X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
    replied
    Originally posted by Lukic View Post
    Any particular reasoning why you have Mallett so high? The rankings seem good and there's a fair bit I agree with/close enough to agree with but I really cannot see Mallett as the 5th best prospect in the draft. There's no way I'd draft him over Locker (or draft Gabbert over Locker for that matter).

I like Mallett's arm. Right or wrong, those big-armed QB's from a tough conference that win go awfully high. Mallett's going to take some flak for his personality from all accounts, but talent-wise, he's got everything Matt Stafford has.

Leave a comment:

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosTX77 View Post
    Right now at #11 3 choices for Houston are

Robert Quinn
    Von Miller
    Stephen Paea

Id put Paea at top but Wade has a penchant for smaller NT type and Earl Mitchell is rumored to be his project at NT.

I'd add Brandon Harris, Marcell Dareus, Ryan Kerrigan, Aldon Smith, Aaron Williams, and Akeem Ayers. All seemingly much higher rated than Paea.

Leave a comment:

• IBleedOrange_17
    replied
    Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
    Real good chance you could take Watt at #2 and Paea at #34 (or whenever we pick in the 2nd). I think that would be a nice start to the draft. Infact, I like that idea an awful lot.
    I think if we happen to go back to a 4-3 then drafting Fairley and Paea would give one hell of an interior defensive line. JJ Watt is not worthy of the second pick in the draft, the only way I would be happy drafting him is if we traded back into the late teens early twenties. but then again that is just IMO

Leave a comment:

• MindField
    replied
    Originally posted by themadfanatic View Post
    I would still take bailey over liuget, bailey is really fast for his size
    I am a Hurricane fan, and I like Bailey's effort, but he is limited athletically, and that will be magnified in the NFL. He looks like Frankenstein running around as big and stiff as he is.

I have seen Liuget play like a bull in a china shop, just knocking guys all over...he has completely flown under the rader (although McShay has him in his top 32 now) for most of the season, and I am going to be real interested to see how strong the guy is...

His stock will be on the rise shortly
    Last edited by MindField; 01-11-2011, 03:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• themadfanatic
    replied
    I would still take bailey over liuget, bailey is really fast for his size

Leave a comment:

• MindField
    replied
    Originally posted by themadfanatic View Post
    Three times? I like it. How bout a 4th time to 25 and get heyward or bailey?
    Dude, don't think I wouldn't, as I like Illinois DT Corey Liuget better than some above him (Cameron Heyward, Allen Bailey).

Liuget is my guy...love this cat. 6'3"-308, with a big, thick body to add good weight, and get up into the 318-320 area. He is quick and has some inside pass rush moves...his best football is clearly ahead of him, and he translates well to the RDE in a 3-4.

I was too good for my own good this year in calling Fairley, so I have to go back to the drawing board
    Last edited by MindField; 01-11-2011, 03:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• themadfanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by MindField View Post
    This would be my approach, Nick Fairley or bust.

If Carolina goes Fairley, the Broncos have a prime blue chip to trade down with in Da'Quan Bowers...or Patrick Peterson, who some may see as the next Revis Island

Trade down to the No 7-9 area (Dallas?) and add a second and a fifth to the draft pick stash.
    If you like Marcell Dareus, you could trade down to this area and take him.

You could then trade down again to the 12-14 area of the first, snag at least an additional 3rd and another lower pick.

At 12-14, JJ Watt comes into play, or the Broncos could make a third trade down to the 17-19 area, and take CAL DE Cameron Jordan.

Damn, I'm doing Elway's job for him...
    Three times? I like it. How bout a 4th time to 25 and get heyward or bailey?

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    ... has the second pick. Why wouldn't the Broncos draft Nick Fairley?
    Because Carolina will take him #1 overall before he falls to us..

Leave a comment:

• MindField
    replied
    This would be my approach, Nick Fairley or bust.

If Carolina goes Fairley, the Broncos have a prime blue chip to trade down with in Da'Quan Bowers...or Patrick Peterson, who some may see as the next Revis Island

So, you trade down to the No 6-8 area (Dallas?) and add a second and a fifth to the draft pick stash.
    If you like Marcell Dareus, you could take him here.

Or, you could then trade down again to the 12-14 area of the first, snag at least an additional 3rd and another lower pick.

At 12-14, JJ Watt comes into play, or the Broncos could make a third trade down to the 17-19 area, and take CAL DE Cameron Jordan.

This is the kind of thing Bill Walsh did in the 1985 draft, if I remember correctly, and it re-fortified the team for the next decade with all the seconds, thirds and fourth's the 49ers got.

Damn, I'm doing Elway's job for him...
    Last edited by MindField; 01-11-2011, 03:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LarryDean
    replied
    Originally posted by Lukic View Post
    Any particular reasoning why you have Mallett so high? The rankings seem good and there's a fair bit I agree with/close enough to agree with but I really cannot see Mallett as the 5th best prospect in the draft. There's no way I'd draft him over Locker (or draft Gabbert over Locker for that matter).
    Just imo and something I was thinking about the other day ... Sorta centered around the question being asked ... The question I'm asking is not really pointed at your particular post but just in general

I believe QB is by far the most important position to draft to have any long term success in the NFL .... If any of these three QB's Mallett,Gabbert,Locker have the potential to become NFL starting QB's why would they not be rated very high on draft boards just based on position importance....

