Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Brandstater

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tom Brandstater

    I was thinking if Orton and Brady Quinn gets traded,will it be a possibilty that Tom Brandstater will get invited to camp for a tryout.At this point im not sold on Brady Quinn as as a back up QB,he reminds me of Simms a loser.I would feel more confortable with Tom at the helm than Brady Quinn as a back up qb. Tom Brandstater released ,i never could understand why Tom got released.

  • #2
    I think he is under contract with the Dolphins for the offseason.

    Comment


    • #3
      Why did everyone love Brandstater? He was AWFUL at Fresno St. And never did anything here then got cut by the other teams he tried out for. But you don't like Quinn because of a bad preseason
      sigpic
      Sig by Blondie79

      Comment


      • #4
        There's no chance anyone trades for quinn. He has no value whatsoever. What about brandstater makes you think he's a better option?

        Comment


        • #5
          Brandstater was a McD guy, so I'd say there's little to no chance he comes back here. The guy's a scrub and I'd rather have an experienced player (even if it is Brady Quinn) backing up Tebow next year.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
            There's no chance anyone trades for quinn. He has no value whatsoever. What about brandstater makes you think he's a better option?
            The little bit i seen of him in the preseason game against Arizona he could be a good option.Also,i seen him in preseason for Colts,and imo he outperformed their backup and still didnt make the team.I wonder was he releases based on other reasons like Hillis.

            Comment


            • #7
              Trouble is

              With a new OC next season Tebow and whom ever backs him up will have to learn a new system? Quinn may pick it up sooner since he has learned two systems before.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by berlownacyo7s View Post
                Brandstater was a McD guy, so I'd say there's little to no chance he comes back here. The guy's a scrub and I'd rather have an experienced player (even if it is Brady Quinn) backing up Tebow next year.
                Brandstater a scrub and a McDaniels boy,i dont believe that.What didnt you like about Tom,i seen something a lot different than you.He looked to be a decent qb without giving the chance to compete for the qb job.I hope your not basing your opinions on McDaniels choices,he knew nothing about scouting real talent.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I agree with most of the others.
                  Tom was a McDaniels guy, and he failed to preform, he has been on practice squads for the most of his time, and he was not good as Fresno St.

                  If you want a better back-up then maybe a FA will do the job better than Quinn.

                  Also we can trade Quinn, as along as he is a young QB, he has a shot to be traded. For all we know the 49ers and Harbaugh might bite on a trade for Brady, while Carolina bites a trade for Kyle.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
                    I agree with most of the others.
                    Tom was a McDaniels guy, and he failed to preform, he has been on practice squads for the most of his time, and he was not good as Fresno St.

                    If you want a better back-up then maybe a FA will do the job better than Quinn.

                    Also we can trade Quinn, as along as he is a young QB, he has a shot to be traded. For all we know the 49ers and Harbaugh might bite on a trade for Brady, while Carolina bites a trade for Kyle.
                    Good point i hope that happens,we need more draft picks.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Saw him play in person at Fresno State. By all accounts a great teammate and good guy, but the fans couldn't wait for him to graduate.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        hes big and has a good arm but besides that I am not so sure I was thinking he had potential but as a backup I dont want 2 QB's developing on the roster.

                        Since we are speaking of QB's under contract and I dont want to clutter the boards

                        I was thinking as a backup Ryan Fitzpatrick is incredibly smart and a good decision maker (not great and he isnt much of an athlete) and he has a good personality. As a mentor to Tebow if we can get him as a backup I see him being a good influence on Tebow. That and he is a guy who despite being out of it will still fight for the starting spot.

                        We might be able get Quinn for him
                        Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 01-10-2011, 11:14 PM.
                        2016 Draft: http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...aft-Watch-list

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hes a loser? What are you 8.
                          The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                          While he sits by his hearth at home.
                          Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                          That he knows nothing at all.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                            I was thinking if Orton and Brady Quinn gets traded,will it be a possibilty that Tom Brandstater will get invited to camp for a tryout.At this point im not sold on Brady Quinn as as a back up QB,he reminds me of Simms a loser.I would feel more confortable with Tom at the helm than Brady Quinn as a back up qb. Tom Brandstater released ,i never could understand why Tom got released.


                            I could. Of all the bad trades that Josh Mcdaniels made getting rid of Brandstater was a good move. There are many better backup QB's that we could get. At this point if the Eagles lower the tender for Kevin Kolb we could pick him up because :orton: doesn't want to be a backup QB.

                            If we could convince :orton: to stay as a backup QB then I would take him in a heartbeat. I watched Brandstaters Colts pre-season plays. They weren't that good. Made a few good throws, and then threw a six pick. He had one good game against the Dallas Cowboys in 2009. Meh....I'd rather take a backup QB in the late round draft or trade from someone else.
                            sigpic

                            "Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Broncosinindy View Post
                              What are you 8.
                              What was this comment suppose to mean? I took it as a insulting post?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X