if we cant get fairley, trade down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if we cant get fairley, trade down!

If we can't get fairley we need to trade down,twice.I don't think there's anyone in the top 25 worth taking for our team other than fairley. if we trade down twice we can likely pick up 2 2nds and a 5th. With a pick around 25 we could still get phea,heyward, or bailey and to me they are the only comparable players to fairley. I think dareus is highly overrated,peterson really dissappointed me in the cotton bowl and so did von miller, and bowers is not fit to be a 3-4 DE. We likely won't b able to trade orton for an extra pick and we could have a great draft with those extra picks think about it 4 2nds a 3rd a 5th to 6ths we could get everything we need. I do think we should resign champ and go after asomuagh as well. I think we should trade down.way down.who's with me?

JJ Watt is worthy of a top 15 pick if we stay in a 3-4 D.

Comment

I like Fairley in the 3-4. That being said, we would be wise to see how the whole process plays out before we consider trading down. The combine, pro-days, personal workouts and team workouts all have to be finished before a complete player profile can be submitted. Many times, a hot prospect shoots toward the top because he blows everyone away with his post season workouts. The team should use this pick wisely because hopefully it will be a mighty long time until we see it again.
      sigpic

Comment

Denver ...

... has the second pick. Why wouldn't the Broncos draft Nick Fairley?
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

If he goes #1.
          Denver Broncos GM
          Originally posted by Mosk
          Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
            If he goes #1.
            Yeah that's what I meant by if we can't get him

Comment

So then we drafting Ragin JJ. No biggie.
              sigpic
              St. Louis Rams GM

Comment

Originally posted by Lukic View Post
                So then we drafting Ragin JJ. No biggie.
                I'm not sold on jj watt at all I'd much rather have phea,heyward or bailey

Comment

Originally posted by themadfanatic View Post
                  I'm not sold on jj watt at all I'd much rather have phea,heyward or bailey
                  im with you. Paea is a beast and quite honestly i would rather him over watt. Only in the 4-3 though

Comment

well trading back should be the goal anyway...we only have 6 pick with many holes to fill

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                      im with you. Paea is a beast and quite honestly i would rather him over watt. Only in the 4-3 though
                      Real good chance you could take Watt at #2 and Paea at #34 (or whenever we pick in the 2nd). I think that would be a nice start to the draft. Infact, I like that idea an awful lot.

Comment

Paea won't drop out of the top 15. there's a good chance that you could trade down to 10-13 range, grab Paea. Then use the picks you just got to move up to 15-20 range and get Watt. But Watt won't be great in a 4-3, and Paea won't be great in a 3-4.
                        Denver Broncos GM
                        Originally posted by Mosk
                        Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

Watt is not worth the #2 overall. No mock I've seen has paea as a top 25 pick so I have no idea y u say as if your positive paea won't fall past 15. I would not trade down if we had a chance to pick fairley,fairley was more dominant in the SECOND than suh was in the big 10 fairley is a monster

Comment

Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
                            Paea won't drop out of the top 15. there's a good chance that you could trade down to 10-13 range, grab Paea. Then use the picks you just got to move up to 15-20 range and get Watt. But Watt won't be great in a 4-3, and Paea won't be great in a 3-4.

Disagree with this as well. You and I are going to have some fun after the draft, that's for sure. This is good though, always fun to have debates with counterviews.

I like Paea, but I don't even have him in my Top 32.

1. Nick Fairley
                            2. JJ Watt
                            3. Patrick Peterson
                            4. Prince Amukamara
                            5. Ryan Mallett
                            6. AJ Green
                            7. Justin Blackmon
                            8. Robert Quinn
                            9. Marcel Dareus
                            10. Ryan Kerrigan
                            11. Julio Jones
                            12. Da'Quan Bowers
                            13. Brandon Harris
                            14. Akeem Ayers
                            15. Cameron Heyward
                            16. Aldon Smith
                            17. Mark Ingram
                            18. Aaron Williams
                            19. Michael LeShoure
                            20. Von Miller
                            21. Jonathan Baldwin
                            22. Blaine Gabbert
                            23. Jake Locker
                            24. Tyron Smith
                            25. Cameron Jordan
                            26. Allen Bailey
                            27. Kyle Rudolph
                            28. Stefan Wisniewski
                            29. Nate Solder
                            30. Derek Sherrod
                            31. Jeremy Beal
                            32. Adrian Clayborn

I think Paea would be solid in any defense, I think the same about Watt. Paea's skillset dictates he could be effective as a 34 NT, even in two gap scheme. Watt has already proven he can be a dynamic power end in a 43.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
                              Real good chance you could take Watt at #2 and Paea at #34 (or whenever we pick in the 2nd). I think that would be a nice start to the draft. Infact, I like that idea an awful lot.
                              Right now at #11 3 choices for Houston are

Robert Quinn
                              Von Miller
                              Stephen Paea

Id put Paea at top but Wade has a penchant for smaller NT type and Earl Mitchell is rumored to be his project at NT.

Comment

Working...
                              X