (lets face it Ngata isn't leaving Baltimore). A player that would come in and rotate with Jamal Williams giving us a constant push up the middle play in and out. I would make him number 1 priority if we stay in the 3-4. He would startr and rotate with hopefully a rookie and jamal williams.

Owen Daniels - TE(HOU) With Jack Del Rio back (Mercedes isn't going anywhere) and the giants most likely signing Boss, Daniels is the best thing available as for a pass catching TE goes. Crucial for Tebows development and essential to a good red zone offense we need to get Daniels. With the inexperience at WR, we need experience here, plus drafting a TE high would watse valuable picks that could go to our defense. Yes but it wouldnt be for a huge contract.

Vonta Leach - FB(HOU) Whats an easy way to improve our running game? Getting the fullback of the leading rusher of this past regular season would help no doubt. He is as well great at catching which would give Tebow another receiving threat. If he is resigned which is highly possible now that Kubiak is staying as the head coach my next choice would be Ahmad Hall of Tennessee who is quite similar. Who’s that guy he blocks for?? No i need a rookie in the late rounds. A shaun chapas type who is a traditional blocker,

With DJ Williams' latest issues it is quite possible we use him as trade bait this offseason. With his lacking leadership we could need replacement at ILB (which I think may be addressed in the draft). Someone who could push him to perform like a professional again. I beleive with indianapolis using to rookies this year who aint that great at there OLB positions in the 4-3 I beleive we could get the #53 picks for him.

I could see us trying to sign D'Quell Jackson who we could get due to him being injured all season or David Harris who will cost us a lot, but could be worth it. We need youth. Pointless signing all these big name guys because it is unrealistic.

Trade Orton for 3rd as I dont see us getting a 2nd.The Cardinals seem to be the most likely to trade for him. They haven't been the same since Warner retired. Whizenhunt loves having a veteran QB. Orton would be perfect fit to groom Skeleton and Hall while getting Fitzgerald's numbers back up to par. I beleive it is more possible for a second from minnasita.

I see Dawkins returning for one more season, not being satisfied with how it ended and hungrier then ever. With that I don’t see us signing a free agent safety but instead drafting one at the least. Yeh i hope we draft two safeties.

Draft:

#2 - Patrick Peterson (CB) Terrible pick. We need d line. They make the secondary and another year we refuse the dline it has to change.
            #36 - Greg Jones (ILB) Solid pick. Good coverage guy to replace DJ however I beleive woodyard is more than capable of replaceing DJ.
            #46(MIA) - Jared Crick (DE) Not sure how well he can transition to the 3-4.
            #66 - DeAndre McDaniel (SS) I like this pick. He is a playmaking hard hitting safety who would start immediatly.
            #69(ARI) - Phil Taylor (NT) I dont think nose tackle is a strong position in this draft but i would complain with this.
            #191(NE) - Derrick Locke (RB) No way he falls to here IMO. He will probaly go in the third however with a olid combine which he will have he will probaly go in the second.
            #195 - Willie Smith (OT)

Depth Chart:

QB – Tim Tebow, Brady Quinn
            RB – Knowshon Moreno, Derrick Locke, Lance Ball
            FB – Vonta Leach/Ahmad Hall, Spencer Larsen
            TE – Owen Daniels, Daniel Graham, Richard Quinn
            WR – Brandon Lloyd, Demaryius Thomas, Eddie Royal, Jabar Gaffney, Eric Decker
            OT – Ryan Clady, Ryan Harris, Willie Smith, Chris Clark
            OG – Chris Kuper, Zane Beadles, Eric Olsen, Stanley Daniels
            C – J.D. Walton, Russ Hochstein Russ cannot play at all.

DE – Vickerson, Thomas, Bannan, Crick If this is our starting d line then the GM should be fired. We need studs on the Dline end of story. And if crick is taken in the early 2nd he should starting. With this team we have and the amount of turnover I see at least 5 rookies starting on defense.
            NT – Soliai, Williams, Taylor
            OLB – Dumervil, Ayers, Hunter, Haggan If i have to watch ayers again he better play well because if he struggles again he should be replaced. He is lookin like a bust right now.
            ILB – Williams, Jones, Mays, Woodyard These three williams and jones and woodyard all play the same positon.
            CB – Bailey, Peterson, Goodman, Thompson Goodman is a good number 2. We dont need peterson.
            S – Dawkins, McBath, McDaniel, Bruton Again mcdaniel should start. We are going to need our 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders to start.

