New Mock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mock

I believe we will know our new Head Coach pretty soon, this is how I see it going down.

Coaching Staff

Head Coach-John Fox-Fox would make the moost sense. After listening to Elway's press conference he said he would like experience but it wasn't needed, well Fox fits that criteria and is very qualified.

Offensive Coordinator-Mike McCoy-McCoy served on Fox's staff in Carolina as the QB Coach and has familiarity with the system and style Fox wants in an offense. McCoy's playcalling in the last four games was not great but his halftime adjustments are a brightspot. With an intire offseason as the OC, McCoy will improve vastly.

Defensive Coordinator-Brian Baker-Baker is the DL Coach in Carolina and knows Fox's defense inside and out. Under his tutalage the DL in Carolina somewhat overachieved this year without Peppers.

Resign

Champ Bailey 4 years 28 million

Matt Prater 5 years 7.5 million

Wesley Woodyard 3 years 6 million

Kevin Vickerson 2 years 5 million

Release/Let Walk/Retire

Brady Quinn
    Correll Buckhalter
    Laurence Mauroney
    Ryan Harris
    Russ Hochstien
    Ronald Fields
    Nate Jones
    Andre Goodman
    Brian Dawkins
    Jamal Williams
    Renaldo Hill
    Ryan McBean
    Lance Ball

Free Agency

Charles Johnson DE Carolina Panthers 5 years 30 million-The Panthers will have to choose between DeAngelo Williams and Charles Johnson with the franchise tag, they don't have the resources to keep both. With Rivera coming in with the 3-4 I see Johnson leaving and following Fox and Baker.

Brandon Mebane DT Seatle Seahawks 4 years 22 million-Mebane is a good under tackle in Seatle's 4-3 with Mebane and Johnson our defensive line becomes solid again.

Bo Schaife TE Tennessee Titans 5 years 24 million-Schaife is a good all around TE great blocker, good hands, good speed. Schaife adds a good target for Tebow in the middle of the field.

[These are only the bigger free agents I think we will sign. I see us filling other needs with different players in free agency as well.]

Trades

Kyle Orton to Minnesota for a 3rd round pick. McDaniels will want Orton if he goes to the Vikings and will be in Frazier's ear until draft day trying to get Orton.

Brandon Lloyd to Jacksonville for a 2nd and 5th. With a stable of younger recievers behind him Lloyd, coming off his best season ever, may be pushed aside for picks to improve our GOD-AWFUL Defense.

Draft

1. Nick Fairley DT Auburn-Fairley is a dominating force on the interior, might be as good if not better than Suh IMO.

2. Casey Mathews LB Oregon-I think Mathews would fit in perfectly in the Tampa Two style defense that Fox brings over. His athleticism and toughness makes him an interesting prospect at MLB.

2. Kenny Tate S Maryland-Tate would fill in the hole that Dawkins left behind. Use Tate as an "Ed Reed" type and let him fly around and make plays.

2. Jabaal Sheard DE Pittsburgh-Sheard is a monster, he missed the Bowl Game vs. Kentucky, but still was Big East Defensive Player of the Year.

3. Lee Ziemba RT Auburn-Ziemba will take over for Harris. He is a tough nasty run blocker and will protect Tebow's blindside.

3. Davon House CB New Mexico State-The most underrated cover corner in the nation, will push Cox, if he's still around, and may earn a starting job.

5. Brian Lainhart S Kent State-Safety depth.

6. Baron Batch RB Texas Tech-The next Correll Buckhalter, spells Moreno.

7. Marcus Sims FB North Alabama-Good blocker and takes Larson's job.

7. Craig Marshall DE South Florida-Depth on the defensive line.

Starters for 2011

QB-Tebow
    RB-Moreno/White/Batch
    FB-Sims
    TE-Schaife
    WR-Thomas
    WR-Royal
    LT-Clady
    LG-Beadles
    C-Walton
    RG-Kuper
    RT-Ziemba

DE-Johnson/Ayers
    DT-Fairley/Bannan
    DT-Mebane/Vickerson
    DE-Dumervil/Sheard
    WLB-Williams
    MLB-Mathews
    SLB-Haggan
    CB-Bailey
    S-Tate
    S-McBath
    CB-House/Cox

Mathews is a third/fourth round pick. Not worth the 35th pick.

Mebane won't leave Seatlle.

