No announcement yet.

National Championship Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We currently have 6 picks in the draft, with a lot of holes to fill on the roster. Fairley going number 1 to Carolina, could be a blessing in disguise to the Broncos. Because there will be about 6-7 teams willing to trade up to draft Ryan Mallet. The only worry i have is that Carolina might take Mallet. And we will be stuck with the number 2 picks, with limited draft picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
      Fairley is a junior,
      my bad............i thought he was a senior

Comment

• Originally posted by Ohenhen12345 View Post
        We currently have 6 picks in the draft, with a lot of holes to fill on the roster. Fairley going number 1 to Carolina, could be a blessing in disguise to the Broncos. Because there will be about 6-7 teams willing to trade up to draft Ryan Mallet. The only worry i have is that Carolina might take Mallet. And we will be stuck with the number 2 picks, with limited draft picks.
        I would say we might swing some deals and trade players for picks, but I'm worried about this cba stuff. I mean, if it doesn't happen before the draft, then it might be difficult for DEN to trade Orton for a pick, right?

Now, every year we always here about trading down and accumulating picks. And while I always support the idea, I'm not sure if this is the answer with our #2 pick. RARELY, and in our case never, do you get this opportunity to tdraft such a quality prospect. The #2 college player!

Take last year, do you pass on Suh for M-Pouncey & Lamarr Houston? Perhaps. I just don't know if I trust our scoting enough to say 'HEY, DO IT.'

I wacthed a few Auburn games this year, and from what I saw... Fairley is right up there with Suh and Raiji. Dude plays all over the DL. Drops back in coverage. Runs down RBs. BUll rushes and applies pressure up the gut. He is nasty and loves to compete.

NOW, if you say trade back and get an extra 2nd, and end up with both Watt & Heyward/Crick or something else.... Sure, that sounds good. We need to fill multiple needs.

HOWEVER.... Look beyond depth and accumulating picks.... Besides from filling holes.... I want legit, pro bowl talent. GAME CHANGERS.

We need DL in a bad way... I would prefer Suh over Dan Williams.

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
          I would say we might swing some deals and trade players for picks, but I'm worried about this cba stuff. I mean, if it doesn't happen before the draft, then it might be difficult for DEN to trade Orton for a pick, right?

Now, every year we always here about trading down and accumulating picks. And while I always support the idea, I'm not sure if this is the answer with our #2 pick. RARELY, and in our case never, do you get this opportunity to tdraft such a quality prospect. The #2 college player!

Take last year, do you pass on Suh for M-Pouncey & Lamarr Houston? Perhaps. I just don't know if I trust our scoting enough to say 'HEY, DO IT.'

I wacthed a few Auburn games this year, and from what I saw... Fairley is right up there with Suh and Raiji. Dude plays all over the DL. Drops back in coverage. Runs down RBs. BUll rushes and applies pressure up the gut. He is nasty and loves to compete.

NOW, if you say trade back and get an extra 2nd, and end up with both Watt & Heyward/Crick or something else.... Sure, that sounds good. We need to fill multiple needs.

HOWEVER.... Look beyond depth and accumulating picks.... Besides from filling holes.... I want legit, pro bowl talent. GAME CHANGERS.

We need DL in a bad way... I would prefer Suh over Dan Williams.
          He is no Suh, but he is good, not worth drafting number 2 in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
          X