Although I thought Mallet looked like a stiff and could certainly use some more touch on his throws I thought his arm was certainly well represented in the Sugar Bowl and definitely worth investing in if I was a team in need of a QB...I don't know where I would have Mallet or the 2 other QBs as far as a draft board is concerned but if I was Carolina I would have to be pretty confident in Clausen or have no confidence at all in the 3 QB prospects to miss out on the opportunity to draft a QB ...

This draft strategy is mind boggling to me and partly the reason I no longer follow the draft as close ...

1 Miami Dolphins Jake Long OT Michigan
    2 St. Louis Rams Chris Long DE Virginia
    3 Atlanta Falcons Matt Ryan QB Boston College
    Last edited by LarryDean; 01-11-2011, 02:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lukic
    replied
    Disagree with this as well. You and I are going to have some fun after the draft, that's for sure. This is good though, always fun to have debates with counterviews.

I like Paea, but I don't even have him in my Top 32.

1. Nick Fairley
    2. JJ Watt
    3. Patrick Peterson
    4. Prince Amukamara
    5. Ryan Mallett
    6. AJ Green
    7. Justin Blackmon
    8. Robert Quinn
    9. Marcel Dareus
    10. Ryan Kerrigan
    11. Julio Jones
    12. Da'Quan Bowers
    13. Brandon Harris
    14. Akeem Ayers
    15. Cameron Heyward
    16. Aldon Smith
    17. Mark Ingram
    18. Aaron Williams
    19. Michael LeShoure
    20. Von Miller
    21. Jonathan Baldwin
    22. Blaine Gabbert
    23. Jake Locker
    24. Tyron Smith
    25. Cameron Jordan
    26. Allen Bailey
    27. Kyle Rudolph
    28. Stefan Wisniewski
    29. Nate Solder
    30. Derek Sherrod
    31. Jeremy Beal
    32. Adrian Clayborn

I think Paea would be solid in any defense, I think the same about Watt. Paea's skillset dictates he could be effective as a 34 NT, even in two gap scheme. Watt has already proven he can be a dynamic power end in a 43.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosTX77
    replied
    Real good chance you could take Watt at #2 and Paea at #34 (or whenever we pick in the 2nd). I think that would be a nice start to the draft. Infact, I like that idea an awful lot.
    Right now at #11 3 choices for Houston are

Robert Quinn
    Von Miller
    Stephen Paea

Id put Paea at top but Wade has a penchant for smaller NT type and Earl Mitchell is rumored to be his project at NT.

Leave a comment:

• Mat'hir Uth Gan
    replied
    Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
    Paea won't drop out of the top 15. there's a good chance that you could trade down to 10-13 range, grab Paea. Then use the picks you just got to move up to 15-20 range and get Watt. But Watt won't be great in a 4-3, and Paea won't be great in a 3-4.

Disagree with this as well. You and I are going to have some fun after the draft, that's for sure. This is good though, always fun to have debates with counterviews.

I like Paea, but I don't even have him in my Top 32.

1. Nick Fairley
    2. JJ Watt
    3. Patrick Peterson
    4. Prince Amukamara
    5. Ryan Mallett
    6. AJ Green
    7. Justin Blackmon
    8. Robert Quinn
    9. Marcel Dareus
    10. Ryan Kerrigan
    11. Julio Jones
    12. Da'Quan Bowers
    13. Brandon Harris
    14. Akeem Ayers
    15. Cameron Heyward
    16. Aldon Smith
    17. Mark Ingram
    18. Aaron Williams
    19. Michael LeShoure
    20. Von Miller
    21. Jonathan Baldwin
    22. Blaine Gabbert
    23. Jake Locker
    24. Tyron Smith
    25. Cameron Jordan
    26. Allen Bailey
    27. Kyle Rudolph
    28. Stefan Wisniewski
    29. Nate Solder
    30. Derek Sherrod
    31. Jeremy Beal
    32. Adrian Clayborn

I think Paea would be solid in any defense, I think the same about Watt. Paea's skillset dictates he could be effective as a 34 NT, even in two gap scheme. Watt has already proven he can be a dynamic power end in a 43.

Leave a comment:

• themadfanatic
    replied
    Watt is not worth the #2 overall. No mock I've seen has paea as a top 25 pick so I have no idea y u say as if your positive paea won't fall past 15. I would not trade down if we had a chance to pick fairley,fairley was more dominant in the SECOND than suh was in the big 10 fairley is a monster

Leave a comment:

• THEdraftnik
    replied
    Paea won't drop out of the top 15. there's a good chance that you could trade down to 10-13 range, grab Paea. Then use the picks you just got to move up to 15-20 range and get Watt. But Watt won't be great in a 4-3, and Paea won't be great in a 3-4.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X