K – Matt Prater
            P – Britton Colquitt
            LS – Lonie Paxton
            KR – Demaryius Thomas Hell no.
            PR – Eddie Royal hell no.We need a specilists who is on the roster to take care of this

Let me know what you guys think!
            Overall a c-. I dont think we improve that much. The linebacker, dline, safety position are the same. Didnt improve at all.

We will need our 1st rounder, second rounders, and third rounders to start and make an impact.

Comment

What players who have sex with girls. You dont know what happened and neither do I. However I beleive that girls throw themselves at players and in this case it was probaly no different. Then she could have cried rape. We dont know and we may never know. But i want to win games. And obviosluy if he is convincted of rape then he should be but in prison. But i want to win games and if he is innocent. I want the best player.

Dont get me wrong. If he is convincted he should be put in prison.

Comment

Really quick note on Britt Davis..
                He is a big receiver, catches pretty well, and runs pretty well.
                He was also Tebow's #1 target in camp last year. I'd love to give him a shot to make it on this team.

Comment

Originally posted by Touch_30_Down View Post
                  Really quick note on Britt Davis..
                  He is a big receiver, catches pretty well, and runs pretty well.
                  He was also Tebow's #1 target in camp last year. I'd love to give him a shot to make it on this team.
                  Him and willis should compete for the last receiver spot

Comment

#2 Patrick Peterson(CB)
                    #36 Cameron Heyward(DE)/Greg Jones (ILB)
                    #46 Sione Fua(NT)/Jerrell Powe(NT)
                    #66 Jimmy Smith(CB)/Jarvis Jenkins (DE)
                    #69 Jermale Hines(SS)

couldnt find a good site to get good info so please bear with me didnt finish the rest cuz like i said im not sure how fuzzy my positions in the draft i got where

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                      Overall a c-. I dont think we improve that much. The linebacker, dline, safety position are the same. Didnt improve at all.

We will need our 1st rounder, second rounders, and third rounders to start and make an impact.
                      A lot of opinion. Sounds to me like you should be an NFL GM. I would love to see you teach anything.

Obviously you aren't a true denver fan. Sounds like you have no faith in about 75% of our team so why even cheer for the broncos?

If you do we'll I feel sorry for you and those that associate fans with your definition. We ain't that bad man. Our Front 7 was alright. Maybe bottom 10 but certainly not bottom 3. And our secondary can't tackle. Other then that and Dummervil being injured all year (duh) we were average.

Comment

A lot of opinion. Sounds to me like you should be an NFL GM. I would love to see you teach anything. Where did this come from. What are you talking about.

Obviously you aren't a true denver fan. Sounds like you have no faith in about 75% of our team so why even cheer for the broncos? I am a denver fan and you have no business saying that to me. I just responded to your mock with what I beleive we need to do. And i dont have faith in about 60% of this team and do you blame me. We just had one of the worst seasons in franchise history and of the starters and backups on this team I bet you a new coach has around 50% player turnover.

If you do we'll I feel sorry for you and those that associate fans with your definition. We ain't that bad man. Our Front 7 was alright. Maybe bottom 10 but certainly not bottom 3. And our secondary can't tackle. Other then that and Dummervil being injured all year (duh) we were average.
                        I feel sorry for you if you beleive our front 7 was okay. We cant rush the pass, or stop the run. Yeh we are ok even though they are the two things the front seven should do. Sure we get doom back. That helps. Ayers was bad, hunter was bad, haggan was good, bannan was good, jwall struggled at times.

Sorry if i rubbed you the wrong way I just didnt like the mock. I understand the time and effort people put in but im going to say what I think and sorry if you dont like that.

Comment

This needs some more Nick Fairley.

Comment

Working...
                          X