Kenny Tate is nothing like Ed Reed, a better comparison is Adrian Wilson.

I don't like trading our best offensive player.

Why release Brady Quinn/Lance Ball, there quality free agents.
    Denver Broncos GM
    Originally posted by Mosk
    Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Don't like trading Lloyd, and Matthews is not worth a top 35 pick. He's a 4th rounder.

Otherwise it's pretty solid.

Comment

good thing I jumped on the Casey Matthews train before all of this.

He will be a 2nd round pick.
        Now go get your shine box

Comment

Someone is gonna pick up Matthews before round 3, bet on it.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFreak#1 View Post
            I believe we will know our new Head Coach pretty soon, this is how I see it going down.

Coaching Staff

Head Coach-John Fox-Fox would make the moost sense. After listening to Elway's press conference he said he would like experience but it wasn't needed, well Fox fits that criteria and is very qualified.

Offensive Coordinator-Mike McCoy-McCoy served on Fox's staff in Carolina as the QB Coach and has familiarity with the system and style Fox wants in an offense. McCoy's playcalling in the last four games was not great but his halftime adjustments are a brightspot. With an intire offseason as the OC, McCoy will improve vastly.

Defensive Coordinator-Brian Baker-Baker is the DL Coach in Carolina and knows Fox's defense inside and out. Under his tutalage the DL in Carolina somewhat overachieved this year without Peppers.

Resign

Champ Bailey 4 years 28 million Love it, money may not be correct though.

Matt Prater 5 years 7.5 million One of the best in the NFL

Wesley Woodyard 3 years 6 million Love it alot

Kevin Vickerson 2 years 5 million He is not worth that much. He is a backup but im not too sure he is worth that money.

Release/Let Walk/Retire

Brady Quinn Why. We need a backup
            Correll Buckhalter Could really help tebows growth.3red down pass catching back. Who is decent on the screen
            Laurence Mauroney
            Ryan Harris I beleive we should just resign him. Other wise we open up even more holes.
            Russ Hochstien
            Ronald Fields
            Nate Jones
            Andre Goodman I beleive he is one of the best number 2 corners in the league.
            Brian Dawkins
            Jamal Williams
            Renaldo Hill
            Ryan McBean
            Lance Ball Decent depth player. Agile hard runner.

Free Agency

Charles Johnson DE Carolina Panthers 5 years 30 million-The Panthers will have to choose between DeAngelo Williams and Charles Johnson with the franchise tag, they don't have the resources to keep both. With Rivera coming in with the 3-4 I see Johnson leaving and following Fox and Baker. I doubt he riveria brings in the 3-4. He has always been a 4-3 guy up until the last two years. However if we signed this guy. Wow. This would be awesome.

Brandon Mebane DT Seatle Seahawks 4 years 22 million-Mebane is a good under tackle in Seatle's 4-3 with Mebane and Johnson our defensive line becomes solid again. Yes. He is one of the most underrated under tackles in the NFL. However I doubt he will get away from seatle.

Bo Schaife TE Tennessee Titans 5 years 24 million-Schaife is a good all around TE great blocker, good hands, good speed. Schaife adds a good target for Tebow in the middle of the field. Not for that much money. Dont really like this signing.

[These are only the bigger free agents I think we will sign. I see us filling other needs with different players in free agency as well.]

Trades

Kyle Orton to Minnesota for a 3rd round pick. McDaniels will want Orton if he goes to the Vikings and will be in Frazier's ear until draft day trying to get Orton. I like this. However i would hope we try to get a 2nd rounder out of them to start.

Brandon Lloyd to Jacksonville for a 2nd and 5th. With a stable of younger recievers behind him Lloyd, coming off his best season ever, may be pushed aside for picks to improve our GOD-AWFUL Defense. [B]I wouldnt hate this./B]

Draft

1. Nick Fairley DT Auburn-Fairley is a dominating force on the interior, might be as good if not better than Suh IMO. He is not better than Suh but he is amazing. Especially today. He may have secured himnself a top 3 spot. Love it.

2. Casey Mathews LB Oregon-I think Mathews would fit in perfectly in the Tampa Two style defense that Fox brings over. His athleticism and toughness makes him an interesting prospect at MLB. Hell no. Not this early. With the likes of guys like greg jones, quan sturdivant still on the board then he has no business here. He is a 4th round prospect at this point and today he had two good plays. But not much more.

2. Kenny Tate S Maryland-Tate would fill in the hole that Dawkins left behind. Use Tate as an "Ed Reed" type and let him fly around and make plays. Like it alot. We need a new safety.

2. Jabaal Sheard DE Pittsburgh-Sheard is a monster, he missed the Bowl Game vs. Kentucky, but still was Big East Defensive Player of the Year. Like it.

3. Lee Ziemba RT Auburn-Ziemba will take over for Harris. He is a tough nasty run blocker and will protect Tebow's blindside. Not a 3rd round prospect. Maybe in the 5th or 6th but at this pick there are much better lineman.

3. Davon House CB New Mexico State-The most underrated cover corner in the nation, will push Cox, if he's still around, and may earn a starting job. I agree. I like this a lot. Him and jalil brown are both underrated.

5. Brian Lainhart S Kent State-Safety depth.

6. Baron Batch RB Texas Tech-The next Correll Buckhalter, spells Moreno.

7. Marcus Sims FB North Alabama-Good blocker and takes Larson's job.

7. Craig Marshall DE South Florida-Depth on the defensive line.

Starters for 2011

QB-Tebow
            RB-Moreno/White/Batch
            FB-Sims
            TE-Schaife
            WR-Thomas
            WR-Royal
            LT-Clady
            LG-Beadles
            C-Walton
            RG-Kuper
            RT-Ziemba

DE-Johnson/Ayers
            DT-Fairley/Bannan
            DT-Mebane/Vickerson
            DE-Dumervil/Sheard
            WLB-Williams
            MLB-Mathews
            SLB-Haggan
            CB-Bailey
            S-Tate
            S-McBath
            CB-House/Cox
            Killer dline. However with the linebackers wesley woodyard is better than haggen in the 4-3 and should play outside. Haggan not the best in coverage but overall i would like this.

Comment

I like a lot of it, especially Mebane and Fairly on the inside, that with Johnson/Ayers/Dumervil would be an extremely imposing D-line.

However I don't like releasing Brady Quinn and Andre Goodman, and like others have said that is too high for Mathews.

Still, I like it, and would love that D-line!

Comment

Mathews is in no way an immediate starter. I would change the first second rounder to greg jones, resign woodyard. Then you have your 2 starters with dj williams. Then you can have haggen, mathews (if drafted later) and another free agents as backups.

That DLINE WOULD BE AMAZING

Comment

You are beyond dreaming if you think we get Champ for 28 mil.
                  Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                  Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                  Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Originally posted by JoRo View Post
                    You are beyond dreaming if you think we get Champ for 28 mil.
                    you dreaming if you think JJ Watt will be considered for the #2 overall pick lol

jk hes good.

Comment

Also, does nobody follow Rivera? Yes, he runs a 3-4 in San Diego, but he ran a 4-3 in Chicago.

He will stick with a 4-3 in Carolina and they will re-sign Charles Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                        Also, does nobody follow Rivera? Yes, he runs a 3-4 in San Diego, but he ran a 4-3 in Chicago.

He will stick with a 4-3 in Carolina and they will re-sign Charles Johnson.
                        was that confirmed?

He was much more successful with the 3-4..

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
                          Mathews is a third/fourth round pick. Not worth the 35th pick.

Mebane won't leave Seatlle.

Kenny Tate is nothing like Ed Reed, a better comparison is Adrian Wilson.

I don't like trading our best offensive player.

Why release Brady Quinn/Lance Ball, there quality free agents.
                          Agreed with everything you said.

Comment

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
                            was that confirmed?

Wrong and more then a done deal. With carolinas defence as bad as it is at DL and the cap room they have, they'll sign Charles Johnson no doubt.

Remember the old Bears defence that went to the superbowl in 2006? Well guess who was the mastermind and defensive coordinator of that master full 4-3 defense? Ron Rivera was. I think thats enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by jc13 View Post
                              was that confirmed?

He ran a 4-3 cuz he was under Lovie (cover 2 proponent) and they made it to a SB while the defense dragged Cutler V1.0 (that's Sexy Rexy for you at home)

Then he left after his contract ran out, got hired as a linebacker coach and got promoted to DC on a team that was established as a 3-4 team.

Did a good job with both, had talent on both teams. Everyone says he developed the LB's. Flat. Out. Lie. But he was a good DC
                              Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                              Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                              Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Working...
                              X